Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Glove is throw; at the Smelly Old Bird

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> A Glove is throw; at the Smelly Old Bird Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Glove is throw; at the Smelly Old Bird - 8/5/2003 2:59:45 AM   
VikingNo2

Okay Mr Buzzard, I need H2H practice and I would like to avenge the defeat you handed me as well.

Here are the terms, you set the terms I pick the Country I wish to play.

The we switch. Don't make me call you a sissy
Post #: 1
- 8/6/2003 9:48:29 AM   
VikingNo2

Sissy

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 2
- 8/8/2003 1:43:31 AM   
VikingNo2

Big Sissy

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 3
- 8/9/2003 12:27:11 AM   
VikingNo2

Over here Mr Buzzard, you have to set the terms so I can set up

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 4
- 8/9/2003 9:25:33 AM   
tiggwigg

Is this a private invitation, since you seem to be having a conversation with yourself...no wonder your profile shows almost 4 posts a day

I have seen your name mentioned in dispatches as a good fighter, so if interested I am ready to do battle with you.

I am playing H2H now on the final revision. I play small battles on small maps (1200-2000 points with a mandatory company and often a theme, such as recon armour or airbourne only) to medium/large on big maps (2500-5000 points depending on the period).

I prefer CC on, less than 10% artillery and am willing to accept other revisions. I usually play russian or allied, since every other bastard wants to be germanssssss

Let me know what's your liquor!

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 5
- 8/9/2003 10:38:11 AM   
VikingNo2

Dear Mr Tiggwigg I will accept but I am one of those poor wretched CC off gus:rolleyes:

Whoever you want just tell me the conditions, and what country you want.

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 6
- 8/10/2003 5:25:21 AM   
tiggwigg

Being an Ozzie, I will play Australian...or germany because I rarely have the chance to play with their toys.

Please feel free to set-up the game...that is something I do most of the time and I can knock out a scenario in minutes flat. I always edit the map in a meeting...I always set the startline back for a meeting, with a penalty to the first player, to negate the advantage of first move. I also distribute victory hexes to create more interesting battles.

I suggest 1941, 10% artillery set wherever you like...pacific or desert or ?

Shall we say 2000 points?

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 7
Sorry - 8/10/2003 5:35:36 AM   
Buzzard45

Sorry, Oh Horned one. I haven't been looking for a game so haven't checked this forum.

Summer is not a ggod time for too many games. I still have three in the works, that I am behind on, and one delayed start with my old Dutch buddy who can now only play in the summer. I don't know how that is going to work.

You will get your rematch if you can wait until the weather cools so that no construction can go on is this great white north. Also , I have 4 versions on my hard-drive now without the H2H fr. I prefer to wait for the 7.2 or 8.0 whatever they call it next.

Being a road warrior all summer I can only get in one or two turns per week. That is not up to your standard.

Doesn't matter what I write here its going to sound like an excuse.:o Best I can do.

" Look alive!! Here comes a Buzzard"
POGO

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 8
- 8/10/2003 1:14:21 PM   
VikingNo2

Sure Mr Buzzard, IMO people who beat you make you better, you beat me soundly last time. Everyone has a weakness you just have to find it, which can be frustratingly fun. I'm looking foward to our games( would like to try a H2H fr and a regular )

Tiggwigg I don't know how to edit, I will try idf you point me in the right direction, if not I will set up a 2 K battle . In the Desert you German me Brits. Let me know I had to work all night so I have to crank out some turns in other game let me know

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 9
- 8/10/2003 3:48:49 PM   
tiggwigg

Viking, I am happy to set up the map, if that is more convenient.

To edit the map, open the Editor using that button. First thing is to choose the nations, since this sets the sides assigned on the map, and if the nations in the battle are different to the ones on the map, then SPWAW can really screw up the retreat/reinforcement hexes (yours are behind me, and mine are behind you).

Once you have the sides assigned, you have one of two choices, either to generate a random map (which can be dull), or to use one of the designed custom maps...I often create a random map and add terrain, roads, houses, etc...but it will be easier for you to choose a custom map...to this click the map load button and browse all the maps on offer until you find one that sounds good...if you don't like it when you use the Map Edit button to look at it, then load another one until you are happy.

Now click the Deploy button for either country...you will then be given a standard display map, but with some different buttons on the side...there are two buttons with single big flags (which are assign objectives...ignore these) there are two buttons with double small flags...one is to edit the start line and the other is to edit the victory hexes.

The start line is straight forward enough but tedious...just click each hex where you want the starting line to be...I generally set it at between 15 and 25 for the side that starts first (if on the map left side), and between 25 and 35 for the side that starts second...do it so it looks pretty or sensible according to the terrain.

The victory hexes are a little harder. You start with the first hex, which is hex zero. There are 21 all told. Click the top right button to locate it. Click on a new hex to shift that hex, or leave it where it is. Then click the next button, and click on a new hex if you want to move it. Repeat for all 21 hexes.

If you want to change the ownership of the victory hex, there is a button...you can also change the type (end of game, per turn, exit hex, etc) and change the value of the hex.

Good luck...it is interesting learning of the mechanics of the game.

PS my email is [email]tiggwigg@ozemail.com.au[/email]

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 10
- 8/10/2003 4:07:33 PM   
VikingNo2

do you mine setting this one up I will play with this, and get one together for next time if you don't mind. If not I can try and set something up tomorrow:)

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 11
- 8/11/2003 6:12:25 AM   
tiggwigg

I will set up the battle...shoot me an email so I have your email address.

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> A Glove is throw; at the Smelly Old Bird Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI