Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What game are you playing now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What game are you playing now? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/16/2020 3:34:14 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Matrix World In Flames.

I'm shocked. Absolutely shocked.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 31
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/16/2020 3:49:16 PM   
Orm

Zorch. Isn't it time for you to widen your horizon and begin playing the greatest Grand Strategy game of them all, MWIF.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 32
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/16/2020 5:43:46 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Life. And I'm not doing very good at it. I lost the bloody manual :)

I'm likely going to go and play some Steel Panthers. It's my go to game.

You have a wonderful wit!

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 33
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/16/2020 5:45:53 PM   
LarryP

quote:

Zorch. Isn't it time for you to widen your horizon and begin playing the greatest Grand Strategy game of them all, MWIF.

I sure wish I could play against the AI. Just read a post in the forum that it won't even be ready by 2022. I don't care to play both sides. Too easy to know what the other side is planning...

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 34
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/16/2020 5:53:25 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

I sure wish I could play against the AI. Just read a post in the forum that it won't even be ready by 2022. I don't care to play both sides. Too easy to know what the other side is planning...

I mostly play it by email. I currently have 4 email games going. One 6-player game, two 5-playes games, and one 4 player game.

The game itself doesn't support play by email but it is easy enough to get around by mailing saves.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 35
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/16/2020 6:32:12 PM   
Zorch

quote:

I enjoy following your games. That's enough for now.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 36
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/16/2020 6:46:49 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

I enjoy following your games. That's enough for now.

Fair enough.

I've settled with just following some of the action in War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 37
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/16/2020 10:12:13 PM   
RFalvo69

I just finished a run at Crusader Kings II (with all expansions installed) from 769 to 1452. This time I started as one of the many Norse warlords, founded the Empire of Scandinavia and then I had to defend it from assault after assault of those Catholic heathens - with France that never formed and Hispania and Germany joined in an unholy alliance. I could only counteract with Vikings raids which procured me the gold I used to pay tons of mercenaries. Very tense stuff (the last 150 years were an uninterrupted sequel of crusades, raids and revolts). Next time I'll join The Followers of Hel secret society, just out of spite. According to Steam's records it took me 95+ hours to complete the campaign.

Now I guess I'll play either European Truck Simulator II or the American counterpart. Why these games are so involving, I can't say. However, one of the best (and underrated) games for Intellivision was Truckin', so maybe there is something to the theme...

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 38
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/17/2020 5:50:42 PM   
LarryP

Chess.com.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 39
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/21/2020 2:26:01 AM   
Eambar

Just finished my first ever (having owned all versions from I to IV) full playthrough of Europa Universalis , specically IV and as Castile/Spain.

Also planning a massive ToT strike against North Korea in Command:Modern Operations and the "North Korea Missile Crisis" DLC.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 40
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/21/2020 10:15:57 AM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doggie3

Just finished my first ever (having owned all versions from I to IV) full playthrough of Europa Universalis , specically IV and as Castile/Spain.

After CK II, I too wanted to play EU IV with the new Emperor expansion, but the "Big nations are always bankrupt" bug kills the game. How it was not catched during beta-testing is inexplicable.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Eambar)
Post #: 41
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/21/2020 11:57:32 AM   
nicwb

For me an odd selection -Armoured Commander II; Command Ops 2; Phantom Doctorine; BSG deadlock and Hardspace Shipbreaker

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 42
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/21/2020 11:45:12 PM   
Eambar

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doggie3

After CK II, I too wanted to play EU IV with the new Emperor expansion, but the "Big nations are always bankrupt" bug kills the game. How it was not catched during beta-testing is inexplicable.

I finished my playthrough the day the Emperor expansion came out - actually had to roll back my Steam version to play the final 10 years. And yes, it is strange that bugs like that are not caught in testing.

< Message edited by Doggie3 -- 7/21/2020 11:48:42 PM >

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 43
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/21/2020 11:58:53 PM   
Eambar

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicwb

For me an odd selection -Armoured Commander II; Command Ops 2; Phantom Doctorine; BSG deadlock and Hardspace Shipbreaker

Which Command Ops 2 scenarios(s)? I had a go at some of the Foothills of the Gods scenarios recently and found them really challenging and enjoyable. I had unintentionally avoided them, concentrating on Market Garden and the Bulge (and a Kursk mod for Command Ops 1 that is still one of my favourite scenarios ever). If you haven't played one of them, highly recommended.

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 44
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/22/2020 2:06:13 AM   
Titanwarrior89

War and Peace 2nd version(Board Game).

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 45
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/22/2020 8:51:33 AM   
amylovesgames

I got back to gwent - there have been so many changes since the update, I can't keep up. It's been a few months since the game came out on android and I'm still playing with the one card deck Nothern Realms, others don't spark joy to me. anyone playing that?

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 46
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/22/2020 10:58:35 AM   
nicwb

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicwb

Which Command Ops 2 scenarios(s)? I had a go at some of the Foothills of the Gods scenarios recently and found them really challenging and enjoyable. I had unintentionally avoided them, concentrating on Market Garden and the Bulge (and a Kursk mod for Command Ops 1 that is still one of my favourite scenarios ever). If you haven't played one of them, highly recommended.

Hi Doggie3.

Yes Command ops 1 & 2 are personal favourites - I've got all the current modules. I'm currently playing one of the scenarios regarding the fall of Maleme Airfield during the battle for Crete. Its in the Cauldron module. I've played it before by was re-inspired to give it another go after watching one of the historical accounts on youtube - Ace Destroyer's very brief video called "the battle of 42 Street" -its about a rather obscure bayonet charge conducted by Australian and NZ soldiers during the fighting on Crete.

I've played a number of the Foothills of the Gods scenarios -enjoyable and not really covered at the operational level in games. The only mod game I've got is one done for Command Ops1 for Stalingrad -it was quite brutal.

(in reply to amylovesgames)
Post #: 47
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/23/2020 8:55:24 PM   
USSAmerica

Very little gaming for me lately, as I've been doing a ton of cycling. I currently have a game of Distant Worlds: Universe in progress that I spend several hours with every now and then.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 48
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/23/2020 10:57:31 PM   
Will_L

Field of Glory Empires, WITPAE, OOTP 21, Conan Exiles.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 49
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/24/2020 12:36:50 AM   
*Lava*

Haven't been playing anything really.

Looking forward to Grand Tactician, possibly to the Starship Troopers game by Slitherine and Cyberpunk 2077.

In the meanwhile I have been painting 10mm Pendraken FPW French.

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 50
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/24/2020 3:29:10 PM   
sol_invictus

I am playing Pike and Shot and Tiller's The Seven Year's War as pbem and also playing solo the old classic W@W games; Operation Crusader, Stalingrad, and D-Day: America Invades. Was able to get the sound to work for America Invades last night! Such great games! My usual pbem adversary and I are going to try to get an email game going with Operation Crusader in the near future.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 51
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/24/2020 4:06:51 PM   
GaryChildress

Currently playing Rule the Waves 2.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 52
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/24/2020 7:02:49 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaryChildress

Currently playing Rule the Waves 2.

I've been playing that too. Tough game to figure out for me. I wish it had tooltips.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 53
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/27/2020 7:30:48 AM   
elzazwart

Hi! I recently bought Sony's Ghost of Tsushima and I'm still in awe of it
The action takes place on the real island of Tsushima, which is located in the strait between the island of Kyushu in the southern Japanese archipelago and Korea. As a time frame, Sucker Punch chose a non-standardized and very unexplored time - 1274, the time of the Mongolian invasion of Japan. Everything is very beautiful, epic and bloody. I'm glad. And I recommend this game to everyone! Assassin's Creed fans will especially love it.

< Message edited by elzazwart -- 7/27/2020 7:37:13 AM >

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 54
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/27/2020 1:53:07 PM   
coachi

Larry and Gary what do you think of rule the waves 2 - seemed a little hard and no tips

(in reply to elzazwart)
Post #: 55
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/27/2020 3:11:47 PM   
gekkoguy35

Been playing A variety of things. Dabbling in Command, Shadow Empire, civ, Red Dead Redemption 2, and American Truck simulator lately. But mostly have played Ghost of Tsushima of late. Elzazwart is quite correct, it's really good if you're in to those open world types of games. Portraying a samurai in that time period really makes me want to find some good Japanese strategy games. But then I went and picked up Brother Against Brother since it had that deep discount. Have had my eye on that one a while, so I'm excited to try it out at some point.

< Message edited by gekkoguy35 -- 7/27/2020 3:17:17 PM >

(in reply to coachi)
Post #: 56
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/27/2020 5:44:36 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: coachi

Larry and Gary what do you think of rule the waves 2 - seemed a little hard and no tips

It's very rewarding when something you did turns out in your favor, because it's such a complicated game. There are several great YouTube videos for RTW2, but they are long. It's a time consuming game if you want to do things right. Not a huge game though. Here is one of many good learning links: Learning Aircraft

Inside the game directory is a Manual directory with two PDF manuals. That is also an excellent learning aid.

For me, the videos on YouTube give the best help. The forums have about everything discussed you could think of. It's a very different game and tooltips would make it SO much better. It's not a game I can play all the time, but a great fill in game.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 7/27/2020 9:16:06 PM >

(in reply to coachi)
Post #: 57
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/27/2020 5:58:29 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

warspite1

That got my interest. Checked it out on You Tube and they showed the old version which I used to own. Happy memories

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 58
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/27/2020 7:46:03 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

warspite1

That got my interest. Checked it out on You Tube and they showed the old version which I used to own. Happy memories

War and Peace? Is that a game about a married couple?

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 59
RE: What game are you playing now? - 7/29/2020 9:59:23 AM   
amylovesgames

I heard it's more like The Witcher III in game mechanics, why do you think it's similar to Assassins Creed? And do you mean those like AC: Origins/Odyssey or more like the old ones?

(in reply to elzazwart)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What game are you playing now? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI