Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leader events first 12 turns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Leader events first 12 turns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leader events first 12 turns? - 8/21/2020 1:23:49 AM   
morganja

Twelve turns into my game, and I have had at least one leader event every turn except the first. It's very annoying. Is there something I am doing? Is there a bug? Why is this happening? I'm even getting the same event two turns in a row sometimes.
Makes the game very unfun. I'm in a war with slavers, and my total of 8 leaders can't stop causing incidents every fracking turn? Come on.
Post #: 1
RE: Leader events first 12 turns? - 8/21/2020 2:17:44 AM   
eddieballgame

Unless the 'dev' reveals what triggers every 'decision making' action, one will have to deal with it.
The amount of them vary to even zero sometimes.
Personally, I like them (even the annoying ones to some degree) as it adds to the experience/immersion for me.
It also forces one to pay attention about how one's empire can be struggling & why; such as your 'Profile' vs the ones who are already in a your council, for example.
They may have other (better?) ideas on how things should be run & whether or not you will tolerate it.

(in reply to morganja)
Post #: 2
RE: Leader events first 12 turns? - 8/21/2020 3:26:16 AM   
KingHalford

You can leave them and your government will make a decision for you. This is a common theme in Shadow Empire: it's designed so that micromanagement of certain aspects of the game can be ignored unless you want to focus on them.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 3
RE: Leader events first 12 turns? - 8/21/2020 5:23:24 AM   
Lovenought

Leaders who have low relations are more likely to cause problems. In the early game, you haven't yet been able to shoot/fire everyone who doesn't think the correct way, so they cause problems.

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 4
RE: Leader events first 12 turns? - 8/21/2020 10:18:25 AM   
pauls2271

Yes, leaders with low relation scores are trouble-makers. Also, it seems like once your leader starts their antics, they are more prone to more antics.

I got to use the useful "Assassinate Leader" card in my current game due to the continuing antics of a low relation governor.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 5
RE: Leader events first 12 turns? - 8/24/2020 12:22:22 AM   
morganja

I know there is a good reason for it. I just don't know where to look to find it. I started the world again, not from the beginning fist turn, but from the planet generation, and there was no issue. I'm guessing it had something to do with the generated leaders being especially awful, but I wish I could figure out why so I would be aware of it in the future.

Great game, by the way. Love it.

(in reply to pauls2271)
Post #: 6
RE: Leader events first 12 turns? - 8/24/2020 12:41:25 AM   
eddieballgame

Remember, over time you can relieve, fire, rehire, piss off, & assassinate your way to a council that aligns with your profile.
Bribing & sucking up will only delay the inevitable chaos that is part of dealing with a hostile/less agreeable council.
Or...you can succumb to their views & govern accordingly.
You are at the mercy of the 'rng' in the beginning, but that is one of the many challenges this great game offers.

(in reply to morganja)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Leader events first 12 turns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI