Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Action Points in Mods

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> Action Points in Mods Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Action Points in Mods - 10/14/2020 8:57:57 PM   
papayeti

Hi, I am playing around with some custom campaign designs. I was wondering if there is a way to edit the Action Points for specific units? I'm trying to create a Napoleonic era battle, and I want to emphasize the difference in Cavalry versus Infantry units of the time, particularly in their movement range. If the Action Points can't be changed in the unit types, is there a workaround or other trick to make this happen, say for example in the research/upgrades section? For the time being, it seems that by default infantry and cavalry units both have 4 action points.

quote:

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
- Peter Sellers, "Dr. Strangelove".
Post #: 1
RE: Action Points in Mods - 10/15/2020 12:58:34 AM   
Elessar2

Both movement points as well as the number of attacks per turn can be modded, as well as increasable via tech upgrades. Combat Target Data is your friend.

(in reply to papayeti)
Post #: 2
RE: Action Points in Mods - 10/15/2020 3:17:18 PM   
papayeti

Thank you Elessar2. I actually discovered it "by accident" of course a few hours after I sent that message, when I was looking around in Combat Target Data for other values. I'm still learning the intricacies of the editor. Sometimes all I have to do is ask a question, and the answer finds its way to me!
I'm really interested in adapting the game engine to create mods ranging from the Seven Years War to the preludes to the Great War, like the Boer War, Spanish-American and Russia-Japan wars. I wanted to help out with Kirk22's "Rise and Fall" project, but I haven't seen any activity on that thread for a long time...I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I'm thinking of maybe picking up the idea where he left off? My first step is to create a few of the Napoleonic battles in single form, mainly Brigade/Division size units and smaller maps - like the one I'm working on now for Dresden 1813, which I'm basing on an old S&T board game "Napoleon's Art of War". Again, thanks for your speedy reply.

quote:

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
- Peter Sellers, "Dr. Strangelove".

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> Action Points in Mods Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI