Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

QOL: Currently-selected unit should be the default "target" for a strategem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> QOL: Currently-selected unit should be the default "target" for a strategem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
QOL: Currently-selected unit should be the default &quo... - 8/15/2020 6:49:57 AM   
TheSquid

For some reason I expected that if I had a unit selected, then brought up the strategem window and selected a strategem that could be applied to that unit, that the unit I had selected would be the one the strategem would be played on.

Unfortunately, it turns out that the strategem window had a different unit selected, so when I played the strategem, it was applied to a different unit instead!

Surely it makes sense to keep the currently-selected unit as the target?

On a related note, it would be handy if, when selecting a unit from the strategem window, that this unit would then become the selected one. That way, the unit window would update and one could see if, for example, there is already a syndic priest (or whatever) assigned to that unit, instead of the current way: close the strategem window, then select the unit on the map, remember what it was, then go back to the strategem window and ensure the correct unit is chosen and then apply the strategem.
Post #: 1
RE: QOL: Currently-selected unit should be the default ... - 8/15/2020 10:28:36 AM   
DTurtle

I agree with that, but just as a tip: If you select a unit, there is a "strat" button on the unit tab at the bottom that you can click on in order to play strategems on that unit. If you select a OHQ unit, clicking on the "strat" button allows you to play posture strategems on that OHQ.

(in reply to TheSquid)
Post #: 2
RE: QOL: Currently-selected unit should be the default ... - 8/18/2020 1:32:27 PM   
TheSquid

How the hell did I miss that?

Damn, this is easily the second/third time I missed a UI feature in this game.

Thanks for the tip!

But even though that's likely the better/best way to play strats on units - I'd still want the unit selection to remain if selecting the strat screen - unless of course the chosen strat can't be applied to that unit anyway (in which case it won't matter).

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> QOL: Currently-selected unit should be the default "target" for a strategem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI