Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  288 289 [290] 291 292   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/8/2020 2:08:35 PM   
Telemecus

INP

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8671
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/8/2020 4:51:34 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

quote:

It feels like Monday.

... since the Happy Mondays played Glastonbury?

How about a month of Sundays? Or 4 minutes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHsip5xOenQ

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8672
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/8/2020 4:52:19 PM   
Zorch

quote:

INP

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8673
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/8/2020 6:21:56 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

quote:

INP

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 8674
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/8/2020 6:57:40 PM   
USSAmerica

Good afternoon - Tithe.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8675
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 1:41:21 AM   
rustysi

Hello all.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8676
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 1:53:20 AM   
Schani59

Well I got the letter today from social security. I am eligible for benefits in January when I turn 62. Neato.
Hell it does not seem so long ago when me and the boys were busting up bars. Picture this, North Dakota and winter. We were restless. University jocks, bikers and us construction and farmers workers. Something was bound to give. Picture a good old western movie bar room fight. That was us. We were always careful as not to throw chairs, tables, pool balls and cues or people at the bar lest the booze gets damaged. Police always showed up just break up the brawling never an arrest. To many of us. Just told to go home. Those were the good olde days.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8677
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 1:57:14 AM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schani59

Well I got the letter today from social security. I am eligible for benefits in January when I turn 62. Neato.
Hell it does not seem so long ago when me and the boys were busting up bars. Picture this, North Dakota and winter. We were restless. University jocks, bikers and us construction and farmers workers. Something was bound to give. Picture a good old western movie bar room fight. That was us. We were always careful as not to throw chairs, tables, pool balls and cues or people at the bar lest the booze gets damaged. Police always showed up just break up the brawling never an arrest. To many of us. Just told to go home. Those were the good olde days.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 8678
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 2:09:34 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Don't forget the airbase was nearby.

La Campana restaurant with the pretty blonde waitresses!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 8679
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 2:49:27 AM   
fcooke

quote:

SS benefits grow at something like 7.5% a year. So, depending on your asset allocation situation, you may not want to draw on them too soon. But of course, depends on your situation.

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 8680
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 4:51:36 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

quote:

SS benefits grow at something like 7.5% a year. So, depending on your asset allocation situation, you may not want to draw on them too soon. But of course, depends on your situation.

One of the politicians running for election this fall has stated he will kill the "payroll tax". Apparently this tax funds social security and if it is killed now, there will be no money in the SS system in less than four years ...
Better be frugal with your retirement funds until you see which way that decision goes.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 8681
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 6:58:18 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8682
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 11:13:16 AM   
btd64

Good morning everyone....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 8683
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 1:23:40 PM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 8684
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 3:07:13 PM   
Orm

Hey.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8685
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 3:30:42 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Hey.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 8686
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 3:42:54 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

One of the politicians running for election this fall has stated he will kill the "payroll tax". Apparently this tax funds social security and if it is killed now, there will be no money in the SS system in less than four years ...
Better be frugal with your retirement funds until you see which way that decision goes.

Without getting into the politics of the thing, the payroll tax, FICA or "Social Security" tax is a general revenue tax. It goes into the General Fund and is spent. There never was a special fund for Social Security. The Social Security payments are a "gratuity" paid by a grateful government, hence the people receiving it are the government's servants. This was adjudicated in front of the US Supreme Court by the US Attorney General in 1938. That was FDR's Attorney General, the same man who started Social Security. So it was a "scam" from the beginning.

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8687
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 5:27:24 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Hey.

Don't fully understand that picture, But, hey, I am drunk so I do not really care...

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8688
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 6:24:25 PM   
Schani59

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Don't forget the airbase was nearby.

La Campana restaurant with the pretty blonde waitresses!

That's right. Forgot about the airbase. Ah, the good olde days.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 8689
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 6:36:13 PM   
Schani59

Nope. Taking the early in at 62. Me and the boys are pretty beat up after all the years. With diabetes and kidney disease
who knows how long I have left on this planet. Last high school newsletter (well the two high schools here)Red River and
Central thus the newsletter is called the Red Cent. They were class of '69 passed away, '69 accident, 76' accident; My class
'77 passed away, '77 passed away. All good friends.

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 8690
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 9:10:05 PM   
RangerJoe

Check to see if you can get RSDI, the disability. That might pay more and maybe you can get the other payment later when it is higher.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 8691
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2020 11:57:03 PM   
fcooke

And since you are going to start pulling at 62, make sure you plop some away to keep a 'retirement' or 'pension' of your own. There's quite a few decent, high quality (safe) companies out there paying healthy dividends - certainly better than what my bank pays on my savings account. And with today's mortgage rates if you own your home you may want to look at a refi.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 8692
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2020 12:17:51 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

And since you are going to start pulling at 62, make sure you plop some away to keep a 'retirement' or 'pension' of your own. There's quite a few decent, high quality (safe) companies out there paying healthy dividends - certainly better than what my bank pays on my savings account. And with today's mortgage rates if you own your home you may want to look at a refi.

Better yet, pay off the house so there is no payment. Make sure that your insurance coverage is for replacement so you get full value for it.

For healthy dividends, a good option is utility companies that are in sound financial condition. For a quick look at those, check the bond ratings - the higher the better.

― Julia Child

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 8693
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2020 12:27:27 AM   
RangerJoe

There was a blizzard in the area today. In fact, two of them. Mine was Pecan Turtle and the person I was with had a Heath one.

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 8694
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2020 2:05:08 AM   
fcooke

some people like to get rid of much debt as possible (I carry no mortgages at the moment but thinking of adding some). But money available at less than 3%, and as RJ mentioned, utilities paying good dividends, plus the tax write off.....but I am not a financial advisor. YMMV.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 8695
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2020 2:08:57 AM   
fcooke

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Better yet, pay off the house so there is no payment. Make sure that your insurance coverage is for replacement so you get full value for it.

For healthy dividends, a good option is utility companies that are in sound financial condition. For a quick look at those, check the bond ratings - the higher the better.

This is a really important point on the insurance coverage thing. Having your car wrecked and getting Kelley Blue book value sort of blows. There are some good home policies out there, as RJ said - go for replacement value as opposed to some set value. The policies tend not to be priced too differently.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 8696
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2020 3:01:06 AM   
RangerJoe

Where I live, it is not supposed to be the Kelley Blue Book value. Check your state and see if it is the amount to make you whole less the deductible. That means, what does it cost to buy a replacement plus the tax and license? Also included would be the cost of recent repairs to said vehicle since those should increase the value.

― Julia Child

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 8697
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2020 5:22:47 AM   
BBfanboy

Well all this financial advice makes me think you guys are ....

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 8698
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2020 5:23:26 AM   
BBfanboy

... just trying to ...

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8699
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2020 5:23:52 AM   
BBfanboy

... finish the page.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8700
Page:   <<   < prev  288 289 [290] 291 292   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  288 289 [290] 291 292   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI