Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Est. Release Date

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Est. Release Date Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Est. Release Date - 7/29/2003 7:02:30 PM   
Orion292

I was wondering it there was even an estimated release date in mind for EIA???:confused:
Post #: 1
Last I saw on this discussion board was... - 7/29/2003 8:21:36 PM   
Le Tondu

Last I saw on this discussion board was that the release is still set for this summer.

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 2
- 7/29/2003 10:17:33 PM   
Supervisor

I get the feeling that when the say summer, that could mean up and including Sept. 21 (when summer officially ends). Or is it the 22nd? Either way.

But like I have said before, I will be very surprised if we see a fully working game before November or even Christmas.

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 3
- 7/29/2003 10:30:27 PM   
ABP

I am also getting the feeling that we have to wait so time yet.
The term "Summer" is wonderfully dubious. A month ot even a target date would be great.
This also make me ask: Is the going to be an European distributor? And if so will release be the same as for US.

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 4
- 7/31/2003 10:51:52 PM   
Supervisor

[QUOTE]We are not holding out, Marshall just not a new baby and moved. So information is going to be slow for a little bit. I will call have and see if we can get things moving a little better in the information area. I will admit its slower then we would like. The game we are hoping to be release by Late October if not it will be Early next year.

Once we talk with the testers and Marshall and I can see what needs to be done we will let you know.

David[/QUOTE]

This is from David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games.

I just wanted to put this on this thread also to give more people a chance to read it. Personally, I have lost hope on this project becoming a reality. Maybe I got a little too hyped a little too early.

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 5
- 8/1/2003 1:06:12 AM   
Le Tondu

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ryta1203
[B]............ Personally, I have lost hope on this project becoming a reality. Maybe I got a little too hyped a little too early. [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe my friend. Still, I have a feeling that it would be advantageous to hang in there. I will.

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 6
- 8/1/2003 2:29:59 AM   
Capitaine

I wonder how long some here have followed the development of computer wargames? The game will be ready when it is time for it to be ready. Matrix is working on it and, as has been the key to any successful game (Blizzard, among other companies established this position), it will be released when it is an excellent and finished product.

Arbitrary release dates adhered to rigidly are a recipe for disaster. Haven't we seen enough of those over the past several years?

David, Marshall, keep up the good work and let us know periodically how it's coming. I can wait for the best game you can deliver; not a rush job just to put something on the market.

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 7
- 8/1/2003 3:00:05 AM   
carnifex

if anyone wants to start a pool on the release date, please pencil me in for the second week of February, 2004.

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 8
- 8/1/2003 4:39:53 AM   
Supervisor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Capitaine
[B]I wonder how long some here have followed the development of computer wargames? The game will be ready when it is time for it to be ready. Matrix is working on it and, as has been the key to any successful game (Blizzard, among other companies established this position), it will be released when it is an excellent and finished product.

Arbitrary release dates adhered to rigidly are a recipe for disaster. Haven't we seen enough of those over the past several years?

David, Marshall, keep up the good work and let us know periodically how it's coming. I can wait for the best game you can deliver; not a rush job just to put something on the market. [/B][/QUOTE]

The difference being that blizzard churns good games out on a regular basis, which is probably why they are so successful.

I certainly do not want a rush delivery of a crappy game. I don't think that is what anyone is saying.

Out of curiousity, why do you think you are they only guy who has played war games? You are so arrogant it's funny/annoying.

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 9
- 8/1/2003 5:05:37 AM   
Capitaine

Why do you always pick fights with me, ryta? That is what amuses me.

FWIW, I don't think I'm the only one who plays wargames, but I HAVE been heavily involved in their development process via online forums and otherwise for years. Nearly every responsible commentating gamer has eschewed the notion of rushing for release and complaining about [small or reasonable] delays.

Presenting a level head isn't "arrogant". Presuming to tell a fine PC wargame company when it should release product, how it should test product, etc., is arrogant IMO. Some opinions expressed on this forum -- not the others on Matrix's board -- astound me. Do you actually know how long I've personally awaited "Korsun Pocket"? Do you know when I first knew of it and who told me? Well it was long before it was a Matrix product, that's for sure. Does "CompuServe" mean anything to you, b/c that was going strong when KP was first floated?

Anyway, you're going to say and do whatever you want, but I think it's unfair to Matrix to issue some of the comments and demands some have made about this particular title or its handling.

Oh, and no, Blizzard's products are very, very few and far between. Quality over quantity, even when their graphics become dated, wins out and they concentrate on the best "game". I love cutting edge graphics, but in wargaming, you use maps pretty much so there's not too much further one can go in making a gorgeous map wargame.

ryta, let's make a deal: You don't address me, and I won't address you, how about it? :cool:

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 10
- 8/1/2003 12:52:25 PM   
Supervisor

It's not so much that I am trying to pick a "fight" with you, so much as it is (or as it seems) we have varying opinions. So I will agree with you that our opinions are different and they are just that, opinions.

I, nor anyone else, is trying to tell Matrix Games what or how to do things. All we are saying is where are the updates? We are just saying that lately there haven't been a lot of updates. I was BBSing before CompuServe was a company. Commodore 64, 1581, 1541, 300 Baud (later moved to 1200, when that was the shiznit). Airborne Ranger really kicked butt on that machine, the one game I miss. Oh, how far computers have come. LOL. For the people who don't know, the 64 stands for 64k, that's right, lol, the 1581 was fairly new (3 1/2 inch floppy drive), the 1541 - 5 1/4 (remember those?). This is back when 20 meg hard drives actually cost money. LOL.

Anyways, not trying to pick a fight, just different opinions. :)

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 11
Release Dates - 8/2/2003 5:40:13 AM   
billpete

The idea of a release date is a good one for the most part. And updates on the project are also good. When I dont get an update it means that alot of work must be going on somewhere and this is good!

The bad thing is to hear:

"Sorry folks but we cant finish this one as our main programmer just quit and ate the code for breakfast."

The 1815 game comes to mind of a game that had a fine concept but was really buggy.

It never bothers me to have a product take 2-3 years before it sees the streets. I prefer a product that is solid from the git go.

I for one will continue playing my other 80 plus board/computer games and when EiA comes out will happily add it to my collection. If it doesnt make it out I will not lose sleep over it. There are so many games to play as it is that new ones are really encroaching on alot of our schedules.

On the other hand I cant wait to play France, Engand or Russia in a game of EiA for the 'puter!

Hoping that the game comes out when it is ready.:)

(had to add this in)

And now for some humorous comments on games that are late for release by those of us waiting for them:

1. "Honey, I just cant concentrate on driving today. Would you mind driving for us?" "Hank, you know I hate driving through blizzards!"

2. "William, get your mind on the Algebra assignment!" "Maam, without EiA I am just one Irational Number in your rollbook!"

3. "Boss, I cant make it in today. You see I have been waiting for this computer game to come out and I know I just couldnt be effective on the team today!" "So Harvey, what is so different about today than most?"

Regards,<br />Bill Peters<br />Eckmuhl Campaign Scenario Designer

(in reply to Orion292)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Est. Release Date Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI