Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Passing vassal territory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Passing vassal territory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Passing vassal territory - 9/20/2020 12:54:59 AM   
Kaaven

It is really weird that I cannot drive my units through the territory of my vassal, even when they have 100 relationship with me. In my current game, that means I have to drive my units half a continent around, instead of being able to attack my enemy in the back, because my small ally controls a small part of land separating us.

So I would like to suggest making it possible to pass vassal's territory. Simple as that. Either just by default, of possibly as another Minor faction card to pass to do so. To offset the possible strategic advantage that it would grant, it would still be impossible to pass any logistics that way. Just unit passage. That way, it would still be a risky manouver but would make having allies instead of just conquering everyting more viable.
Post #: 1
RE: Passing vassal territory - 10/3/2020 2:09:23 AM   
mroyer

Yes, I've had that same exact thought.

I'd also suggest a similar major strategem card for major powers. The target major would have to have a very high relationship (90+?) and a non-aggression pact. Should the relationship drop below the required number, then the majors would have x-turns to get their units out of each other nations or suffer some heavy penalty.

-Mark R.

(in reply to Kaaven)
Post #: 2
RE: Passing vassal territory - 10/17/2020 6:24:51 AM   
TheSquid

Fully agree, except it should be possible to use at least part of the minor's logistics network as well. IMO it would make sense that as the "major" partner, you'd be able to convince your vassal that it might be a good idea to let us use their country for supplying our armed forces.

Though both passage through territory, and logistics, through minors that are your vassals, should require some type of card to be played to allow this. Additionally, having your units and logistics clog up their country's networks (which although they don't actually affect the AI in the same way as we are affected, one would imagine that this would be the case) should have some kind of impact - ideally, it should be properly modelled such that this affects what gets shipped where, meaning it could lead to production shortages or food shortages and the like, which in turn could lead to unrest, which could lead to events triggering where your vassals asks you to help with their food shortage that you've created (then you could choose to supply them with temp food (further clogs up logistics), or just detour a brigade to help reduce the number of hungry people to a more manageable level ;) - with associated political/reputation consequences).

By default, it should definitely be possible to march your troops through your vassals territory without immediately have to declare war - though if you haven't played the right card yet then this should result in PP + rep penalties (and possibly trigger an event/report related).

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Passing vassal territory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI