Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Transfer items between zones?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Transfer items between zones? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transfer items between zones? - 7/4/2020 2:15:12 AM   
mroyer

Is it possible to transfer items between zone stockpiles?

Thanks,
-Mark R.
Post #: 1
RE: Transfer items between zones? - 7/4/2020 2:26:57 AM   
Tssha

Yes, there's a button for that, I believe on the right-hand panel.

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 2
RE: Transfer items between zones? - 7/4/2020 5:45:45 AM   
LordAldrich

No. Unless you actually mean between SHQ stockpiles. Otherwise it's totally out of your hands - the only control you have is to enable or disable "allow emergency food".

(in reply to Tssha)
Post #: 3
RE: Transfer items between zones? - 7/4/2020 10:59:46 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: mroyer

Is it possible to transfer items between zone stockpiles?

Thanks,
-Mark R.

That is the job of the SHQ.

Zones try to only keep 1 turn of consumption (2 with food) in inventory. Everything else - including the unusued storage capacity - is tagged with "for retrieval by the SHQ".
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4834257

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 4
RE: Transfer items between zones? - 7/4/2020 1:50:29 PM   
mroyer

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordAldrich
No. Unless you actually mean between SHQ stockpiles. Otherwise it's totally out of your hands - the only control you have is to enable or disable "allow emergency food".

Yes indeed, I do mean between transferring goods (i.e., items: oil, metal, machines, etc...) between zones. I have one zone that just unearthed a bunch of machines from their ruins, but doesn't need them (yet) and another zone that is purchasing machines from traders. (or maybe it's the SHQ, I'm still getting all that straight in my head.)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Zones try to only keep 1 turn of consumption (2 with food) in inventory. Everything else - including the unusued storage capacity - is tagged with "for retrieval by the SHQ".

Thanks for that link - very well done!
I am working through who pays for what and how with respect to items/assets and still am a bit confused with it. It seems sometimes the SHQ coughs up the cost and other times it's the zones.

(also, I enjoyed the Roman supply system video you linked - reminded me of Martin Van Creveld's Supplying War that I read many years ago.)

-Mark R.

< Message edited by mroyer -- 7/4/2020 1:54:49 PM >

(in reply to LordAldrich)
Post #: 5
RE: Transfer items between zones? - 7/4/2020 2:50:16 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: mroyer

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordAldrich

Yes indeed, I do mean between transferring goods (i.e., items: oil, metal, machines, etc...) between zones. I have one zone that just unearthed a bunch of machines from their ruins, but doesn't need them (yet) and another zone that is purchasing machines from traders. (or maybe it's the SHQ, I'm still getting all that straight in my head.)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Thanks for that link - very well done!
I am working through who pays for what and how with respect to items/assets and still am a bit confused with it. It seems sometimes the SHQ coughs up the cost and other times it's the zones.

(also, I enjoyed the Roman supply system video you linked - reminded me of Martin Van Creveld's Supplying War that I read many years ago.)

-Mark R.

Production only happens way after Consturction, Consumption and SHQ > Zone Deliveries. Both for the SHQ and the zone the rule is:
Only the storage when you hit end turn is availible for the next turns construction.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/5/2020 12:02:13 PM >

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 6
RE: Transfer items between zones? - 7/5/2020 6:08:42 AM   
Zyphtan

The SHQ starts the turn by delivering stuff to zones. Workers need food and zones need that and items for production. Then Supplies to units. You then recieve stuff from zones to your SHQ then Reinforcements go out if you have any in your SHQ.

The Cycle starts again from the beginning if the SHQ limited things and not enough LP was there for the say usual 40% for SHQ > Zone at the start. The SHQ only able to use stuff at the start of the next turn I believe if it was delivered.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Transfer items between zones? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI