Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Fixed] Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Fixed] Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limi... - 7/31/2020 4:27:10 PM   
stww2

In patrol missions, there is an option to limit the number of flights that will engage a hostile contact. However, units assigned to these missions do not seem to obey these limitations, and instead all flights attempt to engage the hostile contact.

Attached below is a save exhibiting this issue. The scenario is Northern Fury 11: Changing of the Guard and the build is the current Steam build of CMO as of 31 July 2020. If you look in the bottom left of the AO, there is a hostile subsurface contact within the prosecution zone of an ASW patrol mission. Although the setting for that patrol mission is for 2x flights to engage a hostile contact, all three SH-2 Seasprites assigned to the mission are moving to engage the target.

Anecdotally, I have observed similar problems with AAW patrols in Caribbean Fury 1, and if I remember correctly the problem also came up in Kushan's recent stream of Act of War.

Hope this helps and have a nice weekend!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by apache85 -- 8/1/2020 12:12:13 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations - 7/31/2020 4:31:14 PM   
michaelm75au

Which build version are you using?

Michael

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations - 7/31/2020 4:40:32 PM   
stww2

Build 1147.4

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations - 7/31/2020 6:31:11 PM   
LMychajluk

I posted a similar issue about a week ago, but with subs on a Sea Control Patrol. Just wanted to point it out in case it may be related (using the same subroutine for assigning the units to to the targets?).
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4857427

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations - 7/31/2020 9:33:06 PM   
UncertainlyCertain

I can confirm LMychajluk's and stww2's words, I also have stumbled across this issue, tough in build 1147.7: units on patrol (AAW and ASW, and I believe any patrol, have to test more) ignore "Number of a/c that investigate unknown contacts" and "Number of a/c that engage hostile contacts".

By the way do you also have an issue of non shooters not "cranking/dragging" together with the shooter i.e. the unit that "takes the shot" goes into "cranking" while the lead/wingman keeps charging ahead? Even if "wingmen can investigate/engage separate contacts" is set to "no" (0 nm)?

< Message edited by UncertainlyCertain -- 7/31/2020 9:35:01 PM >

(in reply to LMychajluk)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations - 7/31/2020 10:28:43 PM   
michaelm75au

I checked this in my current beta build, and it was fixed a couple of weeks ago. But it hasn't been released into the public build yet.
So it will probably be in the next build.

Michael

(in reply to UncertainlyCertain)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations - 8/1/2020 10:12:24 AM   
stww2

Glad to hear it! Thanks!

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] Aircraft Ignoring Flight Number Engagement Limitations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI