Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How is the Solo Player these days?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> How is the Solo Player these days? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How is the Solo Player these days? - 9/7/2020 10:09:28 PM   
gallycadet

I'm interested in the game, but I noted in the manual that it says the game is balanced around a PBEM experience. Is this still true? I'm primarily interested in playing the US, how is the enemy AI in that situation. I'm strictly a solo player, and if there is still active development for a single player experience, I will happily buy especially with the sale going on right now.
Post #: 1
RE: How is the Solo Player these days? - 9/7/2020 10:41:52 PM   
ago1000

I strictly play solo. I ramp the AI to the hardest level possible and the best supply possible and I have a go at it. I first started play historical to learn the mechanics of the game. If you like to play Allies, the Axis AI does a good job in the early game. As the game goes on, a Human player simply can out think the AI. I have played Axis against the Allies AI and I find it more challenging than the other way around. Allies in 43+ have to much in their arsenal.

HvH I'm sure is the optimal for this game. Some will say, playing the AI is good at teaching the mechanics of the game. While this is true, I'm not a rock star when it comes to these types of strategy games but I grew up with Third Reich and this game to me is the best of its kind on the market today.

I have enjoyed solo play since it first came out and I'm still learning new things as it is getting better.

Furthermore, the developer in the game is very much involved in making the game better.

Lastly, if you are stuck, this forum has been awesome at answering questions. Great peeps.

Hope this helps

< Message edited by ago1000 -- 9/7/2020 11:23:00 PM >

(in reply to gallycadet)
Post #: 2
RE: How is the Solo Player these days? - 9/7/2020 11:51:23 PM   
kbar

I play hot-seat and find the game to be balanced and challenging.

The mechanics of Fog of War are well suited to my play style. At sea, enemy units are visible on the map, but to hit them you must pass a "spotting check". This reduces the "perfect knowledge" problem inherent with hot-seat.

Dev support is outstanding. As you can see the forums have a lot of activity and questions are answered.

(in reply to gallycadet)
Post #: 3
RE: How is the Solo Player these days? - 9/8/2020 8:07:16 AM   
sillyflower

I'm not a fan of PvE with large, complex strategy games like this. That said, if you enjoy PvE with other games like Strategic command, TOAW, WiTE etc you will enjoy this

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to kbar)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> How is the Solo Player these days? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI