Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is co-op play possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Is co-op play possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is co-op play possible? - 7/29/2020 4:41:51 PM   
Braedonnal

As the title says. A friend was asking me and I don't think it is but I figured I'd ask the experts. I think he was wanted to do a little Imperial Germany and me as A-H.
Post #: 1
RE: Is co-op play possible? - 7/29/2020 4:53:31 PM   
MVP7

If you don't mind waiting and watching as your friend plays the turn and vice versa (simultaneously playing the turn won't be possible anyways) you could play Single Player on Steam and use 'Remote Play Together' feature which the game seems to support.

In practice that means the other player would see the hosting player's screen and both could use mouse and keyboard in turn to do their thing.

(in reply to Braedonnal)
Post #: 2
RE: Is co-op play possible? - 7/29/2020 6:06:58 PM   
gwgardner

Can be done, by one player saving instead of 'ending turn.' Both players would have to use the same PBEM++ account.

(in reply to MVP7)
Post #: 3
RE: Is co-op play possible? - 7/29/2020 6:20:30 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Braedonnal,

Currently Hotseat mode allows for co-op mode where more than one player can play a single side against other players playing the other side. There will be a replay for each set of moves for players to review and the only requirement is for players to save the turn after their moves and email the turn to their partners. Once a full side has completed their moves, hitting end turn will switch it over to your opponents and the saved turn must then be sent to them as well.

Alternatively, 1v1 play is possible through the PBEM++ server and no files need to be sent back and forth as the server handles all of this automatically and updates you via email when your next playable turn is ready.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 4
RE: Is co-op play possible? - 7/29/2020 8:10:33 PM   
Braedonnal

Thanks for all the responses. Very appreciative of that!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Is co-op play possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI