Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

7th Flieger Division

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 7th Flieger Division Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7th Flieger Division - 8/5/2020 2:29:28 PM   
adarbrauner

hi forumites,

in October 1941 Germany received as reinforcement the 7th flieger, I checked out of curiosity, and the results are that the 7th Flieger (cover name for 1st Parachute) was never sent to eastern front, does it means that t was assigned as to simulate the generic availability of the unit, should OKW had decided to deploy it there?
Post #: 1
RE: 7th Flieger Division - 8/5/2020 3:03:21 PM   
Hanny

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

hi forumites,

in October 1941 Germany received as reinforcement the 7th flieger, I checked out of curiosity, and the results are that the 7th Flieger (cover name for 1st Parachute) was never sent to eastern front, does it means that t was assigned as to simulate the generic availability of the unit, should OKW had decided to deploy it there?

quote:

7th flieger

https://www.axishistory.com/books/151-germany-luftwaffe/luftwaffe-ground-units/5604-7-flieger-division

Following the battle for Crete the division was refitting and coming up to strength with new recruits. In September it was sent to the Eastern front to fight near Leningrad and it remained in the east until December when it was transferred back to Germany. FJR 2 remained on the Eastern front until June 1942 and when it returned to Germany it was detached from the division to form 2. Fallschirmjäger-Division.
In October it was again back on the Eastern front where it remained over the winter and in May it was transferred to France for rest and was it was redesignated 1. Fallschirmjäger-Division in May 1943.

Used on the ground, not as airborne.

< Message edited by Hanny -- 8/5/2020 3:07:38 PM >

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

(in reply to adarbrauner)
Post #: 2
RE: 7th Flieger Division - 8/5/2020 3:09:32 PM   
Drakken20

I found this (in Italian and I try to translate) After the hard test of Crete, the division was supplied with new recruits before being sent, in September 1941, to the Leningrad sector where it remained until December, the month in which it returned to Germany. The 2. Fallschirmjäger-Regiment (2nd paratrooper regiment), however, remained on the Eastern front until June 1942, so it also returned home, however detached from the 7. Flieger-Division to form the future 2. Fallschirmjäger-Division. The 7. Flieger-Division returned to the east again in October 1942, and remained there until May 1943, that is when it was moved to France where it changed its name to 1. Fallschirmjäger-Division.
opsss Hanny was faster

< Message edited by Drakken20 -- 8/5/2020 3:37:57 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: 7th Flieger Division - 8/5/2020 4:28:35 PM   
adarbrauner

(in reply to Drakken20)
Post #: 4
RE: 7th Flieger Division - 8/5/2020 7:15:41 PM   
Zug

As it turned out this caused more harm than good, as a large portion of the Ju-52 fleet was involved in transferring those troops to and from Leningrad at the same time as Typhoon was running out of fuel. To allocate these aircraft to a secondary front when fuel was so desperately needed for the spearheads heading for Moscow was a big blunder.

< Message edited by Zug -- 8/5/2020 7:16:40 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: 7th Flieger Division - 8/7/2020 4:57:10 AM   
Hanny

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=https://www.tracesofwar.nl/articles/5564/Duitse-7-Flieger-Division.htm&prev=search&pto=aue

The battered 7. Flieger-Division returned to Germany to be renewed. During the renewed construction it was decided on September 27, 1941 the Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 1 with its I. Bataillon and III. Bataillon to the Soviet Unionto support the battle at Leningrad. If II. Bataillon became the II. Bataillon, Luftlande-Sturm-Regiment, reinforced with the Fallschirmjäger-Lehr-Bataillon, enclosed. On September 29 and 30 the positions of the 1. Infanterie-Division at Schlüsselburg were taken over. On October 1, the regiment was reinforced with the arrival of the Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 3 which was part of the positions of the III. Bataillon took over. In mid-October the other divisional units joined the troops in the Soviet Union and in December 1941 the 7. Flieger-Division was joined operationally under the 16. Armee .

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

(in reply to Zug)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 7th Flieger Division Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI