Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

solo h2h

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> solo h2h Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
solo h2h - 8/8/2003 8:35:44 AM   
junk2drive

hey folks, i've been ignoring h2h all this time because i thought it was only for 2 players. let people know that this mod can be played against the a.i. so for it works for me and looks great. especially mg's move and shoot! how many i have lost walking into an ambush with no real return fire.
thanks to the guys who worked on this project.
Post #: 1
- 8/8/2003 10:35:45 PM   
Bing

I always thought everybody in WW2 fired a .30 cal Browning MG from the hip, same as John Wayne.

Didn't they?

P.S> When I was an armorer, I never figured out why MG's were issued with asbestos gloves. John Wayne never wore asbestos gloves. Did he?

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 2
- 8/9/2003 10:51:06 AM   
mlomax

Only wimps use asbetos gloves now! But they still have them for the barrel change out. Obviously for different weapons though.;)

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
- 8/9/2003 12:29:09 PM   
Karnaaj

The biggest thing to look out for in solo H2H is weird OOB effects; I've seen German gun-halftracks changed into British Mustang III aircraft, 100-ton Maus ubertanks become a five-man crew that still has the same *weaponry* (128mm, 75mm, 20mm & 7.92 MG), and another halftrack (think it was US Lend-Lease to Ivan) suddenly decide it was really a carriage-mounted MG (same movement and carry, but could roll right thru buildings and such as a wheeled MG-mount). (The first examples are from the "Santa's Train" scenario originally done for an earlier SPWAW, and the other was from the H2H-special Russian attack on Vienna "The Last Fight".)

I will say the AI seems to fight a "meaner" battle in H2H... mebbe it's just me, tho.

SP:WAW (http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/WorldAtWar/index.asp)
SP:MBT/SP:WW2 (http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm)
Combat Mission HQ (http://www.combatmission.com/)
G-o-D's Close Combat Links (http://home.wanadoo.nl/cclinks/)

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
- 8/9/2003 7:08:28 PM   
Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Karnaaj
[B]The biggest thing to look out for in solo H2H is weird OOB effects; I've seen German gun-halftracks changed into British Mustang III aircraft, 100-ton Maus ubertanks become a five-man crew that still has the same *weaponry* (128mm, 75mm, 20mm & 7.92 MG), and another halftrack (think it was US Lend-Lease to Ivan) suddenly decide it was really a carriage-mounted MG (same movement and carry, but could roll right thru buildings and such as a wheeled MG-mount). (The first examples are from the "Santa's Train" scenario originally done for an earlier SPWAW, and the other was from the H2H-special Russian attack on Vienna "The Last Fight".)

I will say the AI seems to fight a "meaner" battle in H2H... mebbe it's just me, tho. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've got a new H2H scenario designed using the update, want to try it and see if there are odd happenings? (I haven't run across any weird stuff when testing from both sides vs the AI.)

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 5
- 8/9/2003 10:19:56 PM   
junk2drive

i havent had any of that yet, playing my first scen. the popup for battle damage is chopped off. when arty fires, the bottom screen shows for example : 81 mm mortar firing no los, then blank lines scrolling up. no casualty reports etc.

playing usmc vs japs, japs are always tough but h2h they seem to recover quicker. both sides arty seems deadlier. dang zeros butchering me lol.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
just a thought - 8/9/2003 11:47:49 PM   
junk2drive

i created a separate install of 7.1 but did not apply 7.1x oobs thinking h2h would overwrite them anyway. are the peeps that are having probs using the 7.1x oobs?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
- 8/9/2003 11:50:18 PM   
Frank W.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by junk2drive
[B]i havent had any of that yet, playing my first scen. the popup for battle damage is chopped off. when arty fires, the bottom screen shows for example : 81 mm mortar firing no los, then blank lines scrolling up. no casualty reports etc.
p[/B][/QUOTE]

that is exactly how it should be.

it adds more realism to game and prevents a little bit the recon through
arty.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 8
- 8/10/2003 12:15:58 AM   
junk2drive

ah ha! add one more thing to the axis of evil.....

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 9
Re: just a thought - 8/10/2003 6:37:22 PM   
Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by junk2drive
[B]i created a separate install of 7.1 but did not apply 7.1x oobs thinking h2h would overwrite them anyway. are the peeps that are having probs using the 7.1x oobs? [/B][/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure if the H2H install would overwrite everything, so first I installed v7.1 and all the updates - then installed H2H over it. (After first deleting the mech.exe and steel.prf files like I would for any update.) I have had no problems with the new H2H at all.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> solo h2h Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI