Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions regarding unit composition.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Questions regarding unit composition. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions regarding unit composition. - 8/3/2020 3:04:13 PM   
Rednettle

If I have, say, an independent artillery unit and a light tank unit. How can I combine them into one unit? Or combine an infantry unit in one brigade with, say, a machine gun unit in another brigade? Or how can I add a generic light infantry unit that I assume is from overflow(right word?) of a raised formation into another unit? Or should those units just be scrapped back into the recruit pool? Can you add a GR unit into another unit?

How do I create my own formations?
Post #: 1
RE: Questions regarding unit composition. - 8/3/2020 3:37:26 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

As far as I know, there is no explicit way to merge units in the game. If you want to create an unit with a completely freeform troop composition, you can transfer troops from an existing unit (including your SHQ) into a Battlegroup with the 'Transfer/BG' button in the right-side panel, though this comes with some minor penalties, and the last few subunits in a regular unit can't be transferred out. To alter the composition of your standardised formations, you have to discover & operationalize new ones using the Staff Council (and the upgrade existing ones under Unit Admin in the right-side panel). However, you can attach up to 2 independent units to each standardised formation's OHQ under Unit Admin -> Change HQ.

Last time I tried to integrate GR troops into one of my regular units, it appeared they were not compatible with the regular unit's table of organization and equipment, despite being the right general unit type. However, you can transfer them into other GR units and battlegroups.

(in reply to Rednettle)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions regarding unit composition. - 8/3/2020 3:42:42 PM   
Appren

Your formations have room for two independent units to join them. You can add any non-militia to an HQ (afaik). GR units can join.

Use your "Unit admin" menu to select an HQ.

If you want to make your own formation, the easiest is to raise, say, an infantry corps, and then raise two independent units (or use independent units you already have, like GR) of a suitable kind, like maybe add a recon and an artillery, or armor or whatever. You can probably also disband a sub-unit to add yet another type to the HQ, but I never tried that.

Note that you can't add a bigger unit to the HQ, a brigade HQ can't control bigger than batallion sub-units.

(in reply to Rednettle)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions regarding unit composition. - 8/3/2020 3:59:19 PM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine
Last time I tried to integrate GR troops into one of my regular units, it appeared they were not compatible with the regular unit's table of organization and equipment, despite being the right general unit type. However, you can transfer them into other GR units and battlegroups.

You're wrong here. How to integrate GR units into regular:

1) Check that it's possible. I mean - your GR unit is a unit you're capable to build. You can't integrate a heavy tanks if you're unable to make any kind of heavy tank yourself.

2) Disband GR unit. Either wait until it sub-unit will return in SHQ or use "Transfer/BG" button in SHQ hex to do it instantly.

3) Form a new unit, pick option to use SHQ units & allow "Elite" grade units. Or use them to replenish existing one.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Questions regarding unit composition. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI