Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Smoke protection

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Smoke protection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Smoke protection - 7/6/2001 8:51:00 PM   
Gavris Narcis

Did the smoke provide any protection from enemy fire ? In which way ? Leo.

Post #: 1
- 7/6/2001 8:52:00 PM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by Gavris Narcis: Did the smoke provide any protection from enemy fire ? In which way ? Leo.
Gavris yes it does. The enemy cannot shoot you if he cannot see you. You stay behind the smoke screen and see what happens. regards, sven

(in reply to Gavris Narcis)
Post #: 2
- 7/6/2001 8:57:00 PM   
Gavris Narcis

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sven: [QB] Gavris yes it does. The enemy cannot shoot you if he cannot see you. You stay behind the smoke screen and see what happens. Not at that I think. I supposed that I'm in a hex with smoke and enemy fired at me. Leo.

Post #: 3
- 7/6/2001 9:00:00 PM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by Gavris Narcis: [QUOTE]Originally posted by sven: [QB] Gavris yes it does. The enemy cannot shoot you if he cannot see you. You stay behind the smoke screen and see what happens. Not at that I think. I supposed that I'm in a hex with smoke and enemy fired at me. Leo.
Were they adjacent? In the same hex? It is not an absolute thing, but it does help. regards, sven

Post #: 4
- 7/6/2001 9:23:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Smoke obscures LOS if enough is present, but more usualy decreases teh likely hood of being spotted. IF teh enemy already knows where you are, poping smoke does little to help you until next turn. The best way to use smoke is to pop smoke and then move away. If you move up and Then pop smoke after you are already spotted it wil do little.

Post #: 5
- 7/6/2001 10:53:00 PM   
Belisarius

Gavris, if you're IN the smoke hex, the enemy is likely to spot you if they're close enough and in good order. Now, if you have the smoke hex between yourself and the enemy, it will block their LOS.. at least enough for you to get away. It will clear, eventually.

Got StuG?

Post #: 6
- 7/7/2001 6:25:00 AM   
murr

Smoke works great , especially against fortified positions or river crossings.Of course to optimize it you can pop it and then only move 1 hex at a time , but it seems more realistic that way and that seems to be what everyone wants.

GOOD HUNTING!

Post #: 7
- 7/7/2001 6:32:00 AM   
Greenlake

Yep, nothing like a good smoke screen infront of some bunkers, or a Tiger for that matter. ;)

Post #: 8
- 7/7/2001 9:49:00 AM   
Gavris Narcis

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Smoke obscures LOS if enough is present, but more usualy decreases teh likely hood of being spotted. IF teh enemy already knows where you are, poping smoke does little to help you until next turn. The best way to use smoke is to pop smoke and then move away. If you move up and Then pop smoke after you are already spotted it wil do little.
Not this I think at ! If a unit is in a smoke hex the enemy chance to kill is the same if the unit is in the same hex but without smoke ? Leo.

Post #: 9
- 7/7/2001 9:52:00 AM   
Gavris Narcis

quote:

Originally posted by Belisarius: Gavris, if you're IN the smoke hex, the enemy is likely to spot you if they're close enough and in good order. Now, if you have the smoke hex between yourself and the enemy, it will block their LOS.. at least enough for you to get away. It will clear, eventually.
Not this I think at ! If a unit is in a smoke hex the enemy chance to kill is the same if the unit is in the same hex but without smoke ? Leo.

Post #: 10
- 7/7/2001 9:59:00 AM   
tracer

I'm staying out of this one. You don't have to hit me on the head with a granatgomb

Jim NSB

Post #: 11
- 7/7/2001 10:30:00 AM   
Gavris Narcis

quote:

Originally posted by tracer: I'm staying out of this one. You don't have to hit me on the head with a granatgomb
Hey, don't laugh, because in smoke area it is difficult to precise aiming the enemy ! Isn't it ? Leo.

Post #: 12
- 7/7/2001 10:42:00 AM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by tracer: I'm staying out of this one. You don't have to hit me on the head with a granatgomb
Please I'll die no more I beg you...

Post #: 13
- 7/7/2001 1:02:00 PM   
steel

Yes ! Smoke have very smoked affect. Steel :D ;) :eek:

Post #: 14
- 7/7/2001 1:58:00 PM   
Gavris Narcis

[QUOTE]Originally posted by steel: [QB]Yes ! Smoke have very smoked affect. You can't without make jokes ? I asked very seriously. If I fire upon enemy in smoked hex, have I the same percentaje kill than I fire without smoke ? That's all; if you don't like my questions please don't answer. Thank you very much. Leo.

Post #: 15
- 7/7/2001 2:57:00 PM   
Mike Wood

Hello... Smoke offers some concealment, but no cover. If the enemy can see you in a smoke hex, he can shoot you. No fire modifier. Hope this helps... Michael Wood

Post #: 16
- 7/7/2001 4:16:00 PM   
Belisarius

Best explanation so far, Mike. If the enemy can see you in a smoke hex, you're as likely to suffer casualties as without smoke. Smoke has a very poor ability to stop bullets. :D Smoke ain't no goddamn trees, right?

Got StuG?

Post #: 17
- 7/7/2001 4:28:00 PM   
Gavris Narcis

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Wood: [QB]Hello... Smoke offers some concealment, but no cover. If the enemy can see you in a smoke hex, he can shoot you. No fire modifier. Hope this helps... Yes, this really hope. Only I want to hnow was: ''No fire modifier''. Thank you. Leo.

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Smoke protection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI