Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to update unit names

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to update unit names Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to update ... - 8/5/2020 12:05:24 AM   
Daza99

A low priority request. (v1.05) Renaming your Capital city does not update Military unit names which has the same old city name. Would be nice if they did or/and add an ability to set a keyword/name as a substitute if you want something different for Unit names.
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to upd... - 8/5/2020 1:32:15 AM   
Lovenought

Yes please, i've noticed this problem too

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to upd... - 8/8/2020 10:25:42 AM   
TheSquid

+1 to this (I also reported on this issue not too long ago).

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to upd... - 8/8/2020 2:35:21 PM   
Antediluvian_Monster

Do you mean the cultural adjective visible when checking on troops contained within military units and on the city cultural info panel? That doesn't have anything to do with capital city name per se, the only thing that determines it is the default realm name the game generates when creating a planet (that name may be based on your capital city, but it might not be). It remains based on the default realm name even if you rename your realm in the start. And yeah, ability to change it would be nice, I had also requested this in the past.

Or do you mean the militia unit names that are based on the actual city name? You can just rename those from the unit admin screen (same screen but different tab to where you would reassign unit's HQ).

< Message edited by Antediluvian_Monster -- 8/8/2020 3:17:47 PM >

(in reply to TheSquid)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to upd... - 8/8/2020 4:50:29 PM   
Malevolence

How about we eliminate zone names from the default militia unit names and solve the problem without complex hacks and work arounds?

Zones are very mutable objects in the game. Using them for any designations is a problem.

It would be better if all canonical names were totally customizable. At the moment it's a terrible mishmash. In many places, changing a name doesn't actually change the name everywhere in the game--from that point forward.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Antediluvian_Monster)
Post #: 5
RE: Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to upd... - 8/10/2020 10:09:44 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

How about we eliminate zone names from the default militia unit names and solve the problem without complex hacks and work arounds?

Zones are very mutable objects in the game. Using them for any designations is a problem.

It would be better if all canonical names were totally customizable. At the moment it's a terrible mishmash. In many places, changing a name doesn't actually change the name everywhere in the game--from that point forward.

While I would not be against that, it seems Vic has quite a bit intended for Zones and Cultures. There are a lot of special rules regarding Zones and Militia.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Suggestion: After changing Capital city name to update unit names Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI