Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! Page: <<   < prev  50 51 52 53 [54]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/17/2020 9:31:55 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Congrats and praise for my honorable opponent Ed!

I could not have asked for a better one - a competent player with a solid grasp of the game mechnics, good planer with an excellent strategy, reliable, polite, magnanimous on each occasion I forgot to honor a house rule - a true gentleman.

With Ed's permission I have started reading his AAR. I admit that I was bit jealous to see this thread growing to 53 pages over time, compared to the measly 13 pages my own AAR has reached, and I expected to see a lot tipps and advices from other Allied players - which I would have taken as explanation and consolation for having been beaten earlier than history . But it appears that the 53 pages mostly comes from Ed having done a detailled and very well structured AAR for each single turn - kudos to that discipline!

We will do a rematch with roles reversed which should start before the end of the month. I hope I will learn enough from this AAR to avoid a Japanese auto-victory!

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 1591
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/17/2020 12:39:04 PM   
RangerJoe

A very good game from both of you.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 1592
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/17/2020 3:55:06 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

A very good game from both of you.

+1 Looking forward to the rematch!!

As for the size comparison - I very much wanted to read LSTs AAR which is also well written and illustrated, but I try not to read dueling AARs lest I make a slip and reveal something I should have. If LST is Allied next time, I will read his AAR to ameliorate the size envy ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1593
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/17/2020 4:59:15 PM   
IdahoNYer

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Congrats and praise for my honorable opponent Ed!

I could not have asked for a better one - a competent player with a solid grasp of the game mechnics, good planer with an excellent strategy, reliable, polite, magnanimous on each occasion I forgot to honor a house rule - a true gentleman.

With Ed's permission I have started reading his AAR. I admit that I was bit jealous to see this thread growing to 53 pages over time, compared to the measly 13 pages my own AAR has reached, and I expected to see a lot tipps and advices from other Allied players - which I would have taken as explanation and consolation for having been beaten earlier than history . But it appears that the 53 pages mostly comes from Ed having done a detailled and very well structured AAR for each single turn - kudos to that discipline!

We will do a rematch with roles reversed which should start before the end of the month. I hope I will learn enough from this AAR to avoid a Japanese auto-victory!

Thanks for the kind words Uwe. I echo those comments for my esteemed Japanese opponent - who is a true master of the mechanics of the game. I couldn't ask for a better opponent and who has become a friend over these years!

I'll start on your AAR this weekend...will be the best prep for our upcoming rematch. Looking forward to it. But, I did get a whole lot of tips and advice in our game - most from other AARs on the forum, which I go through daily. I couple of examples - starting with the AAR itself. Its format was inspired by witpqs' AARs. Jorge_Stanbury's "big wing" tactics of heavy bomber use, and bringing them early to CBI is another. Apbarog's older AAR led me to multiple routes of advance in '43. There are plenty more examples to list - but I'll mention one other that wasn't on the forum. A good buddy of mine has been playing WiTP vs. the AI much longer than I, and I asked him what is the achilles heel to Japan mid war, and he told me one word. "oil". With you're damnable anti-sub operations neutering my subs, his comment let me to focus on the DEI route. Thanks to all for the ideas and inspirations.

Uwe, thanks again for a great game, lots of lessons learned and lots of fun on the best game ever designed. Oh, my wife is "just thrilled" to hear we'll be going at it again...…

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 1594
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/17/2020 6:01:53 PM   
Nomad

Occasional reader, it is always a bit sad when a game come to an end. It will be interesting to see a couple of AARs with the roles reversed.

the biggest kudos are to two players that stuck it out for 6 years.

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 1595
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/17/2020 8:44:11 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Occasional reader, it is always a bit sad when a game come to an end. It will be interesting to see a couple of AARs with the roles reversed.

the biggest kudos are to two players that stuck it out for 6 years.

The biggest kudos are to the significant others who let them.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1596
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/19/2020 1:17:41 AM   
CaptBeefheart

Well done, gentlemen! I too stuck to IdahoNYer's AAR so as to not inadvertently breach OpSec. I plan to skim LST's AAR to see what was happening over there.

It's great to hear you gents will be doing another one with the roles reversed.

Cheers,
CB

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1597
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/19/2020 7:01:09 PM   
MBF

Nicely done to both of you !

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 1598
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/19/2020 11:49:59 PM   
GetAssista

Congratulations! Good game and entertaining AAR

(in reply to MBF)
Post #: 1599
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/21/2020 2:49:27 AM   
offenseman

awesome game, thank you for letting ride along

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 1600
RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! - 10/23/2020 1:37:27 PM   
Bif1961

In the hope I am not infringing on copyright material, allow me to wax a little musical. I followed this struggle from both sides now and still someone how it;'s the wars illusions I recall, I really don't know WITP-AE at alllllllllllllllll! Congrats and good luck switching seats in a rematch.

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 1601
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 52 53 [54]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: 25 Jan 45....VJ Day! Page: <<   < prev  50 51 52 53 [54]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI