Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Websites

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Websites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Websites - 8/9/2003 10:41:55 AM   
mlomax

Does anyone know of any place that will give you a good amount of website space for free? At least aound 10+ mb with no advertisements.:cool:

Post #: 1
- 8/10/2003 1:51:14 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I use Tripod.com, I have I think 20 megs of free space, and for the cost of a banner on my page and a single pop up window, I have a free web page I like just fine.

Not sure what would happen if suddenly it was inundated with zillions of people looking at it, but it serves my personal needs.

"Free" is not something that generally normally exists with no strings attached.

But I am happy enough to recommend Tripod, or at least I have never had problems with them.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to mlomax)
Post #: 2
Re: Websites - 8/10/2003 4:22:33 AM   
IBTyrone

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mlomax
[B]Does anyone know of any place that will give you a good amount of website space for free? At least aound 10+ mb with no advertisements.:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi MLo.

10+ MB of free space with no ads is a tall order in today's capitalistic society. Rarely do you find something for nothing.

However, I have two options for you, neither of which meet your criteria exactly, but you still might find palatable.

The first is:
http://www.worldwebhosters.com/free.html
They will give you 5 MB of disk space, with no ads for free. However, I have never used them. One of the guys I work with mentioned them as a possibility. I had a few friends sign up for their services late this past week, but they had yet to hear back after they registered.

The second is:
http://www.microworld.com/html/virtualhosting.html
Microworld will give you 50MB of diskspace for a one-time lifetime fee of $30 with no ads. I have used them personally for website hosting, but I do my domain name hosting via network solutions. I do not recommend using microworld's domain name hosting, but their website hosting in conjunction with network solutions domain name registration has worked well for me.

(in reply to mlomax)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Websites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI