Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit/Formation Logistics Need Assessment?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Unit/Formation Logistics Need Assessment? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit/Formation Logistics Need Assessment? - 7/15/2020 8:54:50 PM   
SeattleKCD

Short of looking at logistics requirements of each item in a unit/formation and summing it up, is there an easier way to get an assessment of min/normal/max supply needs for a unit/formation?

If you think you have a good logistics network for you infantry formations, you will get a rude awaking the first time you send a fully mechanized formation down that network. By my rough calculation they need 20+ times more logistics.

< Message edited by SeattleKCD -- 7/15/2020 8:59:19 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unit/Formation Logistics Need Assessment? - 7/15/2020 9:15:33 PM   
Twotribes

LOL I agree. Though I try to make sure any line I am sending mech down has at least a level 2 truck stop at every point. I did screw up and send one to a new city took me about 10 turns to fix the line lost a few troops to that. As for where to look I can't help you on that. Still learning everything. I am currently playing on easy and Robinson Curiso so no major opponents.

(in reply to SeattleKCD)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit/Formation Logistics Need Assessment? - 7/15/2020 9:39:19 PM   
Jdane

Fuel feels weird to me.

According to the manual, it is moved by pipes and has no so called « weight », which in my understanding would mean it cost 0 Logistics Points to move around. It must be true only when it's moving between zones and SHQ.

Actually, it seems fuel as supply for units has a weight, maybe of 1, I can't remember the numbers from the top of my head. As if it was put into jerrycans to be moved by the units' organic logistics.
Fuel having a significant weight is according to me the only explication as to why a mechanized formation rush can cripple your logistics so easily. (By formation, I mean a six units rush, guzzling dozens units of fuel each, so that's at least one hundred, maybe two hundred fuel units, and that's assuming lightly armored APCs.)

< Message edited by Jdane -- 7/15/2020 9:41:00 PM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit/Formation Logistics Need Assessment? - 7/16/2020 3:18:08 AM   
SeattleKCD

I feel like rail networks are an absolute must once you start going mechanized. Fuel definitely is not free on the logistics networks, at least at the ends not between cities.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Unit/Formation Logistics Need Assessment? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI