Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Last Stand Scenario (No Spoilers)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Last Stand Scenario (No Spoilers) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Last Stand Scenario (No Spoilers) - 8/2/2003 10:38:21 AM   
Tbone3336

Just in the 3rd turn of the last stand scenario as the Russians, and there are a whole lot of options (Strategies) that I can see being employed that I forsee alot of replay value. Seems like alot of opportunity to as both sides to try different approaches with more flexibilty in different objectives that one can take to win (ie, it seems that there are more objectives available so we may not be restricted in one axis of advance or defense. While in TAO many scenarios came down to taking certain objectives this first one I am playing seems like there are at least 3 different strategies one could take to win as the germans. Now I am sure after we play through more a single strategy or tactic will become evident that is more sound than others, but it will be fun exploring that.

I would really like an objective overview to cycle through each victory location on one screen instead of on the map, but again I may be missing this. Sorry for the rambling post, just enjoying the game so far.

We aim to please, unless there is a clear headshot.
Post #: 1
- 8/2/2003 3:13:09 PM   
Rob Gjessing

I like the idea of an objective cycle through button also.. too many features not enough buttons/room on the control panel :)

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 2
- 8/2/2003 8:36:27 PM   
e_barkmann

I too would like to see this feature added added at some stage in the future. This discussion item was raised some months ago during development and it was felt it would be better to concentrate on core game issues. The Combat Advisor feature was added in fairly late in development, for instance (which is one heck of a handy little bit of code to have imho!).

You can get a general (albeit simplistic) feel for what objectives to go for and ones to avoid by looking at the flags next to the objectives.

Perhaps someone would like to put up their hand to tabulate the data and make it available for download?

Cheers Chris

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 3
- 8/3/2003 1:32:34 AM   
Tbone3336

Good Idea Chris, I am starting one in Excel (if another program is better for this to maybe convert to web information please let me know). I do not know how to get it on a website however, I could make it for download I guess. Once I have it completed I will let you guys know and see if you guys can do something with it on Watch or here.

We aim to please, unless there is a clear headshot.

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 4
- 8/3/2003 5:59:13 AM   
Rob Gjessing

Tbone, when you have completed it throw it at Chris or Me, we would be very happy to make it available on [URL=http://www.wargamer.com/wachtamrhein/]http://www.wargamer.com/wachtamrhein/[/URL]

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 5
- 8/3/2003 7:00:26 AM   
Fred98

Uncommon Valour has a greqat feature. The information screens have columns of information.

Each column can be sorted by clicking on the name of the column.

I envisage a victory sceen similair to that in TAO2.

Except each turn has one column. Somthing like this

Town name........Turn1.................Turn2................Turn 3
Bastogne............3 pts..................3 pts................8 pts
Manhay...............2 pts..................6 pts................6 pts

And there needs to be one screen for each side.

By clicking on the name of the column you would sort it by that column. Then you can see which towns accrue the most points in the next handfull of turns.

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 6
- 8/5/2003 12:45:10 AM   
Spaceman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tbone3336
[B]Good Idea Chris, I am starting one in Excel (if another program is better for this to maybe convert to web information please let me know). I do not know how to get it on a website however, I could make it for download I guess. Once I have it completed I will let you guys know and see if you guys can do something with it on Watch or here. [/B][/QUOTE]

'sup TBone and crew

At last I provide a useful input - maybe

When you've made your nice Excel file go into the 'Save As' Dialogue and you get an option 'Save as Web Page'. This does the HTML conversion for you. Now, it will be MS-biased, but it works (just like you can write html using Word if you are that way inclined). However this might not work in older version of MS* - depending if you have that converter installed when you installed Win*.

Otherwise CHris and Rob can sort you out, I am sure.

I finally ordered the game (minor financial crisis over), so I am perhaps at T-2 weeks (hoping the European version will go off on time!!!)

THen - look out!

Space§man

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 7
- 8/5/2003 6:47:08 AM   
Rob Gjessing

I have spoken to SSG - Roger is doing a data dump for me. I will then post it on the [URL=http://www.wargamer.com/wachtamrhein/]Watch am Rhein[/URL] website for download. Should have it available in a day or two.

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 8
- 8/5/2003 7:27:43 AM   
Fred98

Might be an idea to start by saving the file s as Excel 97.

Then everybody can read the file.

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 9
- 8/5/2003 1:22:25 PM   
Rob Gjessing

I will port it into Excel (gosh you arent saying Excel is the spreadsheet standard are you? Do you have Microsoft in your country too? :)) for everyone, or at the every least have it as CSV or something.

I think Roger is also doing a dump of Unit info too for us :) That could be handy..

(in reply to Tbone3336)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Last Stand Scenario (No Spoilers) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI