Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Monitor issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Monitor issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Monitor issue - 10/5/2020 3:15:15 PM   
orca

I have 2 CPU's that share the same monitor. One CPU is for work and the other is my personal CPU with command. I use a KVM to switch between the CPUs.

When I stitch away from command and then back to command the first time it works. But usually the second time I do this when I get back to command it freezes and the screen is white with a red x. The only way to fix this is to use the task manager and hard close command. The same issue happens when I turn my monitor off and then turn back on.

My personal CPU with command specs are below:
Dell Computer with Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6 GHZ with command running on a solid state drive.
main monitor a DELL UHD and the secondary window a Samsung UHD monitor
NVIDIA Quadro P600 that has 2 GB memory.

I am using build 1147.10.

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 10/6/2020 3:33:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Monitor issue - 10/5/2020 6:08:03 PM   
thewood1

Out of curiosity, does the other PC go to sleep than awake when you switch over?

Not related, but I find it funny that most issues are with multiple monitors and a single PC. Yours is the exact opposite.

(in reply to orca)
Post #: 2
RE: Monitor issue - 10/6/2020 3:33:18 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Monitor issue - 10/9/2020 11:11:04 PM   
orca

The other PC has no issues when I switch back and forth. The PC that freezes only freezes when Command is open.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 4
RE: Monitor issue - 10/10/2020 4:45:15 PM   
ojms

I'm experiencing a similar issue.

Using Windows 10 and CMO, if I pause the game, lock my computer (Windows Key + L ) and then come back a few minutes later there is a big red cross over the map window. I believe this might be down to a low memory issue?

(in reply to orca)
Post #: 5
RE: Monitor issue - 10/10/2020 5:37:02 PM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ojms

Using Windows 10 and CMO, if I pause the game, lock my computer (Windows Key + L ) and then come back a few minutes later there is a big red cross over the map window. I believe this might be down to a low memory issue?

You have two PCs and one monitor?

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 6
RE: Monitor issue - 10/12/2020 7:48:12 AM   
ojms

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

quote:

You have two PCs and one monitor?

I have one PC and two monitors, I know it's a different setup but getting the white background with red cross appears to be a similar issue.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Monitor issue - 10/12/2020 8:59:56 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

At the risk of conflating issues I do they they are very much related in the sense I think in both cases there may be a display resolution or video-driver reset\re-init taking place and the game's display\video-card related references it previous had become invalidated (pure speculation) in whole or in part (the map display) and it can't recover (or doesn't attempt to). I base that speculation only on that I can make this same thing happen on demand by manually restarting my video driver with the game open. Which not super surprisingly produces the issue (not complaining). What is a little surprising is the number of apps that actually do not get affected or recover without issue, I presume because they either trap for and can handle the event(s) or just aren't as directly talking to the driver\hardware.

As for it happening with "just locking", I can reproduce it on win7, one needs only to load a scene or the editor and ctrl-alt-del and lock, then wait a few seconds and go ahead and unlock. The map display will not recover from the red-x condition, even though most of the time the app itself will (sort of) recover enough to file|exit, though often it may just crash. I have a one monitor, one pc setup, amd card|drivers. This does not occur when the monitor just goes to screen saver or into power save mode (at least not in my case), it takes the locking action or a driver reset.

As mentioned above if anyone needs to know how to repo the driver reset specifically like for what may be going on with the kvm and testing, you can also trigger it via:
Win+Ctrl+Shift+B on win10
CRU utility(restart\restart64) for amd\nvidia, devcon (windows sdk\ddk), or super manually via device manager disable\enable on win7\8.

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Monitor issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI