Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to eradicate a sect?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> How to eradicate a sect? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to eradicate a sect? - 8/5/2020 2:04:51 PM   
compactset

I incurred in the following problem in my current game: I decided to try the autocracy-fist profiles and when the Anima Circle took root in my Empire I adopted the policy to persecute it and allowed the Shadow Sect to flourish. As result a minor percentage of the citizens of my first two cities leaves my empire and joins rebel forces: thus every 6-8 turns rebel troops are deployed in my core zones. This continued through all the game: I am currently at turn 135 and basically won but these rebellions still happen, even if the happiness in these cities is reasonably high (more than 70) for both population and work force.

So my question is: how do I eradicate completely a particular cult? Is there a stratagem or method to do this?

The strange fact is that in my other cities the Anima circle is not present: they basically follow the tendency of my Empire to allow only the Shadow Sect. It is only in my first two cities that the circle is present and is enlisting rebels and it is not spreading.

Is it possible that I am missing other factors contributing to the rebellion?
Post #: 1
RE: How to eradicate a sect? - 8/5/2020 3:18:28 PM   
demiare

You need twice use a stratagem about that sect. First - to set your policy to "Suppress", second to banish all followers of that sect. I recommend to make a some delay, especially if that sect opposite to your ethic, to reduce amount of it followers. Because banishing will literally banish some of your population&workers for following that sect. Plus not peaceful sects (like shadow guys) will try to make a rebellions against you in that case.

And take in mind that it's VERY hard to remove a sect that following same ethics as your government...

P.S. You ALSO may need a some sect to take place of those guys. Usually I easily remove all sects I don't want except of two who remains my "official" sects. Never tried to make a single sect and guess how sect spreading is working - it's close to be impossible task.

< Message edited by demiare -- 8/5/2020 3:20:51 PM >

(in reply to compactset)
Post #: 2
RE: How to eradicate a sect? - 8/5/2020 7:23:08 PM   
HansLemurson

Maybe we need a "Guide to Safe Sects" post on the forums.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 3
RE: How to eradicate a sect? - 8/5/2020 8:06:08 PM   
compactset

I played again the stratagem to decide my policy towards this cult but there is not the option to banish it completely: only the two options of keeping the current attitude or improve my policy towards it.
This is strange since I did the same with another sect and the game allowed me to eradicate it. Is this a bug?

I also noticed that after the last rebellion the Anima Circle is no more present in my capital: only the first city I conquered has 5% of population listed as follower of this cult. Maybe using the stratagem "expel population" could do the trick?

(in reply to HansLemurson)
Post #: 4
RE: How to eradicate a sect? - 8/5/2020 8:44:28 PM   
zgrssd

There are the following states in cult relations:
- Policy benefiting the cult
- neutral
- Policy penalizing the cult
- banishing the cult

quote:

ORIGINAL: compactset

I played again the stratagem to decide my policy towards this cult but there is not the option to banish it completely: only the two options of keeping the current attitude or improve my policy towards it.
This is strange since I did the same with another sect and the game allowed me to eradicate it. Is this a bug?

I also noticed that after the last rebellion the Anima Circle is no more present in my capital: only the first city I conquered has 5% of population listed as follower of this cult. Maybe using the stratagem "expel population" could do the trick?

Expell population only affects unrest directly. Pretty sure it would keep the cult percentage.
Just wait a bit longer. You almost got rid of them.

If a cult is down to 1 city with 5%, that means you have been fighting it effectively for a long time.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 8/5/2020 8:45:05 PM >

(in reply to compactset)
Post #: 5
RE: How to eradicate a sect? - 8/5/2020 9:06:51 PM   
compactset

quote:

If a cult is down to 1 city with 5%, that means you have been fighting it effectively for a long time.

Yes: basically since after I expanded from my starting zone. I chose the persecute policy from the very start (turn 20?) and now I am at turn 150. The fact is that it kept creating rebellions for basically the whole game. This is extremely unnerving.

I tried expelling population but as you said it had no effect on the cult percentage of that population.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: How to eradicate a sect? - 8/6/2020 10:53:41 PM   
CzarKasm

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansLemurson

Maybe we need a "Guide to Safe Sects" post on the forums.

(in reply to HansLemurson)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> How to eradicate a sect? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI