Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders - 10/26/2020 3:22:16 AM   
wolfclan

A problem just appeared in my game. I cannot change the combat orders of any LCU. I have restarted the computer and game, and have tried different scenarios with no improvement. When I open the LCU screen, the screen appears normal except it only shows "combat orders defend" greyed out.
I have no problem changing the operations mode.

Post #: 1
RE: Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders - 10/26/2020 3:28:31 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfclan

A problem just appeared in my game. I cannot change the combat orders of any LCU. I have restarted the computer and game, and have tried different scenarios with no improvement. When I open the LCU screen, the screen appears normal except it only shows "combat orders defend" greyed out.
I have no problem changing the operations mode.

Post screenshots, including the "Radio" screen that shows your game version. Are you sure you installed the original game and then the patches?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to wolfclan)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders - 10/26/2020 3:33:22 AM   
wolfclan

I can't figure out how to post a screen shot. Yes, original first then the patches. I have been playing this version of the game for years. The game version is 1.8.11.26b sep 17 2016

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders - 10/26/2020 3:34:14 AM   
geofflambert

There has to be an enemy unit present in the hex for combat orders to be available. Are you saying all of your units are in hexes occupied by enemy units?

(in reply to wolfclan)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders - 10/26/2020 3:41:41 AM   
wolfclan

Now I feel dumb. I tried a hex with enemy units, and yes, it works. However, the problem still exists in a hex that had a enemy unit, but the unit was "eliminated by attrition". I had units with order of bombard and they still show as having orders to bombard which I cannot change.
Thanks

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders - 10/26/2020 3:43:38 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfclan

I can't figure out how to post a screen shot. Yes, original first then the patches. I have been playing this version of the game for years. The game version is 1.8.11.26b sep 17 2016

Center your screen on what you want to post, then press the Prt Scr key. That copies the screen image to your clipboard. Do not do any other copying until you have finished saving your image.
Next, open Paint or any other Graphics editing program. Start a new project and Paste the screen image onto the blank page.

Edit your screenshot to highlight what you are trying to show - add text boxes if you wish. Save it in a directory you can find later.

Return to the forum, and in this thread select the "Reply" button at the top of a post (the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page does not allow uploaded stuff).

Type your text about the picture, then select the "Embed picture in post" box. Now click on the "Click here to upload!" text, browse to your directory with the file, select (open) the file and keep selecting OK until the post is made with the picture below.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to wolfclan)
Post #: 6
RE: Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders - 10/26/2020 3:44:09 AM   
geofflambert

Don't worry about the bombardment, when a check is done the game will see there's no enemy to bombard and move on.

(in reply to wolfclan)
Post #: 7
RE: Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders - 10/26/2020 4:03:12 AM   
wolfclan

Ok thanks. And bbfanboy, thanks for the instructions for posting screenshots.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Cannot Input LCU Combat Orders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI