Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/7/2020 9:06:40 PM   
kevinkins

Dude ... move on to move interesting topics. MP was never promised for the commercial version of CMO. Moderator, just close this down. Now he/she is claiming to have been a beta tester which is ridiculous.

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to drakk0r)
Post #: 31
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/7/2020 10:05:12 PM   
drakk0r

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinkins

Dude ... move on to move interesting topics. MP was never promised for the commercial version of CMO. Moderator, just close this down. Now he/she is claiming to have been a beta tester which is ridiculous.

Ridiculous I tell you!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 32
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/7/2020 10:30:29 PM   
thewood1

Then its even crazier. If you've been paying attention as a beta tester, you would know. So you still haven't pointed out a promise.

(in reply to drakk0r)
Post #: 33
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/7/2020 10:45:31 PM   
drakk0r

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Then its even crazier. If you've been paying attention as a beta tester, you would know. So you still haven't pointed out a promise.

Have you read the whole thread? Did you miss the parts where their forums are down and that I likely don't even have access to the forums where the information might be located even if they weren't down? Or what about the part when I twice conceded I was probably mistaken anyway, as I have no means of backing up my initial statement. BDukes found something interesting though, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 34
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/7/2020 11:10:56 PM   
thewood1

The forums aren't down. I was on them most of the day yesterday and today. It was stated that no promise was made...by the devs even. For someone who has conceded he was wrong, you sure are going on a lot.

(in reply to drakk0r)
Post #: 35
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/7/2020 11:35:37 PM   
kevinkins

Everyone .. drakk0r is tolling us and just end this thread please. Command is a wonderful sim and needs our attention to bring in new players that are ready to learn.

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 36
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/7/2020 11:50:14 PM   
drakk0r

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

The forums aren't down. I was on them most of the day yesterday and today. It was stated that no promise was made...by the devs even. For someone who has conceded he was wrong, you sure are going on a lot.

I go on when someone gives me a reason to reply.

Attachment (2)

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 37
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/7/2020 11:51:47 PM   
thewood1

OK, I thought you meant the whole site. Nevermind.

(in reply to drakk0r)
Post #: 38
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/8/2020 7:31:03 AM   
Rory Noonan

Question has been answered I think.

I'm a bit disappointed I've had to spend so much time policing the online behaviour of grown adults this afternoon.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 39
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/11/2020 6:09:07 PM   
AdmiralSteve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

https://m.signalvnoise.com/software-has-bugs-this-is-normal/

I wish I could thumbs up this a million times so one will have to do.
My God, just modeling surface, sub-surface and arial platforms and everything that that they shoot, and getting every radar, sonar and ECM suite with minimal problems has got to be a task comparing to organ transplant surgery. Bravo Zulu to you all.

Attachment (2)

“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 40
RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth - 7/12/2020 11:15:27 AM   
ultradave

quote:

ORIGINAL: bladesinger79

What is the truth I seek? Simple: BUGS. How buggy is this game compared to the predecessor, CMANO? I don't feel like spending $79+ on a buggy game to date.

Truth in a question like this is subjective. Here's my subjective opinion of the truth :-)

To go way back to the original question, CMO, ( IMO ), is well worth the money. The only bugs that significantly affected anything I did in the game have long since been squashed. (won't go into details but they affected air mission parameters). Things that pop up these days are pretty small items and just as with C:MANO before, the developers are the most responsive that I've ever seen of any software company.

You're on the forum, so you can see what is coming up lately in the Tech Support section. When a problem is clearly described and a save game provided, it gets investigated quickly.

I'm not a scenario developer, and some of what I consider to be trivial might be more concerning to someone developing a scenario where something just won't work, but again, after the months that have gone by, I don't see to many of those being brought up.

In addition, a big part of the price of admission is the database. It's massive. It's like having editions of Jane's for every field there is, at a small fraction of the cost of owning all those Jane's. Again, the developers are quick to add new items to the database when people request them AND provide good open source data/links with enough info.

So there's *my* truth. Worth what you paid for it :-) I have to say, between CMANO and CMO I've gotten my money's worth many times over, and I bought CMO the day it was issued in part to support the developers. They added so much to CMANO that we got for free that I felt that the money was well spent. (and the 50% discount I thought was more than generous - was not expecting that much).

Dave

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to bladesinger79)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Buying CMO, but need to know the truth Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI