Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about panning around the map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Question about panning around the map Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about panning around the map - 7/21/2020 3:47:03 AM   
kmunoz

What is the best way to pan around a map? I've tried using the Jump Map but since a mouse click sets the upper left corner of the box, it's hard to use the Jump Map to get to the left side of the map (since you only have about a pixel or two of play for the mouse click). I've also used the arrow keys, but after a few presses I get the Windows beep telling me that I've hit the button too many times (I'm not holding it down, just tapping it four or five times).

Is there a better way?
Post #: 1
RE: Question about panning around the map - 7/21/2020 8:01:44 AM   
Paullus

I use the mouse when I pan around. Moving the curser to the end of the map scrolls the map.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to kmunoz)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about panning around the map - 7/21/2020 2:20:42 PM   
kmunoz

Hm... I can't get mine to do that. I have to run the game in a window because going full screen creates a lot of input lag, and moving the mouse to the edges of the window or beyond doesn't pan the screen at all.

Correction: I can get the map to pan up (mouse at the top of the screen, past the window) or left (mouse at the left of the screen, past the window) but right and down don't seem to work.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about panning around the map - 7/22/2020 7:37:56 AM   
Paullus

Try clicking on the map and then move the mouse or perhaps if the mouse movement doesen't work try the arrow keys. Should work fine.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to kmunoz)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about panning around the map - 7/22/2020 2:11:13 PM   
kmunoz

The arrow keys is what brought me to ask the question. When I use the arrow keys, after a few keypresses I get the Windows alert beep every time I press the key again. For some reason the game is reporting that the key buffer has overflowed.

Click-drag with the mouse has no effect.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Question about panning around the map Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI