Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infrastructure

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infrastructure Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infrastru... - 9/10/2020 6:32:09 PM   
jpwrunyan

I used to think I understood the difference but after reviewing the manual I'm not sure anymore.

Is the difference between the Rad Treatment Center and the Anti-Rad Infrastructure that:

Rad Treatment Center only treats soldiers and populace in the zone it is located?

-and-

Anti-Rad Infrastructure *delivers* rad treatment to other zones and soldiers in the field from the SHQ? (essentially like any other supply???)

The wording that has me particularly confused is regarding the Anti-Rad Infrastructure, which says this: "These points are on a Hex-per-Hex basis." Pretty sure I nailed the Rad Treatment Center, but wanna double-check anyway.
Post #: 1
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/11/2020 9:43:40 AM   
Vic

The Rad Treatment Center is Zone-based. The Anti-Rad infra only helps the peeps in the Hex it is located in.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 2
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/11/2020 12:33:23 PM   
jpwrunyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

The Rad Treatment Center is Zone-based. The Anti-Rad infra only helps the peeps in the Hex it is located in.

I suggest the above explanation as an improvement to the existing documentation.

I think a reason I expected more from the infrastructure is that is seems very costly to just help with the *one* hex that it's located on. What is that good for? Do you build it on a mine or something? Again, why would I ever build this? The answer to these questions would also be great in the documentation.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/11/2020 3:36:31 PM   
boomboomf22

I would suspect you would build the Anti-rad infra if you really need a mine or something on the hex, but the rads are bad enough to kill your workers if you don't have rad treatment.

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 4
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/11/2020 5:15:14 PM   
solops

Mines and wells deplete so quickly why bother.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to boomboomf22)
Post #: 5
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/11/2020 7:52:31 PM   
boomboomf22

Dunno, is just a guess. Possibly because population can be quite important so you want to conserve it? ::shrug::

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 6
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/16/2020 8:25:32 PM   
EuchreJack

Well, generally buildings provide enough rad protection for maps where the player and opposing majors aren't lobbing nukes at one another. The Anti-Rad Infrastructure could be useful for a front-line hex.

After looking over the tool tips for what the assets provide, it's probably best to think of the Rad Treatment Center as a Hospital or factory making rad-away, and Anti-Radiation Infrastructure as a concrete bunker.

(in reply to boomboomf22)
Post #: 7
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/16/2020 8:30:09 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: EuchreJack

Well, generally buildings provide enough rad protection for maps where the player and opposing majors aren't lobbing nukes at one another. The Anti-Rad Infrastructure could be useful for a front-line hex.

After looking over the tool tips for what the assets provide, it's probably best to think of the Rad Treatment Center as a Hospital or factory making rad-away, and Anti-Radiation Infrastructure as a concrete bunker.

It's still wholly unclear via the game's interface. ... and via the above explanation

For example, is the player to believe there is an area of effect? If so, how large? Is the treatment uniform? How does the player measure the asset's impact? Do these assets impact and reduce radiation of a hex/hexes or the units inside the hexes? Is the population changed or mutated in some way living inside radiation hexes?

Radiation is a half baked feature.

Asked back at launch per A Tale of Two Rad Treatments

A quick search will find that this ambiguity has been highlighted numerous times since launch.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/16/2020 8:42:04 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to EuchreJack)
Post #: 8
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/17/2020 11:41:44 PM   
EuchreJack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: EuchreJack

It's still wholly unclear via the game's interface. ... and via the above explanation

For example, is the player to believe there is an area of effect? If so, how large? Is the treatment uniform? How does the player measure the asset's impact? Do these assets impact and reduce radiation of a hex/hexes or the units inside the hexes? Is the population changed or mutated in some way living inside radiation hexes?

Radiation is a half baked feature.

Asked back at launch per A Tale of Two Rad Treatments

A quick search will find that this ambiguity has been highlighted numerous times since launch.

I can't argue with that. The in game text on both facilities has two contradictory sayings. My explanation comes from the resource tooltip, not the facility description, and the dev comment in this thread. Almost looks like the in game text for the facilities should be switched, honestly.

The fact that radiation is immediately purged from a unit, rather than building up and killing them many turns later, is also unrealistic. But, I've rarely encountered a map where I even needed to bother with radiation. Frankly, I completely ignore it most of the time.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 9
RE: Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infra... - 9/18/2020 1:03:08 AM   
Malevolence

Personally, I don't mind unrealistic. Radiation protection and radiation purge/clean are both sci-fi tropes I can live with (like FTL, anti-gravity, etc).

I would just like the rules spelled out more formally in the game.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to EuchreJack)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Radiation Treatment Center vs. Anti-Radiation Infrastructure Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI