Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Common Trivial Mistakes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Common Trivial Mistakes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Common Trivial Mistakes? - 7/28/2020 8:12:20 PM   
JoeLewis

I keep seeing a reference to "reread common trivial mistakes" in some of the guides in the WITE Resource Library collection. Is this an actual document or post somewhere? If not, what are everyone's common trivial mistakes, especially when playing as a beginner?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 7/28/2020 10:32:16 PM   
Telemecus

I thought about this question. And to be honest would probably take a lot of work to make a list. But I thought perhaps as a guide could say what are the common sources of trivial mistakes and can kick off with two

i) Mistakes where the game mechanics are counter intuitive. In WitE1 you are better off putting your best commanders lower down in commands. And higher HQs have no part in the supply chain. This is different from what you expect in real life.

ii) Mistakes because of the UI. A typical example being you cannot fly more than 33% of your air miles on airbase bombing missions - although the AI never says this.

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to JoeLewis)
Post #: 2
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 7/30/2020 3:27:07 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

The item "common trivial mistakes" is something personal to each player, some maybe forget to make air force settings for the enemy turn prior to sending, others forget to place the HQs in range of the units.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 7/30/2020 4:20:29 PM   
joelmar

Forget to repair rails with the FBDs is another good one.

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 4
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 7/30/2020 7:05:00 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Yes. I believe I added this item to the list after I had parked three Infantry divisions with 0MP on a yet-to-repair rail hex on T3. The game in this turn but if it had continued, I would have been angry with myself for the rest of 1941

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 5
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 8/2/2020 6:38:04 PM   
Vifee

Overusing the “assign to nearest HQ” button due to massive laziness. How was I supposed to know LVII panzer HQ was hiding under that infantry division?

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 6
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 8/3/2020 3:56:29 AM   
56ajax

+ 1

and removing an AA unit from a city which cost like a zillion admin points. Stomped on my hat for that one.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to Vifee)
Post #: 7
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 9/6/2020 4:54:47 PM   
tomeck48

I usually try to put the HQ on top of the units I'm taking command of, So only two units per click, The worst thing with this plan is not deselecting the HQ and you've suddenly spent a lot of AP transferring your army to a new front.

(in reply to Vifee)
Post #: 8
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 9/6/2020 6:04:09 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: tomeck48

I usually try to put the HQ on top of the units I'm taking command of, So only two units per click, The worst thing with this plan is not deselecting the HQ and you've suddenly spent a lot of AP transferring your army to a new front.

Also by doing this your are not optimising supply. The distance between HQ and unit is almost free in logistical terms, whereas the distance to HQ from supply costs. So you would be better off maximising HQ to unit distance while still keeping units in HQ range, and move HQs as close as possible to railhead.

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 9
RE: Common Trivial Mistakes? - 9/7/2020 2:03:57 PM   
AlexSF

Or the obvious click and move an entire stack when only one unit was intended. Then realize that you can't undo that move...

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Common Trivial Mistakes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI