Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird sequence of events involving slavers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Weird sequence of events involving slavers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird sequence of events involving slavers - 7/16/2020 11:14:42 PM   
Beorn

1. They made contact and tried to blackmail me. I said no.
2. I lined our border with troops in anticipation of trouble.
3. I got a message that they crossed the border and were raiding for slaves. (No they didn't, the border was sealed.)
4. I chose the response declare war.
5. I got a message that they already lowered the population by 3100. (The original text seemed to assume that they had already gotten across and it would take time to react, but this was not true.)
6. I went to attack a unit, and got the warning message -- Did I mean to declare war.

While I disagree with #3 and #5, I suppose they could be justified as having gotten around my troops. That's pushing it, unless there is some kind of skill check. But okay. However, it feels like something is wrong if you choose "declare war" as your event response, but then war is apparently not really declared in the game until you attack with a unit.
Post #: 1
RE: Weird sequence of events involving slavers - 7/17/2020 1:15:07 AM   
Tssha

Contact that region's governor and see if there's a slaver in your territory. It will show up underneath the other buttons. After spending a few political points, you'll then get an event to resolve it. I can't remember the requirements, but if you succeed, you'll halt the loss of pop and even free some captives to join your city.

(in reply to Beorn)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird sequence of events involving slavers - 7/17/2020 9:54:25 AM   
Jdane

I think the slaver in town events are a different thing than what Beorn is talking about, which is more about diplomatic decisions pertaining to a neighboring slaver regime.

I also think the crossing of the borders and the abductions are an abstraction, just like your OHQ commander can get killed in action in a combat thousands of kilometers aways from the capital city.

But I wholly agree taking a decision to declare war should have the diplomatic status updated and not require the player to declare war when attacking a unit. This is a point that should be made in the Suggestions and Feedback sub forum, just to make sure Vic can better see it.

(in reply to Tssha)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Weird sequence of events involving slavers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI