Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent level high speed rail station

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent level high speed rail station Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent level hi... - 7/7/2020 1:25:40 PM   
Kaspar

It should be possible to construct an upgrade of a rail station to an equivalent high speed rail station.
Right now the procedure is to tear down your existing rail station and then begin building a new level I high speed rail station. And that wreaks havoc on your logistics system.
Post #: 1
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/7/2020 2:27:06 PM   
willgamer

You can build the h/s rail just outside the city so that it will exist in addition to the regular rail.

But, I agree that it makes more sense if it were an upgrade to the existing station.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to Kaspar)
Post #: 2
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/7/2020 2:45:00 PM   
zgrssd

I fully agree that needs another pass. And the basis for it is already there anyway:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4837855

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 3
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/7/2020 7:26:59 PM   
SamMAVRS

had a level 7 rail station that i had to tear down. took me about 20 turns just to start building a level 1 hs rail. the amount that can happen in a single turn let alone 20 is baffling how this is what vic decided was ok. on a small map, regular rail can maybe get away with but on normal and especially large maps, you NEED the hs rail the further away you get from the SHQ. even after tearing down the old rail, none of the logistics even leaves the HQ after building the hs rail meaning no resupply or upgrades to any units outside the city. im really beginning to think this game is in a late alpha state if anything. no where does Matrix mention this is an early access game. its like i keep running into bug after bug and having to work around it. i mean 1.4 is when the pictures of hs rail was finally fixed? come on now. at least say its still in development rather then trick people into thinking its a complete game.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/7/2020 8:58:32 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamMAVRS

had a level 7 rail station that i had to tear down. took me about 20 turns just to start building a level 1 hs rail. the amount that can happen in a single turn let alone 20 is baffling how this is what vic decided was ok. on a small map, regular rail can maybe get away with but on normal and especially large maps, you NEED the hs rail the further away you get from the SHQ. even after tearing down the old rail, none of the logistics even leaves the HQ after building the hs rail meaning no resupply or upgrades to any units outside the city. im really beginning to think this game is in a late alpha state if anything. no where does Matrix mention this is an early access game. its like i keep running into bug after bug and having to work around it. i mean 1.4 is when the pictures of hs rail was finally fixed? come on now. at least say its still in development rather then trick people into thinking its a complete game.

As was said: You can build the HS Rail Station 1 hex outside the city, along the existing or upgraded tracks.

(in reply to SamMAVRS)
Post #: 5
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/8/2020 9:06:48 AM   
Kaspar

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd
As was said: You can build the HS Rail Station 1 hex outside the city, along the existing or upgraded tracks.

Yeah, but if you do that, you need to send half the LP back into the capital, so you only have half the points to send forward to the zones.

EDIT: N/M. I see how you can do it.

< Message edited by Kaspar -- 7/8/2020 9:35:21 AM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/8/2020 9:48:50 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kaspar

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Yeah, but if you do that, you need to send half the LP back into the capital, so you only have half the points to send forward to the zones.

EDIT: N/M. I see how you can do it.

Just to be clear:
I absolutely agree this game needs a sidegrade/replace option.
And the basis for that is already solidly there.
Plus a easier to way to remove buildings.

It is just not quite as bad as having to actually wait for the scrapping.

(in reply to Kaspar)
Post #: 7
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/8/2020 4:08:16 PM   
SamMAVRS

nope i tested that out. it doesnt work. the entire logistics network just shuts off. ive even built little logistics outposts periodically throughout my routes to expand things. still nothing. 1.4 is a broken update that needs to be redone sooner then later. im baffled that this wasnt caught during testing. like come on now, it doesnt take longer then a second to realize that this was an awful idea.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 8
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/8/2020 4:29:03 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamMAVRS

nope i tested that out. it doesnt work. the entire logistics network just shuts off. ive even built little logistics outposts periodically throughout my routes to expand things. still nothing. 1.4 is a broken update that needs to be redone sooner then later. im baffled that this wasnt caught during testing. like come on now, it doesnt take longer then a second to realize that this was an awful idea.

"Does not work" has never been a sufficient problem description.
And without a described Problem, there is nothing to fix.

(in reply to SamMAVRS)
Post #: 9
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/10/2020 9:09:23 AM   
Vic

I like to see upgrading regular Rail to HS Rail as well. Its on the list. Just not super high priority.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 10
RE: It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent leve... - 7/10/2020 6:51:07 PM   
SamMAVRS

not super high???? are you playing your own game? have a game with multiple cities and around 5 armys on each corner of your empire. then try and replace a level 7 rail station in your home city and see what happens. pray your not at war or trying to build up a bran new city you founded because 20 turns later reinforcements and pop growth will not happen. that city will die out and your armys will slowly dwindle away. your game is all about logistics. how is this not a high priority?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> It should be possible to upgrade to equivalent level high speed rail station Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI