Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Special Key

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Special Key Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Special Key - 7/5/2001 1:15:00 PM   
Jasper

Can a special key or shortcut key be added for disable and enable the main gun. To press spacebar and deactivate and activate the main gun is very tiring....... I have a dislike to use main gun against infantry, the smoke it created, MG is much better. In any version from 5.0 to 6.0, I think I still prefer to use the MG against infantry but it is very tiring (space deactivate, after that space go to main gun and activate again for the next turn)..... Sometime I think that is the reason why most of the modern main battle tank had it HE removed.....It is much better to have a few tens of round flying against a human then to have a big fat round on it. Further to that the stupid smoke...... Any comment??? :)

Post #: 1
- 7/5/2001 1:56:00 PM   
Don

quote:

To press spacebar and deactivate and activate the main gun is very tiring.......
Yea, but what I really hate is getting fired on by a tank and realize I forgot to turn my main gun back on! Argh! You're right - it's a pain and that's why I rarely do it.

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 2
- 7/5/2001 4:55:00 PM   
Jasper

I discovered that when u on the unit screen (spacebar), if u press H, the main gun will be disable immediately, however to activate, u need to go back to clicking with the mouse. And C is to disable the first co-axial weapon... to enable again u click. So it is possible to have a key to enable and disable the main and co-axial gun.... Maybe the admin would like to know about it.

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 3
- 7/5/2001 9:45:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Casper: I discovered that when u on the unit screen (spacebar), if u press H, the main gun will be disable immediately, however to activate, u need to go back to clicking with the mouse. And C is to disable the first co-axial weapon... to enable again u click. So it is possible to have a key to enable and disable the main and co-axial gun.... Maybe the admin would like to know about it.
Confirmed..works as caspar mentioned. Maybe adding SHIFT-key functionality to H and C key to directly disable main gun and first coax without going to unit screen first would be a nice idea? ...as base functionality seems to be already there. _________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 4
- 7/5/2001 10:28:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Don: Yea, but what I really hate is getting fired on by a tank and realize I forgot to turn my main gun back on! Argh! You're right - it's a pain and that's why I rarely do it.
To prevent this, I put my left thumb on the space bar to call up the unit's screen then leave it there while I fire with the main gun disabled. This reminds me to hit the spacebar again to enable it.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 5
- 7/5/2001 10:36:00 PM   
Mark Ezra

As noted there are two methods to control which weapons to fire. I think you have a fine idea and hope Matrix will consider it for CL, but not SPWAW. It is really time to consider this game a completed project and let Matrix focus on creation of new games. Of course if a talented member of the SPWAW community creates a program to improve weapons selection process I'll be right there giving it a try.

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 6
- 7/6/2001 12:29:00 AM   
Jasper

three more keys, P for disable the third weapon, ; for the fourth and y to change your leader name.... :)

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 7
- 7/6/2001 4:09:00 AM   
tracer

quote:

Originally posted by Casper: Can a special key or shortcut key be added for disable and enable the main gun. To press spacebar and deactivate and activate the main gun is very tiring.......
One of the SPWAW manuals (version 4.?)had a complete (I think) list of keyboard shortcuts in it. I remember a README file that came with that version had a pointer to the list when it was showing how to adjust the scroll speed of the map. Not sure if they all still apply to version 5/6, but I'll check my backup disks too see if I still have it.

Jim NSB

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 8
- 7/6/2001 4:24:00 AM   
Belisarius

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt: To prevent this, I put my left thumb on the space bar to call up the unit's screen then leave it there while I fire with the main gun disabled. This reminds me to hit the spacebar again to enable it.
Funny! So do I :eek:

Got StuG?

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 9
- 7/6/2001 5:56:00 AM   
ruxius

Me too I experienced more than one time forgetting to enable again main gun.. I doscovered that when my tanks didn't answer any op-fire :) good idea to have that shortcut..

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 10
- 7/6/2001 1:28:00 PM   
Latka

What I started doing was "T" to target the enemy, "C" to bring up the weapons list, and then the particular # of the machinegun that I want to fire. I got tired of pouring main gun rounds into infantry formations :) Latka

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 11
- 7/6/2001 5:25:00 PM   
Jasper

quote:

Originally posted by Latka: What I started doing was "T" to target the enemy, "C" to bring up the weapons list, and then the particular # of the machinegun that I want to fire. I got tired of pouring main gun rounds into infantry formations :) Latka
The problem with this mode is that u fire only one of ur co-axial weapon...I like to fie all the MG (2 or 3)- first MG for hitting and the rest for suppression. If I want to use HE, anyhing smaller then 80mm is not acceptable...look at the 75mm field artillery....they cant even hit me but alot of supression that all... Even 88mm is only occasionally good against infantry...so why waste ur ammo on them and create so much smoke to blind urself. SIG is superb for indirect fire. Espically against a gang of infantry....

(in reply to Jasper)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Special Key Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI