Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UNREADABLE FONT SIZE!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> UNREADABLE FONT SIZE! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UNREADABLE FONT SIZE! - 8/7/2020 1:46:44 AM   
Auchinleck

Nobody can tell me it's my aging eyes. This game changed from it's original release with updates, expansions, or some type of reformat. I could still read the numbers in the victory conditions as to how many of which type of units need to be destroyed or protected. Not anymore! Even with a magnifying glass the shrunken small print has become so distorted, that it is impossible to make out the key victory conditions to know what to focus on, to play! And that is an unnecessary travesty, because that makes the game officially unplayable! Can guarantee you I am not alone with this obvious observation.
Post #: 1
RE: UNREADABLE FONT SIZE! - 8/12/2020 7:09:40 PM   
bru888

Make sure you are patched up to version 8.5.6. I noticed some graphic improvements in the last couple of patches. That said, I would add that the minimum screen resolution for OOB these days is 1920x1080. Any lower than that and the fonts get fuzzy as well as small. From what I can gather, what the designers did in their UI overhaul was to accommodate jumbo screens. That was 8.4.x. Only recently, with versions 8.5.x, have I seen what I believe to be retrograde improvements for laptop screens. But I just took a peek; I could not live with a screen smaller than 1920x1080 and play OOB. I believe the designers know not to kill the golden goose of laptop users.

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 2
RE: UNREADABLE FONT SIZE! - 8/12/2020 10:12:43 PM   
Auchinleck

Thank you for that bru888. I used to be able to play this in 1024x768. I'm sure I still can't wrap my head around the concept of by making the screen resolution (smaller, even harder to read, makes it easier) but for being able to read the victory conditions, it has at least unscrambled the unreadable mess that became the text, after as you explained, the updated versions were responsible for. Hey! I can play the game again! From Angry Emoji to Happy Emoji. lol

(in reply to bru888)
Post #: 3
RE: UNREADABLE FONT SIZE! - 8/17/2020 5:39:30 AM   
bru888

Well, good!

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> UNREADABLE FONT SIZE! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI