Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

(RA) Allies in Tatters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> (RA) Allies in Tatters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(RA) Allies in Tatters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 6:22:45 PM   
deaniks

Hi i'm deaniks and I would say i'm a intermite player at witp and this is my first time doing an arr for a game that's already in progress in march of 42 I am playing the allied side and so far things are not looking so well for me its not hopeless yet but it can change depending on what my opponent decides to go we are also using the RA mod.
House rules;
1)No CV Hunting turn 1
2)Paratroopers; Free to use fragments to capture small island bases but have to bring the whole unit if you are using it elsewhere , either in 1 turn or in the following turns if you cant bring the whole unit.
3)Units cutting retreat must be a realistic size of brigade or above ; What does cutting retreat mean = surrounding a hex completely with units and no direction to escape.
4)All PT Boats in the same hex must be in the same task force
5)No Crossing Malacca strait with surface ships until Japan controls Singapore
6)Fighter altitude limit 20k until 06/42 , 25k 06/42-01/43 , 30k 43-44 , 35k 44-45 , 40k 45-46
7)No night strat bombing until 44
8. No crossing borders without paying the pp costs for moving units of restricted commands
9) exceptions: American units can move freely in Canada, and Thai units may move freely in Burma and Malaya.
10) restricted units may move 3 tiles across national borders before paying PPs.

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/23/2020 1:11:31 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 6:25:42 PM   
deaniks

so far i have lost around 2 carriers the saratoga and lexigton, 6 bb(5 usn) (1 britsh) and numerous cls, dd's, and 6 ca's

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/17/2020 6:27:56 PM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 2
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 6:47:26 PM   
deaniks

Strategic situation

Attachment (1)

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 3
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 6:49:48 PM   
deaniks

i forgot to metion there is also 4 brigades in luganville 3 aussie and one american, 3 in suva two nz and one american and also 1 american in pago pago

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/17/2020 6:50:25 PM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 4
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 7:04:32 PM   
deaniks

India situation

Attachment (1)

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 5
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 7:10:24 PM   
deaniks

right now around Aussie we have most of the american fleet gathering around here and going to move else where right now i'm debating where i want to send my carriers I want to send the hornet and enterprise and the cvl Charlotte near Karachi to meet and then use it as a strike force to harass ships in and around the Indian coast while the Yorktown and Hermes along with 5 bb's and a bc sit in Aussie and harass ships at bases near Aussie also in around 5 days I have the formidable and the BC renown arriving to help Indian defense

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/17/2020 7:12:32 PM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 6
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 7:17:03 PM   
deaniks

intelligence

Attachment (1)

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 7
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 7:29:35 PM   
Nomad

A friendly note, adding the game date to your posts really helps us to understand your position better.

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 8
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 7:36:10 PM   
deaniks

China

Attachment (1)

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 9
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 7:39:01 PM   
RangerJoe

I would suggest teaming up the Hermes with the Charlotte. Between them you have a decent carrier but do not slow down your fast carriers.

I would not move any American carriers to support India. If the KB is there, they could be sunk. They are better off training their air crews and/or raiding fast then getting out.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 10
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 8:04:17 PM   
deaniks

ya i propply wont move any carriers there i most likley will move some more lighter ships like a ca a few more dd's and stuff to help out the bb's that are allready there and the charlote is like 32 knots
or something so it can keep up with the main carriers while the hermes is at like 24 knots thats why its teamed up with the eneterprise

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 11
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 8:08:54 PM   
deaniks

cvl Charlotte

Attachment (1)

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 12
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 10:49:13 PM   
deaniks

March 13, 1942
nothing much happened some Japanese sub actives lost one cargo ship to those he tried to land a paratroop at dacca but luckily had some troops there to stop him then just some air battles nothing else much

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 13
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 10:51:22 PM   
deaniks

I've also landed some more Eng's and AA at cold bay to get that airbase up so i can start bombing the Japanese at adak island

Attachment (1)

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 14
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 11:08:09 PM   
Anachro

What are your defensive plans for India proper? I'd also be wary of sending BBs, especially slow British BBs, against any invasion force if its covered by carriers, unless you have nearby strong airfields and numerous planes to provide LRCAP. Slow BBs are torpedo magnets for Japanese bombers.

As I have read your opponent's AAR up to this point, I will refrain from making any comments on the actual situation for awhile, but I will stop reading your opponents AAR so I can comment here more freely in the future.

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 15
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 11:23:15 PM   
deaniks

some kind of line like this

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 16
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 11:30:43 PM   
deaniks

ya but I don't have to many fighter in India right now i would say about 130 between all my bases plus another 40 of the p-39d moving from Capetown to India right now i am also moving up a ca task force from Australia up to India plus a British task force just arrived this turn with the renown so i don't have to use my bb's if i want to make fast strikes

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 17
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/17/2020 11:58:11 PM   
Anachro

Be sure to constantly check your sigint report as it will usually show what bases Japanese troops are planning for; in my game, I got early info on landings at Ceylon (which is a hopeless case early on so best to just evacuate what you can while having some troops to slow him down in the cities) as well as at Vizagapatnum. I think your line is good, as you should be trying to avoid fighting in clear hexes and making him fight in jungles and rough terrain where you have numerous forts. It goes without saying that you should already have base units and engineers in strategic locations building up forts and airbases, while avoiding building up airbases in places he will probably take. In my game I had an early defensive line like in your picture and then planned a defensive line further in more parallel to Bombay (both lines were mostly composed of rough terrain that would be hard for Japanese forces to take against decent defensive forces). Always pay attention to the rail lines and where the major junctions are, as you don't want your opponent to take them and cut your ability to rail troops around.

Are you planning to send reinforcements from the USA?

Also, check up on the line he must cross to trigger emergency reinforcements for you in India.

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 18
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 12:00:03 AM   
Anachro

In my game of RA, this was the ultimate line I was able to hold in India, but this was because my opponent never tried any landing moves that seriously stressed my ability to setup defensive positions in time to meet his forces. I brought in a few US divisions, tank regiments, and base units though to help (relatively early thanks to sigint pointing to my opponent going after India), which was absolutely important. Can never have enough engineers to build defenses.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 8/18/2020 12:01:18 AM >

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 19
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 2:28:48 AM   
deaniks

ya i have units moving to those bases as we speak

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 20
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 2:55:41 AM   
deaniks

its march 14,
as of now nothing happening still happening but i got a sig int that the 10th artillery reg was planning for an attack on Perth idk if this to throw me off from his real ambitions in India or this is a attack but like I said before I am leaving at least two divs behind in Aussie to hold back what ever he might throw into there and move at least 3 divs to India i also think I will move a couple of air groups from Aussie to India as well to strength its air deference

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/18/2020 2:57:30 AM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 21
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 4:16:07 AM   
RangerJoe

Check your air group reinforcements at Aden. The 10th US Air Force comes in there.

― Julia Child

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 22
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 5:02:54 AM   
deaniks

ya so those p-40s don't come in for like another 60 days and by the time they arrive it might be to late use them for anything also for the deference of India would i want a div on every tile like i have in china or just on my bases and around them with important roads protected?

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 23
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 2:12:08 PM   
RangerJoe

Have units in strategic mode to be able to move fast to reinforce, have your engineers fortify bases. Secure bases behind the lines in case soldiers drop out of airplanes.

― Julia Child

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 24
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 2:19:58 PM   
Q-Ball

Too late now, but it's a good idea to send a USAAF fighter group and bomber group to Cape Town right away, like Dec 8th. Also some Marine Planes to put on RN CVs. British really need those US Air Pools in India.

It takes about 2 1/2 months to transit fully from Cape Town including the sail, but that gets those US Airgroups to Bombay in early to mid-Feb

< Message edited by Q-Ball -- 8/18/2020 2:21:02 PM >

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 25
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 2:30:15 PM   
deaniks

ya i did do so i have atleast 50 p-39d's in India plus some muraders just moving some more planes from Aussie to India

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/18/2020 2:34:24 PM >

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 26
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 2:41:22 PM   
Anachro

If you can manage it, try to get the US air wings that start in China into India, even if only one plane from each, as you can reinforce in India and upgrade to good planes with deep pools. I'm thinking of the 27-plane units. Also try to use air transport to extract some of the USA CAF engineer base units that spawn in China potentially. Not sure if they are there yet.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 8/18/2020 2:59:08 PM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 27
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 3:05:45 PM   
RangerJoe

You are thinking of the Chinese mercenaries called the AVG. They started at Tougoo in Burma. They fly a Swedish version of the P-40B, which is a H-81 in the game. One of those pilots later attacked over 40 enemy fighters, shooting down at least 5 of them and based on the bomber's crews reports, that pilot was awarded THE Medal.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 28
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 3:11:59 PM   
Anachro

Yes, those ones; and in my game they are my top performing units by far, though I have a few other USAF units that approach them in kills. Regardless, they get access to US pools and pilots. Forgive the conditions at the moment, they will be reinforced by lots of air support soon.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 8/18/2020 3:13:13 PM >

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 29
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/18/2020 3:15:45 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

Yes, those ones; and in my game they are my top performing units by far, though I have a few other USAF units that approach them in kills. Regardless, they get access to US pools and pilots. Forgive the conditions at the moment, they will be reinforced by lots of air support soon.

They are the best fighter units the Allies have at start; decent pilots, in a good spot.

You also want to convert out before all the H-81s are lost, because the Chinese Air Units can use those planes....and that's the only decent plane they get for some time

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> (RA) Allies in Tatters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI