Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Road to Moscow

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Road to Moscow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Road to Moscow - 10/6/2020 7:57:42 PM   
tcarusil

I have played the Road to Moscow, Crossing the Border scenario successfully several times using different strategies. I decided to give it a go using a modified red, yellow, green rule. (Red units can only move away from the from the line to a higher supply hex, yellow units are free to move but cannot attack, and green units may freely move and attack.) The results were disappointing. I found I could not get units far enough east with an ability to attack to do any better than a draw.
I wonder if the red, yellow, green rule makes any sense, or if the penalties inherent in the game account for units with decreased health. Any thoughts from those who know the TOAW system better than I do? Thanks.

TomC
Post #: 1
RE: Road to Moscow - 10/6/2020 9:00:34 PM   
sPzAbt653

I don't know where it came from, and I don't like to claim it as mine, but I used the Red-Yellow-Green Rule as a necessity for the 'D-Day to the Ruhr' scenario. Otherwise, there was no way to stop the Allies. Also, this rule makes sense for the WAllies, because they were always overcautious and waiting for more supplies, so they would not attack without oversupply, and would not move unless overgassed. Therefore, for my opinion, the Red-Yellow-Green Rule would not apply to everything, it would be too harsh, and it is not what TOAW was designed for.

(in reply to tcarusil)
Post #: 2
RE: Road to Moscow - 10/7/2020 1:42:33 AM   
larryfulkerson

It's been my experience that Elmer drives his units until they are cherry red and almost never rests them at all. It's something that can be taken advantage of by his human opponent.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Road to Moscow - 10/7/2020 11:55:19 PM   
tcarusil

Thank you gentlemen for your responses. It seems to me that I will allow the penalties generated by the game system to control my use of units. I think that unless a scenario is specifically designed to use "red, yellow, green", using it throws the game off. I may give D-Day to the Ruhr a look to see if the "rule" has has merit there. Thanks.

TomC

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Road to Moscow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI