Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unclear which Council responsible for any Linear Research Fields that has been started

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Unclear which Council responsible for any Linear Research Fields that has been started Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unclear which Council responsible for any Linear Resear... - 6/28/2020 12:29:31 PM   
Alcatar

Hello,
Loving the game, just a few UI wishes stand out really. Here's one:

Issue:
Any research that's a "Linear Research Field", once started, will not show which Council it belongs to.
The tool-tip mention of the council also disappears after it has started, although it is mentioned before it's started (seen in screenshot).

Suggested solution:
If the tool-tip could be made to include the council responsible again, even after research has started, that would solve the issue.

Below screenshot shows how both the tag and tool-tip disappear once research has begun.
If it wasn't for the fact I remembered which councils were handling "Conventional Small Arms" and "Personal Armour Optimisation", I would need to use the main report screen to check (so long as it's still in progress), and otherwise I'd have to call the councils to check on the research options each has.

TLDR: Tech doesn't indicate the Council once progress is made. See how Mining Techniques doesn't show it either in the name or tool-tip.
We need indicators that work after progress is made.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Alcatar -- 7/13/2020 5:35:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unclear which Council responsible for any Linear Re... - 6/28/2020 5:22:21 PM   
Atros

As far as I understand, all the linear sciences are the field for science council and the binary techs are the responsibility to either economic council or mil research council and thus there isn't need to know anymore when they have become linear as they all belong for sciences.

(in reply to Alcatar)
Post #: 2
RE: Unclear which Council responsible for any Linear Re... - 6/28/2020 8:02:16 PM   
zgrssd

The letters tell the story:
Ap - Applied Science Council
Ec - Economic Council
Mi - Military Council

(in reply to Atros)
Post #: 3
RE: Unclear which Council responsible for any Linear Re... - 6/28/2020 8:25:04 PM   
Alcatar

There are indeed Linear Research Fields for the Economic, Military and (mainly) Applied Science councils.
However you can see in the picture, that once research has begun, both the mention of the council in the tool-tip and the AP/EC/MI markers disappear - so you have absolutely nothing telling you what council can continue researching this, or is already in the process of it.

If you begin research of several (which is the point, as Linear Research is "almost impossible" to get to 100%), you won't see which Council is able to resume which tech.

TLDR: See how in the picture Mining Techniques doesn't show which council it belongs to, because it's already seen progress made - same with Conventional Small Arms and Personal Armour Optimisation. We need some way of identifying the council after progress begins.

< Message edited by Alcatar -- 7/13/2020 12:04:56 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Unclear which Council responsible for any Linear Re... - 6/28/2020 9:39:27 PM   
GodwinW

Agreed. Also want a highlight which tech is currently being researched.

(in reply to Alcatar)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Unclear which Council responsible for any Linear Research Fields that has been started Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI