Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Officers Virus Alerts / Missing Officers.EXE Files - READ THIS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Officers - The Matrix Edition >> Tech Support >> Officers Virus Alerts / Missing Officers.EXE Files - READ THIS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Officers Virus Alerts / Missing Officers.EXE Files - RE... - 1/13/2010 8:10:04 PM   
SeanD

In the past the Officers.EXE file has triggered a virus warning from some anti-virus software. This is NOT due to a virus being embedded within the EXE file. What is happening is the virus scanner is detecting the way our copy protection is implemented in this game as being a virus and, in some cases, is deleting or quarantining the EXE. This problem also seems to be happening with Dragon Age Origins by Bioware.

For those of you who were able to play Officers and then suddenly can not run the game from its menu or can't find the Officers.EXE file, please disable your virus protection and then reinstall Officers. Before reenabling your virus scanner please "whitelist" the Officers EXE so that it is ignored when scanning for viruses. Otherwise you will have to click to ignore the Officers.exe every time you scan for viruses (for those of you who "auto-fix" any threats you will lose your Officers.EXE every time).

Anyone needing help whitelisting their Officers.EXE please don't hesitate to post here and we'll try to help you out. Be sure to specify which anti virus software you have.

< Message edited by SeanD -- 1/13/2010 8:11:59 PM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Officers Virus Alerts / Missing Officers.EXE Files ... - 1/14/2010 9:23:17 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

We have a new update in the Members Club that should resolve this issue. Please sign in and Register your game, if you haven't already, and download the file called OfficersME-AntiVirusFix-v1011b.zip.

There are a couple files in the original install with names similar to those associated with a known virus. This update changes the names of those files and replaces the exe with one that references the new names. If you use this update, please take the Officers.exe off your 'white lists' to test this. This is a Beta, so please give us feedback on how it works for you.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Officers Virus Alerts / Missing Officers.EXE Files ... - 7/13/2020 6:56:53 PM   
gusarovwork

thanks

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Officers - The Matrix Edition >> Tech Support >> Officers Virus Alerts / Missing Officers.EXE Files - READ THIS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI