Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible bug in v.6...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Possible bug in v.6... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible bug in v.6... - 7/4/2001 5:52:00 PM   
sami heimola

I installed v.6 and wanted to play June 1944 US Airborne vs German (attack/defence) battle. Map was Omaha Beach. I took 2 companies Airborne and couple of transport planes and thought that I'm dropping them behind Germans. As I started turn 1, all troops (expect planes) were in landing ships! And there was couple of LPT's (if I remember right) which were as tank icons! OK, my planes flew over German lines but they didn't included any troops! Seems that everybody were in those landing ships (or crafts?)... I tried same battle 2 times but result was same. Third time I got all-land map. So, seems to be something wrong in beach battles... Has anyone else noticed same? Sami

Post #: 1
- 7/4/2001 6:03:00 PM   
Warrior

Using auto-deploy?

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to sami heimola)
Post #: 2
- 7/4/2001 6:21:00 PM   
sami heimola

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior: Using auto-deploy?
Yes. I tried this twice but still there were landing crafts which included all troops! Planes just flew over Germans without any droppings... Strange, because I didn't notice this in earlier versions...

Post #: 3
- 7/4/2001 6:30:00 PM   
Warrior

OK, you can't do it using auto-deploy. You must use Human Deploy, manually load the paratroopers into the planes and/or gliders, then designate their drop zones. The AI doesn't know you want those guys to fall from the sky unless you tell it, and since you had a beach assault, it supplied landing craft. I just set up your June '44 battle and had no problem with the paras. [ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Post #: 4
- 7/4/2001 10:25:00 PM   
Alby

I had some problems in beach battle, was an online game, my opponent was assualting, he said his big naval guns showed up in the ocean as 4.5 inch rockets, DEPLOYED IN THE OCEAN!! yes i even saw them there, also half his troops were missing landing craft. [ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ]

Post #: 5
- 7/5/2001 12:59:00 AM   
Voriax

Another bug..or a feature...who knows. This appeared in earlier versions also. When an infantry unit has the movement rate set to zero for some reason (scenario designer's choice etc.) the unit will not be able to turn. By allowing the infantry to turn in such cases would greatly enchance their defensive value...then the scenario designer could create ambushes, defensive positions as he likes without havibg to fear that the AI orders those carefully positioned troops to wander about...and simple bypass/destroy from behind would not work in such cases. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 6
- 7/5/2001 2:39:00 AM   
David Heath

Please remember this game is a memory HOG! if you play a big battle you better have the ram.

Post #: 7
- 7/5/2001 3:58:00 AM   
sinner

What do you mean by a memory hog? How much RAM do you recommend?

Sinner from the Prairy<br />"Thalassa! Thalassa!"

Post #: 8
- 7/5/2001 5:00:00 AM   
sami heimola

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior: OK, you can't do it using auto-deploy. You must use Human Deploy, manually load the paratroopers into the planes and/or gliders, then designate their drop zones. The AI doesn't know you want those guys to fall from the sky unless you tell it, and since you had a beach assault, it supplied landing craft. I just set up your June '44 battle and had no problem with the paras. OK, but do I have to unload them from crafts first? And then to planes? I didn't noticed any inf icons on water... AI loaded them all to crafts but planes were empty :(... [ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Post #: 9
- 7/5/2001 5:15:00 AM   
Don

Sami, Auto-deploy is horrible and I wouldn't use it. In fact I'd like to see it removed from the game! Try loading the planes yourself and see what happens. I don't think the game is smart enough to recognize that you want certain troops in those planes! :)

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

Post #: 10
- 7/5/2001 5:42:00 AM   
troopie

I never use autodeploy. It invariably lines everyone up in a whacking long line, and puts my infantry far away from their transport. troopie

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 11
- 7/5/2001 8:34:00 AM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by Sinner from the Prairy: What do you mean by a memory hog? How much RAM do you recommend?
I don't know about anybody else, but I would say 128Mb RAM is minimum and 256Mb is better (that's what I have).

Post #: 12
- 7/5/2001 8:38:00 AM   
Warrior

Posted by Sami: "OK, but do I have to unload them from crafts first? And then to planes? I didn't noticed any inf icons on water... AI loaded them all to crafts but planes were empty ..." Yep, either start the whole thing over or go to Human Deploy, double-click a landing craft and unload. Then select the unit and load it into a plane. If you're also hitting the beach with troops, put the ones not paratroopers back into the landing craft.

Post #: 13
- 7/5/2001 10:54:00 AM   
Mumdaan

Was reading this and saw you mention 4.5in rocket launchers auto-deployed in the middle of the water... It happened to me as well and if i remember right i found there wasnt a landing craft able to mount them. Carry cost was 255 i think and the largest landing craft avail was 254 capable. Probably a bug but maybe as intended.

Post #: 14
- 7/5/2001 3:49:00 PM   
sami heimola

Well well well... Very strange... I tried once again same battle (US attack vs German, June 1944, Omaha Beach) and I was very amazed as I noticed that US had not transport planes at all (this time) :(!!! I checked Encyclopedia and there were transport planes. Why they doesn't show in unit screen? So, do I have to choose "air support" in Preferences, let's say "1", before I can choose transport planes? If I remember right, earlier this air support option doesn't affect it... Am I in wrong? Another bug is LPT which seems to be tank (T-54 I suppose?). Picture is right but wrong icon. I checked this from Encyclopedia and there was same thing too... Sami

Post #: 15
- 7/5/2001 6:04:00 PM   
Warrior

To be sure your air is available, the weather must be clear (1). If the computer generates a bad weather/night battle, no air will be available. The default in Player Preferences for air sections is "XXX," so computer chooses. Set it to a number to be safe. Of course, the computer may also give air to the enemy unless you set them to zero. Report the tank thing to the Oob Forum, they're working on things like that. [ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Possible bug in v.6... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI