Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 11:13:11 AM   
Kaspar

Why does one of the rail hexes have 0 leftover LP, when hexes on both sides of the line does, and nothing draws from that hex?
Why does Piezfort have plenty of leftover LP, when 2 hexes to the right there are almost none?
Nothing is using from any of those hexes, and no units are drawing operational supply anywhere nearby.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 11:15:14 AM   
Kaspar

Here's the traffic view for the rail hex with no leftover points.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Kaspar)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 11:23:10 AM   
Sieppo

I've had similar incidents especially when capturing cities or upgrading rail stations, when supply seems to end on rail. Just looking at the first picture I'd say there is no rail supply into or from the city (because the station is upgraded or built or the rail connection is just establishing) and the logistics around the city is just trucks. The rail is only using the U-shaped line in the north. I've had multiple turns with an even functioning rail station that no rail supply has gone or from it. But after a few turns it has started.

These are just things I have observer and deducted. Don't really know the system that well.

(in reply to Kaspar)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 11:25:42 AM   
Sieppo

Maybe you can post what the data says from the hex BELOW that one?

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 11:29:55 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kaspar

Why does one of the rail hexes have 0 leftover LP, when hexes on both sides of the line does, and nothing draws from that hex?
Why does Piezfort have plenty of leftover LP, when 2 hexes to the right there are almost none?
Nothing is using from any of those hexes, and no units are drawing operational supply anywhere nearby.

What were the initial points for this part?

Chances are it was simply the weakest part of the whole northern direction. So all the supplies going north and north/west consumed every last bit of Logistics that was on this part of the Rails.

Logistics is as simple as:
400-400 = 0
400+400 = 800
800-400 = 400

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/8/2020 11:30:34 AM >

(in reply to Kaspar)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 1:48:26 PM   
demiare

quote:

Don't know in your case but in my (had similar situation) every logistic point was used and save/load with a different traffic limitations confirmed it. Try to use second logistic view mode "used points" to check it.

This IMHO a major flaw in "basic" logistic viewmode that both situations of no logistic at all and no REMAINING logistic points are look the same. Again IMHO, but in that case I would prefer to see green line with a "0" value - logistic is going through those hexs but nothing remains unused.

If you're starting mass construction in several zones relying on single SHQ it will backfire sometimes

(in reply to Kaspar)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 4:15:58 PM   
SamMAVRS

the way the rail works is that they are meant to be from point A to B only. its really stupid but if you have 1 rail line diverge into 2 before hitting a station (because i mean that never really happens in real life), 1 line gets 10%. you need a station for it to diverge. also, yes the logistics network is seriously bugged in 1.4. my capital wont even connect anymore to any roads or rails outside its hex even if there are stations immediately outside. i tested it out several ways to work around this and none of them work. unless you can live without that 1 hex getting logistics, id say wait till the next patch or 2.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 7
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 4:39:06 PM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamMAVRS

also, yes the logistics network is seriously bugged in 1.4. my capital wont even connect anymore to any roads or rails outside its hex even if there are stations immediately outside.

Have no major issues (a few minor about traffic signs & pull system that are in middle of bug-fixing now) in my latest game started at 1.04beta3. Sure, Rail Station placed outside of city need additional turn to come online : first turn is purely construction'd finished, second turn is used to establish connection purely to SHQ, on third one it's working at full capacity.

Are you sure you had issues and not messed himself with signs / load on single SHQ?

(in reply to SamMAVRS)
Post #: 8
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 5:22:35 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamMAVRS

also, yes the logistics network is seriously bugged in 1.4. my capital wont even connect anymore to any roads or rails outside its hex even if there are stations immediately outside.

Have no major issues (a few minor about traffic signs & pull system that are in middle of bug-fixing now) in my latest game started at 1.04beta3. Sure, Rail Station placed outside of city need additional turn to come online : first turn is purely construction'd finished, second turn is used to establish connection purely to SHQ, on third one it's working at full capacity.

Are you sure you had issues and not messed himself with signs / load on single SHQ?

No Problems here either.
He seems to just keep complaining but never even tries to give us any data to help him.

So, I give it 90% chance it is a user error.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 9
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 6:35:08 PM   
Kaspar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

Maybe you can post what the data says from the hex BELOW that one?

The city is my capital which has had a rail station for many turns.

Here's from the hex below:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 10
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 7:09:16 PM   
Kaspar

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Chances are it was simply the weakest part of the whole northern direction. So all the supplies going north and north/west consumed every last bit of Logistics that was on this part of the Rails.

400-400 = 0
400+400 = 800
800-400 = 400

Here are the initial points. And yes, that one rail hex has less initial points than then hexes above and below it. I just don't see how that can make any sense.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 11
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 8:27:02 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

400-400 = 0
400+400 = 800
800-400 = 400

Here are the initial points. And yes, that one rail hex has less initial points than then hexes above and below it. I just don't see how that can make any sense.

Oddly, the north and north/east lines also sume up to 8706 - wich more then any other hex on this image.
The hex just noth of Moasalpha has more then teh one south where it comes from.

Maybe you got some *really* far away line that are running out down there?

Your original image did not include any Rail Lines where the distance or Branches had used up enough AP. But then, it might be incomplete.

(in reply to Kaspar)
Post #: 12
RE: [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? - 7/8/2020 8:28:13 PM   
zgrssd

However in the end, it should not really mater. You know you got a bottleneck down there. So upgrade the nearest Rail Station. Or add anotehr one.

Edit: Oh, the one north of Moasalpha has more, because some ~1414 are on the road crossing.
The rail itself is only 5596 it seems.
Mosalpha itself should also have a road - IIRC, supply connections require a road.
So you only need to account for the 7154.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/8/2020 8:33:16 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> [1.04] Is this a bug in the logistics system? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI