Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Attacking FROM forest = malus ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Attacking FROM forest = malus ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attacking FROM forest = malus ? - 6/29/2020 5:27:46 PM   
Tchey

Hello,

I’m not sure about something.

If i attack from a plain, with simple footmen, a target inside a forest, simple footmen too, the target can get a great bonus to its defense.

But if i attack from a forest, a target inside a plain, is there anything good/bad then ?

Common case, is it always better to attack something inside a plain ?
Post #: 1
RE: Attacking FROM forest = malus ? - 6/29/2020 6:34:36 PM   
Atros

Haven't really checked the singular penalties accumulation, only the total winning probability, but usually in these kinds of games only the defending terrain matters. Besides that, you usually get penalty for crossing river to attack or if you make a landing to attack (attacking from ships, which isn't yet present in this game).

You can easily test it to some freemen or monster army, just do two identical units like recon and attack with one from plains and with other from forest and see if the winning chance changes.

(in reply to Tchey)
Post #: 2
RE: Attacking FROM forest = malus ? - 6/29/2020 6:59:21 PM   
Jdane

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tchey

Common case, is it always better to attack something inside a plain ?

That would be rather situational I guess. Tanks for example have a malus to defense in forests, so you'd rather want to attack them with your RPG infantry when the tanks are in a forest, than when they are in plains.

But generally, you can't entrench as much in the more open types of terrain, so those tend to favor the offense.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/29/2020 7:00:19 PM >

(in reply to Tchey)
Post #: 3
RE: Attacking FROM forest = malus ? - 6/29/2020 8:51:04 PM   
zgrssd

As Jdane said, it depends on what the attacker and defender are!
Infantry is notoriously good at entrenching. While all Vehicles except walkers suffer massive penalties in hard terrain like woods.
Plus the general focus of some units for offense over defense, or vice versa.

Generally Infantry and guns are better defensive weapons. Wich benefit from hard terrain via Entrechnment.
While vehicles are better offensive ones that can not get entrechnment - and get penalties just defending in hard terrain.

Also, it seems like the Callibre Modifier is currently not working. Once that one is fixed, math will once again change in favor of armored Vehicles:
They may have issues killing the enemy with the penalties, but at least they would be very hard to kill in return!

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/29/2020 8:56:01 PM >

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Attacking FROM forest = malus ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI