Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Online UNPLAYABLE in ver 6.0 and 5.3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Online UNPLAYABLE in ver 6.0 and 5.3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Online UNPLAYABLE in ver 6.0 and 5.3 - 7/6/2001 10:13:00 AM   
Skotty

After trying about 6 online games, using first 5.3 then 6.0, we are have serious play problems. It seems once an op fire routine pops up, the respective units change their weapons load out. I have seen Shermans have their main guns change to misc small arms, german tank crew weapons change to 105mmFH, MG crews loose their MG42 all together! Just now my opponents 231/8rad AC fired its 20mm at my US recon sqd, the 20mm changed to a MG42 on my PC, even making the MG sound on my end, and the 20mm cannon sound on his PC. There must be a major burp in the way the game handles packet tranfers or something, because this is absolutely ridiculus. We have installed the game 3 times, deleting the pref file every time, rite off my MC CD, 5.01 - 5.2- 5.3 at first then 5.01 - 5.2- 6.0. Still have problems. This problem has never occured like this in previous ver, and we have well over 100+ online games under our belts. We play over a 100mbit lan, 850mhz PC as the server and 400mhz as a client. This problem was mentioned in Mr Heath's post about "how you like 6.0" by forum member Alby. I can send you two save game files where this problem occured if you think this will help. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!! Single player in ver 6.0 is simply great, but something got seriously broke in multiplayer in ver 5.3 and 6.0. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Post #: 1
- 7/6/2001 10:40:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Let Paul and I take a look into this. If its broken we fix it.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 2
- 7/6/2001 11:01:00 AM   
Alby

In my games My opponents units START out with crazy weapons,OP fire is off, Tanks with naval guns, pz4s with flamen analgen, just to name a couple, if you save and reload, it seems to fix it, Havnt finished an online game in awhile to see if they stay with correct weapons. Other problems seem to start then, like game just ending on its own. Try saving and reloading skotty, see if they hold their correct weapons thru out the game.Also getting a magic second HQ unit almost evrygame.(this seems to coincide with crazy weapons thing) As skotty said, this all seemed to start with 5.2 or 3 maybe 1, they all came so fast i cant say for sure [ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ] ;) [ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ] [ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ] [ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ]

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 3
- 7/6/2001 11:24:00 AM   
Stuart Millis

Me too! In version 5.3 my opponent had a sniper armed with a 10.5cm FH and a Vickers HMG with Misc Small Arms as the main weapon. On his end there was no problem. I think the weapons behaved properly (the sniper howitzer made no craters and did not cause more than one casualty per shot) but the weapons appeared and sounded like the replacement weapons and not like the true weapons.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 4
- 7/6/2001 11:31:00 AM   
Alby

heheh :) I had a plane firing rifles at me yesterday. :rolleyes: When things have those crazy weapons that dont range, i dont even see them fire at me, the other guys says he does, and the weapons appear correct to him, i was hosting, if this helps. did you try saving then reloading??? I know this corrects the crazy weapons, whether or not they stay correct thruout the game I dont know yet :confused: [ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ]

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 5
- 7/6/2001 1:53:00 PM   
Skotty

We haved tried the save/load thing and it kinda works, but still goofy stuff pops up later on. I believe it starts to act up on the client side, when they iniate op fire shot, at least that is how it looks to me. Also, when I load the game file as a solo game, both sides weapons return to normal being that my file is on the server PC. I haven't tried the client side yet, in single play that is. I am just glad we were not the only ones having online problems. I am sure the propellor heads at Matrix can remedy this situation. I sure hope they can, cuz 6.0 really rocks in single player.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 6
- 7/6/2001 10:59:00 PM   
Larry Holt

As to units with the wrong weapons that get fixed after a save, are you playing with different OOBs and over ridding the OOB protection warning at the start of the game.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 7
- 7/6/2001 11:17:00 PM   
Skotty

We have not done any OOB fiddling what so ever, just playing the game as is in either 5.3 or 6.0, on both PC's. The problem seem to have stared with 5.3, and still goofs up in 6.0.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 8
- 7/7/2001 4:16:00 AM   
David Heath

Well Guys It looks like there will be a v6.1 soon. We agree that the Online Play is really messed up. We think we know what caused this and we are fixing it now.... plan on a possible late nite release and we hope to see you online. We have also increased the HQ range to help it better support the new infantry rules.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 9
- 7/7/2001 6:11:00 AM   
Alby

We knew you guys would take care of it, thanks a million!! :) :)

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 10
- 7/7/2001 8:18:00 AM   
MacCready

I played my last online game using 5.3.I haven't played with 6.0 online yet. Also I recommend leaving opt fire OFF during online games.Let your troops fire at will.Also that why you can take a break during your opponents turn... :D

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 11
- 7/9/2001 6:53:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys As we promised we fixed the online play in SPWaW v6.0 and we now have v6.1 available to download. There are also a few little changes as well.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Online UNPLAYABLE in ver 6.0 and 5.3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI