Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Across the Dnepr - Second Edition >> Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 11/23/2018 6:46:35 AM   
RobS61

Is the Run5 discussion forum gone for good?
It used to be here: http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
The Australian website is still there, but the link to the forum is dead.

There wasn't much going on in the forums for the past several years, but I still checked in occasionally.

< Message edited by RobS61 -- 11/23/2018 6:50:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 12/23/2018 3:28:13 AM   
IckieStickie

Hi there.thought id ask here,as id just been trying to find the same forums as this week ive purchased my first two SSG games.yes a bit late i know but better late than never :).Basically folks ive just found and downloaded ready to be unzipped four fresh new scenarios for "Battlefront"which is one of the titles i purchased.I dont want to mess my game up but i struggle sometimes with modding some of my games and hence i look for advice/info beforehand these days,but i want to add these x4 to my game do you know exactly where i put the files once i unzip them?can i unzip straight to the destination or is it better to unzip to downloads first then move them.See you can tell im no pro at this already no doubt but recent attempts at a previous game ended in failure,i swear this used to be easier than this! :)thanks for any forthcoming help.

< Message edited by IckieStickie -- 12/23/2018 3:29:12 AM >

(in reply to RobS61)
Post #: 2
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 12/23/2018 9:05:43 AM   
zakblood

i've not installed mods for it either, so have no idea on how they work or where they go either

(in reply to IckieStickie)
Post #: 3
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 3/24/2019 4:04:21 PM   
carll11

quote:

ORIGINAL: IckieStickie

Hi there.thought id ask here,as id just been trying to find the same forums as this week ive purchased my first two SSG games.yes a bit late i know but better late than never :).Basically folks ive just found and downloaded ready to be unzipped four fresh new scenarios for "Battlefront"which is one of the titles i purchased.I dont want to mess my game up but i struggle sometimes with modding some of my games and hence i look for advice/info beforehand these days,but i want to add these x4 to my game do you know exactly where i put the files once i unzip them?can i unzip straight to the destination or is it better to unzip to downloads first then move them.See you can tell im no pro at this already no doubt but recent attempts at a previous game ended in failure,i swear this used to be easier than this! :)thanks for any forthcoming help.

HI Iickie, can you share the those 4 new scen.s for BF? Where you got them etc.?

Thx!

Post #: 4
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 10/8/2019 10:59:34 PM   
IckieStickie

Hi Carl,sorry i only this minute saw your post after coming direct from YT again looking for more videos of SSG games,now ive bought the whole SSG range for sale on Matrix im going to make my own Lets play Videos so just for fun and NOT me teaching other newbs!.These games need to see some Love, yes im late to the party but i do have as many of these titles as i could get my hands on during the SALE!^^For me these games are Timeless,and 1o-15 year old games like this are perfect!i wish i came across them first time around.Heres the link to those extra scenarios and theres more than FOUR! :)https://www.ssg.com.au/

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 5
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 10/8/2019 11:03:38 PM   
IckieStickie

Thats ok Zack ive managed to include all the scenarios from the Aussie site and i mean ALL of them only missing Korsun now and thats eems to be the first game made with this system it does look a bit dated and NOT as good as the others i have here!?...Im happy with these.More scenarios though would be great,maybe if i manage to get a small following when i stream these games on YT someone might create an old project thatw as half finished etc?who knows fingers x'd!. :)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 10/8/2019 11:04:57 PM   
IckieStickie

Zack now you would loveEditor in this game Across from the Dnepr which is the latest/last title they made circa 2009!..isnt there a scenario in that wargaming head of yours??haha(zack that link i put up for the other guy click that and youll see all the scenarios for each SSG title some are repeated for say Italy and Normandy,same scenario diffrent title game.and there are quite a few,since i started installing them i found out how easy it actually was,most of them do it all for you tbh.You wont have ANY problems with adding them scenarios if you already have the base title.GL.

< Message edited by IckieStickie -- 10/8/2019 11:07:42 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 10/11/2019 8:30:31 PM   
sPzAbt653

I fondly remember the way old 'The Ardennes Offensive' [TAO] by this company. Looking for info on that game brought me here. I think I will buy Korsun Pocket then work my way up thru their games.

I wonder what ever happened to these games, all of their forums seem to have fallen silent years ago.

Post #: 8
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 10/17/2019 10:03:47 AM   
IckieStickie

I like the idea of that working your way up from the bottom(the first release)Korsun to the top>Across the Dneiper enjoy :) @spzabt653 never too late too start mate,ive only took an interest in this whole series this year!Yes i did notice it all for sale on Matrix but i guess i didnt realise how many of them there were.The combat system it uses gets better too as each game is released.Ive ended up buying all except Korsun,i wasnt going to get that thinking it was too dated but ive changed my mind now :)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 9
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 10/17/2019 10:15:23 AM   
IckieStickie

Im also wondering what happened to the team that were behind all these titles?I mean with such a good system and also what looks too have been an active community going by the amount of scenarios that were made by them and left on the SSG website.Youd have thought they would still be going today!They could have made so much more of the same.I can understand if it was rubbish but this series is actually really good and im surprised i didnt pick it up alot sooner.Across the dneiper i think is the last one they made 2009,you can see the progression from the early games to this one they just got better and better,Id love to see this Decisive battles/Battlefront "system"if that's the right word for it be revived. I for one would buy their next release at a drop of a hat.

< Message edited by IckieStickie -- 10/17/2019 10:26:26 AM >

Post #: 10
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 4/20/2020 9:40:30 PM   
erichswafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: IckieStickie

Im also wondering what happened to the team that were behind all these titles?I mean with such a good system and also what looks too have been an active community going by the amount of scenarios that were made by them and left on the SSG website.Youd have thought they would still be going today!They could have made so much more of the same.I can understand if it was rubbish but this series is actually really good and im surprised i didnt pick it up alot sooner.Across the dneiper i think is the last one they made 2009,you can see the progression from the early games to this one they just got better and better,Id love to see this Decisive battles/Battlefront "system"if that's the right word for it be revived. I for one would buy their next release at a drop of a hat.

Totally agree with you. This was the best operational level wargaming system ever made, and I’ve tried them all. I actually think the graphics hold up pretty well to this day.

While I’d love to see an HD remaster, what I really want are more scenarios. Imagine “Hube’s Pocket” with this system.

< Message edited by erichswafford -- 4/20/2020 9:43:03 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? - 8/8/2020 3:39:22 PM   
jjdenver

Yes, agree this was the best operational level wargaming system ever made. Sadly I believe that one of the main developers passed away so the company is basically no more (?). I wish we had some of the various patches that I think were on the run5 forums as well as the good AAR's and discussion there. :(

I haven't tried to run these in a year or 2 but if someone is keen on a PBEM game hit me up and I can probably give you a game of one of the scenarios for these great games. The offer will stay good for years to come as long as we can get the games running on the latest windows OS.

(in reply to erichswafford)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Across the Dnepr - Second Edition >> Is the Run5 Discussion Forum Gone for Good? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI