Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 3:39:02 PM   
lloydster4

Vic, regarding the decreased cost of Rail along existing roads:

Does this decrease the IP cost, Metal cost, or both? I feel that metal costs shouldn't be affected.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 331
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 3:49:53 PM   
Destragon

This is an amazing update. Those history options are pretty cool.

Here are the new options for anyone who's curious. You can apparently select multiples of these.

It looks like 100% block traffic signs still won't let pull points through. I assume this is still being worked on?

quote:

ORIGINAL: lloydster4
Does this decrease the IP cost, Metal cost, or both? I feel that metal costs shouldn't be affected.

It only affects the IP cost.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 332
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 3:58:44 PM   
jimwinsor

A suggestion on the Alien Life History Class option: Currently it forces both plant and animal life to appear. This means if you pick a Seth planet and force life, 99% of the deserts will disappear and be replaced with grasslands and forests. Which essentially makes it no longer a desert planet. Meaning I might as well have chosen Medusa in the first place.

What would make this option a bit more interesting would be limit the option to animal life only. That way, you still would retain the essential look and feel of each planet's geographic classification.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 333
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 4:08:06 PM   
jimwinsor

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor

A suggestion on the Alien Life History Class option: Currently it forces both plant and animal life to appear. This means if you pick a Seth planet and force life, 99% of the deserts will disappear and be replaced with grasslands and forests. Which essentially makes it no longer a desert planet. Meaning I might as well have chosen Medusa in the first place.

What would make this option a bit more interesting would be limit the option to animal life only. That way, you still would retain the essential look and feel of each planet's geographic classification.

Although I do admit this Cerberus planet looks interesting:

Attachment (1)

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 334
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 4:12:34 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor

Give it some rerolls.. it can give different results than that.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 335
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 4:52:00 PM   
Smidlee

Thank you for the Nemesis option. I don't want to take the lead so quickly.
Does the Nemesis get as head start in tech as well?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 336
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 5:49:30 PM   
GodwinW

Those History options look very awesome! Eager to try them out when I finish this current game!

(in reply to Smidlee)
Post #: 337
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 5:59:48 PM   
eddieballgame

Wow, just the 'History Class' addition has made this the best beta update so far.
The limiting of Majors, for example, will/should allow for larger planets to play faster per AI turns.
Thank you, Vic, for your dedication to your product (which is Game of the Year in my book).
Considering all the crap we all have been dealing with this year...your wonderful game has been a Godsend to me.

< Message edited by eddieballgame -- 7/10/2020 8:17:48 PM >

(in reply to Smidlee)
Post #: 338
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 7:26:17 PM   
Vhalor

History Classes is indeed a nice addition. Anything to fine tune your planets is always welcomed.

"Pull and obtain wisdom. Push and invite ruin." ― Cult of LIS

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 339
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 8:12:56 PM   
demiare

Still I really want to see a "Major Regimes amount" slider. Option to have a single super-enemy is a nice, but IMHO 2-3 majors will be the best - you both will get a chance to find a weaker victim AND it could lead to serious border issues when you're treated from opposite sides.

Another suggestion - allow player to remove limitation on % of oceans on planet as a option. Yes, we still lack navy. But if you want to play icy tomb planet it doesn't matter at all.

But in short - History Classes ARE AWESOME! Finally I would be able to play on snowy planet with alien life, ^_^

(in reply to Vhalor)
Post #: 340
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 9:03:28 PM   
demiare

I'm trying to generate a planet using "Alien Life" comboed with "Robinson" and it's indeed a bit broken now.

I'm using it on a planet with -28C average, get some alien life (5 out of 5 tries - non-breathable and zero digestion value) and then colonization generator happily place >2b pops AND creating a lot of agriculture hex areas despite open farming being simply impossible here.

UPD. A few tests done. Solo "Alien Life" and "Robinson" seems to work fine and don't create farmer population on icy worlds. Seems it's their combination going completely crazy.

< Message edited by demiare -- 7/10/2020 9:08:17 PM >

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 341
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 10:36:32 PM   
Culthrasa

Mentioning it here instead of as a bug:

I started a "alien life" on a Medusa world, and got some nice green and lush vegetation. However, I didn't get a water resource, no rainfall(obviously) and the "lakes" are lava. So all in all.. no water what so ever :) I took up the challenge and am steadily buying water (water is cheap on the market so there must be water somewhere) every turn. If this is WAD, great! A nice challenge. But it could also be viewed as not intended :)

Not a complaint (I like these kind of challenges, and it's a better game because of it) but more a tentative question mark :)

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 342
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/10/2020 11:16:54 PM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: Culthrasa

I started a "alien life" on a Medusa world, and got some nice green and lush vegetation. However, I didn't get a water resource, no rainfall(obviously) and the "lakes" are lava. So all in all.. no water what so ever :) I took up the challenge and am steadily buying water (water is cheap on the market so there must be water somewhere) every turn. If this is WAD, great! A nice challenge. But it could also be viewed as not intended :)

It's MAY be not a bug completely : check you biosphere (via "help" menu) - are life here is water-based? It can be NOT water-based.

(in reply to Culthrasa)
Post #: 343
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 12:01:07 AM   
Jorge_Stanbury

So far in most of my experiments, "Alien lifeforms" history will make my "Limos class" planets into forests or cloud forests/ lush vegetation

I think some fine tuning should be done in future betas

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 344
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 12:20:44 AM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

So far in most of my experiments, "Alien lifeforms" history will make my "Limos class" planets into forests or cloud forests/ lush vegetation

What's wrong with it? Animals need a food source = plants (even if they aren't water-based). Plants = forests (even they would look very differently from ours).

If you're trying to make Duna-like planet - worms can't exist without magic, as underground movement is INSANELY energy-ineffective.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 345
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 10:18:06 AM   
Foxador

I feel the Haven of Calm could use a tweak or two. All the raiders and slavers are replaced with farmers which would make sense if they actually were...farming. What you actually get is just a bunch of empty land and "farmers" who have a ton of militia units that swarm your lands like a bee hive once your borders touch them. Typically they offer you peace right away and go away but they make no sense being farmers with no town or city or anything that's actual being farmed.

They're also super easy to unify since when they ask you for peace they tend to get +60 relations putting them at 90ish which just means that you get a ton of militia units for free. A bug with that though is the land they own has a governor running it that now goes under your control in their old zone but once you end your turn after unifying them their zone vanishes and gets absorbed into what town(s) you have near it. The bug is that the governor you got is still there in charge of those lands of nothing and you have to go to your management screen to fire them or you're paying this person who's in charge of nothing. If they lost all their land they should just go into the reserves instead of a proxy governor.

Still I just find it odd to have these "farmer" factions with huge swaths of land that bum rush your lands like raiders that own no city but want peace with you. But I guess that's just one of the main things that needs to get worked on, the AI swarming hyper aggressively against the player since they're the only ones they'll make a move on unless it's another major faction.

I feel that they need to either have a city, could be super small if need be, or just out right removed and replaced with free folk since that's pretty much what they're acting like.

The Alien life thing makes it so any planet will have tree's on it, even moons and planetoids. I guess I was just hoping that the alien life would be like lithiods, more spiders, or something that didn't need trees since it's super weird to have those places covered in trees. Could just make up a new alien that doesn't need that stuff since spiders can already live on the moons and stuff currently so why not other weird stuff. I wanted alien life not trees

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 346
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 1:23:51 PM   
Destragon

You got farmers without cities? That is absolutely a bug. Haven of Calm probably converted slavers/nomads/etc into farmers and forgot to give them an actual city.

(in reply to Foxador)
Post #: 347
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 1:33:47 PM   
Fizbun

I dont want to post a new thread to suggest this so I'll post it here. Can we get a button so that we can privatize assets? Because it is possible to nationalize assets so what about vice versa.

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 348
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 5:33:50 PM   
Elver

quote:

-Rare case, but still: Xeno- Farming with plants with non Water solvent will not require water to farm now.
-Also fixed Alien Plants ideal temperatures calculation if using a different solvent than water.

Seeing deep differences between how radically different planets function makes me incredibly happy, and I'd be inclined to think that the Alien Life history will make these a whole lot less rare.

(in reply to Fizbun)
Post #: 349
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 6:05:40 PM   
Foxador

Yea you have the normal towns which are all farmers then any land that would've been slavers or raiders are just "farmers" with a huge amount of militia troops that all sit in the middle of the zone doing nothing until your borders touch them

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 350
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 6:40:14 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiare

quote:

What's wrong with it? Animals need a food source = plants (even if they aren't water-based). Plants = forests (even they would look very differently from ours).

If you're trying to make Duna-like planet - worms can't exist without magic, as underground movement is INSANELY energy-ineffective.

What I would like is that the general feel of the planet remains,

Limos Class
Named after the god of starvation. Not quite desert Planets, but not much better either. They have some amount of liquid water.

so for a Limos, some pockets of vegetation is fine, but don't make it a cloud forest

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 351
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 6:45:22 PM   
Koofka01

Very cool new patch. Hit one oddity though trying it out during early expansion. One of my militia units was attacked and the SHQ commander died in the fighting. Generally had thought he was linked to the base at the capital. Intended new behavior? Also noticed when I clicked on the SHQ counter in the base before he was killed that his Suitability was 1200+ when in all other spots it was around 30.

Post #: 352
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 6:57:46 PM   
OldSarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Koofka01

Very cool new patch. Hit one oddity though trying it out during early expansion. One of my militia units was attacked and the SHQ commander died in the fighting. Generally had thought he was linked to the base at the capital. Intended new behavior? Also noticed when I clicked on the SHQ counter in the base before he was killed that his Suitability was 1200+ when in all other spots it was around 30.

That has been around since the beginning and is working as designed/intended. HQ commanders have the possibility of being killed if they're assisting a unit. I'm not sure what the actual odds are, but it goes up if the leader also has a high 'Lead from the Front' skill.

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to Koofka01)
Post #: 353
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 7:16:49 PM   
Koofka01

quote:

That has been around since the beginning and is working as designed/intended. HQ commanders have the possibility of being killed if they're assisting a unit. I'm not sure what the actual odds are, but it goes up if the leader also has a high 'Lead from the Front' skill.

Thanks OldSarge, hadn't seen that before but you are correct, the SHQ commander had a 33 Lead from the Front skill.

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 354
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) - 7/11/2020 9:25:18 PM   
demiare

quote:

What I would like is that the general feel of the planet remains,

Limos Class
Named after the god of starvation. Not quite desert Planets, but not much better either. They have some amount of liquid water.

so for a Limos, some pockets of vegetation is fine, but don't make it a cloud forest

All planets description are fakes. Borealis state that there will be a lot of water in form of ice - and EASILY generated without any surface water.

Post #: 355
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 7/11/2020 10:13:12 PM   
scottrossi

wow, these history classes are really neat! it would be cool to see more of this around planet generation too. maybe an option called planet modifiers or something, for more water, more rainfall/rivers, elliptical orbit (really bad winters, less food production in open agriculture, encourage xeno farms), etc! this game is absolutely fantastic. keep up the great work.

(in reply to aperfecturkel)
Post #: 356
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 7/12/2020 5:03:35 AM   
Elver

quote:

-Rare case, but still: Xeno- Farming with plants with non Water solvent will not require water to farm now.
-Also fixed Alien Plants ideal temperatures calculation if using a different solvent than water.

Are these changes being taken into account during Dissolution? I have a too-toxic-for-Terran-plants planet with water-peroxide-solvent tree-level full-nutrition xeno flora covering the planet - and which was covered with huge swathes of areal during the colonization phase - but after Dissolution all the areal was gone and all starting farms were dome farms even though I can build xeno farms freely myself.

(in reply to scottrossi)
Post #: 357
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 7/12/2020 9:36:38 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elver

quote:

Are these changes being taken into account during Dissolution? I have a too-toxic-for-Terran-plants planet with water-peroxide-solvent tree-level full-nutrition xeno flora covering the planet - and which was covered with huge swathes of areal during the colonization phase - but after Dissolution all the areal was gone and all starting farms were dome farms even though I can build xeno farms freely myself.

this is a graphic glitch during colonization/dissolution scheduled to be fixed for beta8. Didn't manage to squeeze it in today.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Elver)
Post #: 358
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta7 (last update 12th july!) - 7/12/2020 9:40:49 AM   
Vic

Number of fixes.
And some changes to Traffic Signs concerning Pull Points. Gave it all some thought and think it is better if Logistics spread by Pull Points ignore Truck&Rail Traffic Signs and only use Pull Traffic Signs.

This way Truck&Rail can be used to direct the remainder of Logistics Points for what remains after what has been send to follow Pull Points.

best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 359
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta7 (last update 12th july!) - 7/12/2020 10:50:03 AM   
ramnblam

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

-Rail and Truck Traffic Sign will not stop Logistics Points running towards Pull Points anymore. Pull Traffic Signs will.

Omg Vic, I love you.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.04-beta5 (last update 8th july!) Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI