Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v.1.18.00 update now available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> v.1.18.00 update now available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/12/2020 3:11:36 PM   
manickennel

Hi all,

Version 1.18.00 is now available and brings you the usual selection of fixes and updates. We hope you enjoy it and please do let us know what you think. (EDIT: Here is a direct link.)

GAME ENGINE CHANGES

• Fixed an end of turn MPP summary error that did not correctly list all summary items such as convoy and decision event additions/deductions (Sparky0565).
  • Fixed a Transport error that did not allow you to unload if in a friendly port but without any remaining action points (Dalwin).
  • Fixed a combat morale recalculation error that in some cases incorrectly increased a defenders morale (pjg100, HamburgerMeat).
  • Fixed a transport unload error that would sometimes freeze the rest of the in game interface.
  • Fixed a unit operation error that did not allow units to transport past Sicily or Istanbul where there was a Land + Sea connection.
  • Fixed an AI Amphibious Transport land and unload error that led to an infinite loop and CTD (coloradoviejo).
  • Fixed an incorrect PBEM++ send message screen heading text error (Aussiematto).
  • Fixed a surprise enemy contact error that did not reduce remaining action points by the distance the unit had moved (El_Condoro, crispy131313)
  • Fixed a PBEM++ winning side error when a player has not resigned and the game has reached its victory script conclusion.
  • Fixed a weather error that was incorrectly preventing Carriers from attacking some targets despite the Carrier otherwise seeming to have clear weather from its attacking hex (MBB).
  • Added new functionality for POPUP script #DATE fields and #CONDITION_POSITION fields. See Templates\Events POPUP.txt for more details in the NOTES section of the header.
  • Added new functionality for any EVENT script that uses the #CONDITION_POSITION field. See Templates\Events for more details in the NOTES section of the header of the applicable files.
  • Added a new 'Hide/Show Map Information' button to the Operational Management area of the in game interface.
  • Added mouse hover information for map convoys.
  • Added mouse hover 'Undersupplied' air unit information text.
  • Added mouse hover text and symbol sprite drawing capability for POPUP and SUPPLY events. Refer to the event note headers for more details.
  • Added mouse hover Fortification completion date for Engineers that are preparing a fortification as well as in the unit information panel (splashell).
  • Naval retreats will now consider and look for empty friendly ports to retreat to if applicable, except for those ports with enemy land units already adjacent to them (scott).
  • Map will now re-center during animated replays of last turn moves if any action would otherwise occur over the bottom interface area (scott).

All Campaigns

• Germany's base HQ Build Limit increased from 6 to 7 (Sugar).
  • The London Home Guard may now mobilize in response to Axis Amphibious Transports approaching the UK coast near London.
  • Volkssturm In Königsberg may now mobilize in response to approaching Allied Amphibious Transports.
  • USSR scorched earth settings changed from 30 -> 50%, to 40 -> 50% for Settlements, Towns and Fortified Towns (Taifun).
  • Unit script header text relating to '#DISPLAY_TURN=' updated.

1939 and 1940 Campaigns

• Mobilization_2 scripts for Finland and Sweden amended so they now check for only Amphibious Transports within 1-2 hexes of key locations.
  • Mobilization_2 script for Italy added so they now have a 33% chance per turn of swinging 15-25% towards the Axis if there are any Allied Amphibious Transports within 30 hexes of Syracuse Port.
  • Mobilization_2 scripts for the USSR amended to reduce their upward swing towards the Allies from an Axis Sealion under Green and Novice difficulty levels when playing against the Allied AI.
  • New in game messages and Pop Up Events added to better assist the Axis player on how many units need to be kept in the east to avoid increasing Soviet mobilization.
  • The USA will now swing 15-20% towards the Allies on the 7th December 1941 when Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.

1939 Campaign

• If they had transferred to the UK's control, the Ports of Cork, Wexford and Limerick will now return to Ireland if the UK surrenders (Mithrilotter).

1940 Campaign

• Decisions 418 and 611 and two POP UP scripts #NAME= ALLIED AI: German/Soviet Front Garrison Report 1941 fixed so that they will now fire, as they were incorrectly only set to fire if DE 600 = yes, but DE 600 does not exist in this campaign (Mithrilotter).
  • If it had transferred to the UK's control, the Port of Limerick will now return to Ireland if the UK surrenders (Mithrilotter).
  • <<TAG_77>> and <<TAG_87>> added to the language files relating to the Unit scripts (Mithrilotter).

1939, 1940 and 1941 Campaigns

• Mobilization_2 scripts for Spain amended so they now check for only US Amphibious Transports within 1-2 hexes of key locations.
  • Removed the experience points from the US navy when it deploys on joining the war, and also from some AI scripted units (Mithrilotter).
  • Mobilization_2 script #NAME= ALLIED AI: Axis Units In The UK (USA->Allies) amended so that it now only moves the US 1-2% towards the Allies rather than 2-4% per turn at all but expert level. At expert level it does move the US 2-4% towards the Allies (Mithrilotter).
  • An Axis Declaration of War on Latvia or Estonia now swings the USSR 25-40% towards the Allies for each, whereas it was previously 25-35 and 15-20% respectively (smckechnie).
  • Mobilization_4 scripts triggering DE 1009 and DE 1010 added for an Axis Declaration of War on Latvia or Estonia respectively. Each will trigger the mobilization of a half strength Soviet Corps in Leningrad.
  • Mobilization_4 script triggering DE 1005 will now lead to the deployment of a full strength Soviet Army with full research at Leningrad and another at Moscow if Bulgaria is neutral when the Axis declare war on the USSR.
  • Unit script adjustments made for Green and Novice selected difficulty levels where AI bonus units have been reduced accordingly.

1942 Campaign

• Timoshenko HQ and 1st Cavalry Corps now start with entrenchment level 2 (Ashes Fall).

< Message edited by manickennel -- 8/13/2020 10:04:14 AM >

Producer of Strategic Command, Commander, Field of Glory and a few other things besides.
  • Post #: 1
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/13/2020 3:27:29 AM   
    canuckgamer

As usual clicking on the checking on update in the game menu did not work. I think that has been the case in the 3 or 4 updates. I don't see a link to the update in your post about 1.18.00. Please provide a link as I have been unable to continue my PBEM game. Thanks.

(in reply to manickennel)
    Post #: 2
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/13/2020 6:22:12 AM   
    El_Condoro

The #CONDITION changes are great - thank you.

(in reply to canuckgamer)
    Post #: 3
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/13/2020 10:02:10 AM   
    manickennel

Apologies to any who have been unable to update via the game launcher. Here is a direct link to the new download. We're looking into any potential FTP issues.

Producer of Strategic Command, Commander, Field of Glory and a few other things besides.

(in reply to El_Condoro)
    Post #: 4
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/13/2020 3:03:58 PM   
    Taxman66

Launcher update worked for me.
    Maybe it's a security setting or 3rd party issue.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Post #: 5
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/15/2020 8:35:25 AM   
    Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Launcher update worked for me.
    Maybe it's a security setting or 3rd party issue.

Yeah it usually has to do with a firewall or something...

(in reply to Taxman66)
    Post #: 6
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/15/2020 8:35:27 PM   
    Hartmann

I really love the tool tips over the convoy lines - extremely useful stuff! Same goes for the tool tips for the red and purple hexes when aircraft are undersupplied - before, I was never quite sure what I was supposed to do exactly (especially as it seemed that the hexes were actually in good supply).

< Message edited by Hartmann -- 8/15/2020 8:36:15 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
    Post #: 7
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/17/2020 1:14:27 PM   
    Hubert Cater

Glad you like the changes

(in reply to Hartmann)
    Post #: 8
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/20/2020 8:18:36 PM   
    Taifun

quote:

• Mobilization_4 script triggering DE 1005 will now lead to the deployment of a full strength Soviet Army with full research at Leningrad and another at Moscow if Bulgaria is neutral when the Axis declare war on the USSR.

• As I understand this: If Germany attacks the USSR and Bulgaria is not an Axis allied country the Soviets get 2 free Armies?

La clé est l'état d'esprit

Post #: 9
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/21/2020 10:00:14 AM   
    BillRunacre

That's correct Taifun.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Taifun)
    Post #: 10
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/21/2020 12:04:21 PM   
    Taifun

Thanks Bill for the info. What is the historical background for this penalty?

Another thing that I find weird is that France begins the game on 1st September 1941 being already at war with Germany. France only declared war to Germany on 3rd September and after Britain did so earlier that morning. France being already at war on the 1st September allows the German player to attack trough Luxemburg on the 1st turn and occupy the French mine with the infantry corps without a fight! A mayor non historical breakthrough the French defenses (and economic hit to the French war effort) ...

(in reply to BillRunacre)
    Post #: 11
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/21/2020 3:51:58 PM   
    David Hansen

My game shows that the v.1.18.00 has been updated in the load up screen.

I'm playing the 1939 campaign as the Axis...and even with this latest patch the German base HQ Build Limit still remains locked with 6 HQ vs. 7. The game is in May of 1941 just before I plan to kick off Barbarrosa and I have all 6 German HQ's built and deployed on the map.

When I go to the purchase screen...HQ's are in red with 0 left to purchase and build.

Post #: 12
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/22/2020 9:59:22 PM   
    Taxman66

Probably only applies to fresh/new games; not to games that are updated but started with an older version.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to David Hansen)
    Post #: 13
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/24/2020 11:58:45 AM   
    BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taifun

Thanks Bill for the info. What is the historical background for this penalty?

Players have recently been reporting that if the Axis invade the USSR in 1940 then the USSR cannot cope and it is effectively game over, so this was introduced to help even things up.

Though last week a bug was also discovered by pjg100 that may also have some bearing on the USSR's weakness in the face of a very early invasion, so I will fix the bug and then we'll see if these extra units are still needed or not.

quote:

Another thing that I find weird is that France begins the game on 1st September 1941 being already at war with Germany. France only declared war to Germany on 3rd September and after Britain did so earlier that morning. France being already at war on the 1st September allows the German player to attack trough Luxemburg on the 1st turn and occupy the French mine with the infantry corps without a fight! A mayor non historical breakthrough the French defenses (and economic hit to the French war effort) ...

I've checked using the 1939 World at War campaign and France doesn't start already at war with Germany, though a German declaration of war on Luxembourg will make the French become at war with Germany.

That said, I'm not sure which mine you're referring to?

(in reply to Taifun)
    Post #: 14
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/24/2020 12:08:31 PM   
    Taifun

German declaration of war on Luxemburg does make France become at war with Germany and then it is possible to advance the infantry corps straight into the mine complex on turn 1. The French morale takes a 25% drop hit...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 15
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/25/2020 9:35:40 AM   
    BillRunacre

Ah, I was checking the wrong game, it's very easy when checking the forum!

Will have to think about this, but hopefully I can come up with something.

(in reply to Taifun)
    Post #: 16
    RE: v.1.18.00 update now available - 8/25/2020 3:02:42 PM   
    Taifun

The easiest thing will be to detach the automatic French war declaration to Germany from the German aggression against Luxemburg. Also an initial French unit defending this key exe will have to be considered in the initial set up...

Post #: 17
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> v.1.18.00 update now available Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI