Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/13/2020 4:29:57 PM   
Surtur

Hi everyone,

We have updated Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem to version 6.00.02. This updated fixes the flickering issue that people have reported.

The update is now available through GoG, Steam, and of course the Matrix website. As well as through the launchers Check for Update button.

Thank you for your feedback, support and patience on this one. Please let us know if there are further issues.

Cheers,

Surtur

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 10/26/2020 4:59:33 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/13/2020 5:29:28 PM   
davidss

Hi Surtur,
Thanks for the update to LSA.
Is there a readme for the new version?
Anything else changed with this update?

Thanks

< Message edited by davidss -- 10/13/2020 5:30:08 PM >

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 2
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/13/2020 6:17:29 PM   
Tejszd

Thank you for the patch!

Was there any other changes, as the patch file is 82MB?

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 10/13/2020 6:18:27 PM >

(in reply to davidss)
Post #: 3
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/13/2020 11:30:00 PM   
mooxe

I believe someone just zipped a bunch of files that were not updated and included them for some reason.

The launcher has been updated to brand Matrix a bit more... yay.

The flickering issue... I believe this is when you select a team in game the team name alternates in two colours continuously very quickly until you deselect them. The fix included here is the two colours alternate much slower now.

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 4
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/14/2020 4:22:59 AM   
Tejszd

This was the change log posted in Steam for LSA v6.00.02;
• The name of the unit currently under the cursor now pulses at a slow and fixed rate
• Better game performance when flares are employed at night.
• Fixed painting issue with transition graphic (i.e. ‘Allies Attack’) going into a tactical battle

I noticed the user scenarios (\Battles)and saved games (\Save) locations have changed slightly too;
was = C:\Users\Darren\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatLastStandArnhem\Mod_Meuse\Games\Battles or Save
now = C:\Users[Name]\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatLastStandArnhem\Mods\Mod_Meuse\Games\Battles or Save

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 5
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/14/2020 6:07:55 PM   
mooxe

• Vehicles with minor damage (immobilized, gun out, etc.) no longer require a repair check and are always repaired

Why was this change implemented into WaR/TLD but not LSA?

and..

Why was this implemented at all?

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 6
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/15/2020 8:23:37 AM   
Astalon

Love the new launcher! However, click on 'Change Settings' and I receive this message: 'Windows cannot find '\settings.exe.' Neither Patch Notes nor Game Manual open either but they don't have error messages.

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 7
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/15/2020 3:07:06 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: mooxe

• Vehicles with minor damage (immobilized, gun out, etc.) no longer require a repair check and are always repaired

and..

Players in TLD were reporting that their vehicles and towed guns would disappear from the force pool after battles. It was because they'd taken minor damage and lost a weapon or been immobilized / tracked. Given the very limited number of vehicles / guns in some German force pools this was an issue I wanted to address, and auto-repairing minor damage was the least-invasive way of resolving the issue for TLD.

LSA has significantly more vehicles and guns in play and it much less of an issue there.

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 8
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/24/2020 4:29:32 PM   
mooxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

quote:

and..

Players in TLD were reporting that their vehicles and towed guns would disappear from the force pool after battles. It was because they'd taken minor damage and lost a weapon or been immobilized / tracked. Given the very limited number of vehicles / guns in some German force pools this was an issue I wanted to address, and auto-repairing minor damage was the least-invasive way of resolving the issue for TLD.

LSA has significantly more vehicles and guns in play and it much less of an issue there.

Thank you.

I am finding that at least in the GJS mod, 100% of tanks immobilized are removed after battle. This is happening while in full supply to.

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 9
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 10/26/2020 4:59:20 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

I am finding that at least in the GJS mod, 100% of tanks immobilized are removed after battle. This is happening while in full supply to.

Ok, I will take a look at it. Thanks.

EDIT: Just an FYI, but it's going to be a few more days before I can look at this in detail.

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 10/29/2020 4:11:24 PM >

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 10
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 11/16/2020 3:53:10 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Sorry for the delay on this.

The code for LSA is substantially different than TLD. The first check it makes (for all teams, vehicle or infantry) is to disband teams with > 50% casualties.

Assuming the damaged vehicle team is not disbanded by crew loss, there is a base 40% chance to repair. This is reduced to 20% if the BG is out of supply. If BG cohesion below is below 67% there is a further 'roll' that needs to be less than BG cohesion or the vehicle isn't recovered/repaired.

Steve

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 11
RE: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 - 1/26/2021 3:56:50 PM   
davidss

Thanks for the above info Steve.

And, I'm writing to confirm the repair vehicle feature in LSA mod GJS 9.4 does work using the latest Matrix patch version 6.00.02

For example:
Recently playing the "Breakout" Operation in LSA GJS 9.4 ... and can confirm 100 percent for sure that the Vehicle repair feature does work.

During a battle ... I had a Tiger II immobilized on a road by a 17 pdr ATG. The Tiger II and 17 pdr exchanged a few more rounds each, but the Tiger II prevailed ... knocking out the 17 pdr.
Over the course of the same, above mentioned, battle ... I also had a Tiger I immobilized while "Moving" through a treed area.

Looking at this Battle Group next turn ... the Tiger II was repaired and came back, but the Tiger I didn't get repaired and was removed from the Force Pool.

In my opinion ... the repair vehicle feature is a very interesting part of the game. Please leave it in LSA, going forward ... if there is ever another patch.

Thanks again :)

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem Updated to 6.00.02 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI