Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Capturing hexes without declaring war!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Capturing hexes without declaring war! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/25/2020 9:33:21 PM   
Franky007

How is that possible that an enemy regime can capture an hex right next to my city, with assets, without having to declare war ?

Furthermore, i have to declare war to retake the hex !

That make no sense !

Could this be changed ?
Post #: 1
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/25/2020 10:07:15 PM   
eddieballgame

More on this here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4856714

(in reply to Franky007)
Post #: 2
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/25/2020 11:53:12 PM   
zgrssd

Major regimes automatically respect each others borders.
Minor and Major only respect each others after a peace deal.

Of course, actually attacking a hex with a enemy unit inside is a war declaration either way (unless you did not see the enemy. Then you take a ambush but do not declare war).

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 3
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/25/2020 11:57:45 PM   
Twotribes

Humm I wasn't aware they could take them with built assets in them but I did know that villages and perks could be taken. What I do is try and get as much as I can in spying to see them and as much as possible in minor diplomatic Also to get the cards that stabilize borders of those minors I am not planning on attacking right away. Also I leave several militia in all my cities. and I start with Armies so I usually have them or some of them in and around my city. I never let anyone gget with in 2 hexes of a city because that causes population Fear or unrest forget which one, even an empty hex not owned by you 2 hexes or less by a city does that.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 4
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/26/2020 12:48:42 AM   
Franky007

The hex (Teaslet) was taken by a major regime (Friedland) that is not know by me !

< Message edited by Francoy -- 7/26/2020 12:58:49 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/26/2020 1:34:13 AM   
gmsitton

You also have to watch for Free Folk or fauna taking possession of your territory which then is up for grabs by anyone else.

(in reply to Franky007)
Post #: 6
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/28/2020 7:38:38 PM   
Franky007

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmsitton

You also have to watch for Free Folk or fauna taking possession of your territory which then is up for grabs by anyone else.

So the Free Folk and the fauna should play last in turn order to prevent this from happening.

(in reply to gmsitton)
Post #: 7
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/28/2020 10:04:02 PM   
lloydster4

Looks like you're going to war

(in reply to Franky007)
Post #: 8
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/29/2020 12:05:48 AM   
ch53A/Dvet_slith

It would be nice if we had the same "What are your intentions, neighbor?" communication dialog the AI asks of us prior to sealing their borders off

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 9
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/29/2020 11:35:58 AM   
jimkehn

Sorry my friends but this is a game breaker for me. This last turn a minor next to me, without declaring war penetrated deep (five hexes) and captured territory including 4 road hexes which lie SIX hexes deep into my territory. Capturing them with ZOC alone. This threw my whole northern army group out of supply. All of this without a Declaration of war. I love this game, its premise, its replayability, but this is not right. Taking neutral or unsettled territory is fine but when land is clearly inside my borders, a minor nation should NOT be able to just walk in and claim another nation's territory without being at war. The most insidious thing about this is that the next turn I am still not at war. I don't know about you, but as much as I love this game, I consider it broken and will go back to Endless Legends lol, until it is changed. Otherwise it could be a fun fun game.

(in reply to ch53A/Dvet_slith)
Post #: 10
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/29/2020 2:14:52 PM   
AntoneT

Early in the game, you don't really have borders. It's just territory you control. They can take over territory from you, just like you can take it from them. You need to have units spread out along the edges or your territory to prevent incursions like this. It's not broken, but the concept is a bit different and takes a different approach to deal with than you are used to.

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 11
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/29/2020 4:23:42 PM   
lloydster4

I can understand people lashing out in frustration when they take an unexpected beating. I've been there many times.

But why does it bother people that they have to declare war in order to strike back? Declaring war is usually free and instantaneous.

(in reply to AntoneT)
Post #: 12
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/29/2020 10:05:32 PM   
jimkehn

Doesn't it cost in terms of loyalty or happiness? But still the point is.....I CANT cross their border!!! Yes earlier in the game I COULD go into other areas and gobble up some territory but now for me to enter in even THAT nation (Holobridge or something)I have to declare war. Yes I can declare war and take it back but it seems to me that if when he moves into my territory since we are not at war, he has no ZOC's to move to, no enemy territory to slug through so he can move deep into my interior and take LOTS of hexes at basically no peril to him, all the while capturing road hexes that supply the rest of my army. My complaint is that if I cant do this then neither should they.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 13
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/30/2020 3:18:29 AM   
Daza99

I've had this happen to me a couple of times too. First time a minor regime went and took a small village that i had a mining setup. I couldn't do anything about it, so i surrounded the hex completely and within a few turns I got it back. Cannot recall if they left or simply surrendered.

More recent play, my 4th game and longest run so far 70 something turns. After managing to have a minor regime join me their neighbors walked in a took a city and cut off my main road. I moved all forces in the area to adjacent to them and after a few turns they retreated from some hexes including a city.

But yeah i too think that this type of behavior is a bit weird. Sure we can have troops along borders to prevent this, but that is using a lot of forces if you have a large zone. There should be consequences for the Ai, it should be an act of war automatically if they do. And possibly need more AP to move in my borders (if they don't already).

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 14
RE: Capturing hexes without declaring war! - 7/30/2020 2:52:47 PM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daza99
But yeah i too think that this type of behavior is a bit weird.

No, this why you need diplomacy and make peace deals.

Or do you seriously expect paying no respect to minor's borders while they will not invade into yours?

< Message edited by demiare -- 7/30/2020 2:53:05 PM >

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Capturing hexes without declaring war! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI