Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Answered] Install Directory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Answered] Install Directory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Answered] Install Directory - 8/11/2020 1:10:43 AM   
thewood1

Is the issue of NEVER being able to change the install directory ever going to be fixed? I just installed a new drive on my laptop and have bumped into this again.

I was hoping the message came through fairly clearly a few months ago that punishing your most active players because other players having no clue what they are doing or mistakes Matrix made in previous versions is not a good position to take. I now have to completely uninstall and reinstall AGAIN! I'd like to bill whoever made that decision my hourly rate. The worst part is I just did a reinstall two weeks ago because I was trying to organize my harddrive. I hate to imagine how much time I have wasted now.

edit: Is there someplace in the registry I can change the default directory? Because that's a lot easier than spending 25 minutes installing and about 30 minutes entering all the serial numbers again.

edit 2: Add 15 minutes per uninstall also.

< Message edited by apache85 -- 8/12/2020 2:08:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Install Directory - 8/11/2020 8:12:36 AM   
Surtur

As I mentioned in the other thread. It is by design, to prevent human error. We still think it to be the best way of doing things. You pick your desired folder during the installation process and if you wish to move it to a new folder you are advised to uninstall and reinstall the game.

- Surtur

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Answered] Install Directory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI