Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

make it easy to be a completionist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Site Feedback >> make it easy to be a completionist Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
make it easy to be a completionist - 11/25/2019 3:50:26 PM   
jhkrischel

I usually spend my loyalty discount code every year catching up on DLC I might have missed - and in the past, there was a long, exhaustive page where I could see every game I had registered a serial for in a compact table - as well as every game I had NOT registered a serial for. I'd go through the list, and pick out the things I was missing, and fill my holiday stocking.

Now, I get a fancy graphics page that shows *only* my games, and a "register new serial" page that has a klunky dropdown, so unless I'm willing to extract the list from HTML, dump it in a spreadsheet, manually input the ones I have on my page, I've got no easy way to cross reference what things I might be missing from my collection.

It would be one thing if you guys did it like steam or gog, and showed "already owned" while browsing the store, but you've taken away my last place where I could geek out, and make sure I had complete sets (even though I have no time to play them).

Can you restore the old page with the nice compact table? Or at least give people an option?
Post #: 1
RE: make it easy to be a completionist - 11/26/2019 8:58:17 AM   
IainMcNeil

Adding a way to filter out games you already own is a nice idea. We'll add it to the list!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to jhkrischel)
Post #: 2
RE: make it easy to be a completionist - 8/3/2020 9:03:53 PM   
Raikkonen

I'd add that ever since this new web site was introduced, I've found myself coming to browse much less often. I find the new layout confusing. I like to log in, check what's new, what coming soon, what announced, etc. Like the first poster, I'm a bit of a completist, so I'm looking to maintain a list of interests and checking back frequently to maintain that list. I went to the "new" releases page and was greeted with a large banner that scrolled through several items, including John Tiller's Battlefield Civil War. Far from new. The list below was in order of release. But then I was further confused by all the options for Panzer General 2. It's just not as intuitive for me to find what I want when I come to browse. I'm bombarded by banners and scrolling items and "news". I've got my anniversary coupon coming up and trying to make my list ready for catching up, but it's getting more challenging to figure out what I want due to the layout.

Another example - home page shows me "what's hot" I don't care what's "Hot" since I don't know how they've determined the hotness factor. top right I get "recent" news, but way below on the left I get "more" news. Then a banner of what appear to be random games. Then the latest DLC's, which is the first item that makes some sense.

So then, I go to Store: New, figuring I'll get a chronological list of all releases. I figure I can look back to my last purchase date and I'll see everything. Not so! I'm hit with an Add for Fantasy General II: Invasion, then FGII Prologue, then Shadow Empire. Then another banner of Latest DLC's. Finally I reach a list. Beginning with PG2 Field Marshal Ed released Mar 19. What? That's the latest release? Ok, maybe so for a full up game. So the banner of DLCs post dates that but no list? Confusing. I just want a full, chronological list to peruse. The list "ends" with CMO from Nov 14, 2019. I guess that's the end of the list. No link to "all releases: Got to look harder for that.

OK, so maybe Store:All will get me there. Ahhh! Found it! Now a comprehensive list of everything! Wait - I've got to go through pages and pages. There must be a way to reset the number of games displayed per page - nope! I'm restricted to the quantity whoever set up the page wanted. Oh well. At least I finally reached my desired destination! The info I want is right here. Maybe I'll bookmark this page and only visit here.

Sorry for the rant, I just want something similar to my old Matrix web site back.

Tom

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 3
RE: make it easy to be a completionist - 8/3/2020 9:04:13 PM   
Raikkonen

Uggh. Now I've got multiple posts and can't figure out how to delete them. Maybe I'm just old and technology is beginning to pass me by....

< Message edited by Raikkonen -- 8/3/2020 9:09:06 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: make it easy to be a completionist - 8/3/2020 9:04:44 PM   
Raikkonen

There. Can't seem to delete a post?

< Message edited by Raikkonen -- 8/3/2020 9:10:02 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Site Feedback >> make it easy to be a completionist Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI