Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map Scouting?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Map Scouting? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map Scouting? - 7/12/2020 8:51:40 PM   
SeattleKCD

If you are playing with full fog of war, is there a way to get surrounding area map information other than moving your units there?
Post #: 1
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/12/2020 9:11:05 PM   
Jdane

Spies. Everywhere.
Spy on your immediate neighbors enough than you can then send spies to their neighbors, and over time you will map the entire planet.

(in reply to SeattleKCD)
Post #: 2
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/12/2020 9:29:31 PM   
SeattleKCD

I have tried sending spies with this hope in mind, but have never seen any return from them. I guess I need to send more than I have been. I will try that.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 3
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/12/2020 10:02:37 PM   
Jdane

Yes, you need more than a couple to get sight of the neighbors.
It's hard in the beginning, but once you've got a secret intelligence council running with a competent director, the ball really gets rolling.

(in reply to SeattleKCD)
Post #: 4
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/12/2020 10:31:27 PM   
Twotribes

Depends you need 3 to 4 spies to get much information. Depending on difficulty sending one spy can get you two by crit success. Just depends on your difficulty. In those cases I send single spies till I have at least 4 there. Since I generally get a lot of single spy cards.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 5
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/13/2020 1:48:41 AM   
eddieballgame

Spies, spies, & more spies.
The more you send out, the better your intel (vision).
Not sure of the max required per regimes/zones for complete vision.
No reason not to use them (?) unless you are short of 'PPs'.

< Message edited by eddieballgame -- 7/13/2020 1:50:11 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 6
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/14/2020 10:41:14 AM   
Raagun

On next game I plan to get secret service early for this sole purpose. You can send spies to NON ALIGNED territory. It is still separated into zones tho. So 2-3 spies per zone scouts it and even shows non aligned unit positions. This was game changer. With good leader in secret service council (which I had) you can scout whole world in few turns (depends on size). Not even considering benefit of spying on enemy troop movements.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 7
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/14/2020 2:50:54 PM   
Sieppo

Spying: I always play on full fog. Put the person with the most spec ops in charge and then if available, put a person with next highest skill as an advisor. If you have a better advisor candidate for another position, you get more advisor positions later on. I have had up to three so far, always use and attach them. It can make a huge difference on spying success (and helps with everything else as well. The manual is very straight on with this, read it). I've had terrible candidates that resulted 2/3 of rolls not succeeding or more and vice versa. With critical successes you get double the amount of spies which makes the world visible for you very quickly.

< Message edited by Sieppo -- 7/14/2020 2:51:49 PM >

(in reply to Raagun)
Post #: 8
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/16/2020 12:30:49 PM   
wodin

I never play full fog as I find it strange that you know nothing about the lands you've grown up in and whose ancestors have lived yet you have no clue about the planet. If you'd just landed on a planet I get it, but not in this circumstance.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 9
RE: Map Scouting? - 7/16/2020 6:22:52 PM   
SeattleKCD

Depends on how far back civilization fell, and how extensive if any trade/information networks are.

One nice feature is how much you can customize the starting conditions for the world you want to play in.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Map Scouting? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI