Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Private sector not building new ships despite having money & resources to do it!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Private sector not building new ships despite having money & resources to do it! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Private sector not building new ships despite having mo... - 11/2/2020 11:46:55 PM   
Pashahlis

What the title says.

In a pre-warp start I am expanding at a rapid pace and my private sector is just not building new ships anymore. It did build new ships in a huge wave, but then it subsidied. Even as I added a new colony to purposefully drive up demand so that they build more ships, they didnt build any.

Yes, the spaceport has enough construction yards and resources stores.
Yes, the private sector is swimming in cash.
Post #: 1
RE: Private sector not building new ships despite havin... - 11/3/2020 12:54:36 AM   
Retreat1970

With baconmod you can build your own private ships.

That being said, normally the private sector will build when there's a demand it can't handle (upgrades, more mines, more trade, etc...). It works itself out.

(in reply to Pashahlis)
Post #: 2
RE: Private sector not building new ships despite havin... - 11/3/2020 2:41:35 AM   
Siddham

Are you building space ports at your colonies?
Are you building mines?

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 3
RE: Private sector not building new ships despite havin... - 11/3/2020 1:21:11 PM   
RemoteLeg

When this happens to me it usually means I've designed private sector ships that are larger than my allowed build limit. Look at the designs you have for freighters/miners/etc. and make sure they are smaller than your maximum allowed ship size.

(in reply to Siddham)
Post #: 4
RE: Private sector not building new ships despite havin... - 11/3/2020 10:54:05 PM   
Pashahlis

I am having only one space port. I know of overloading your private sector with building too many space ports. I am not over the build limit.

I am constantly building new mines, colonies and other stuff, thus constantly adding up on the demand of the private sector, hence I find it weird that it wouldnt build more ships. The demand should be there. My empire hasnt grinded to a halt yet though. Everything is working fine. But more is always better. I could swim in resources already if the private sector would build more ships.

(in reply to RemoteLeg)
Post #: 5
RE: Private sector not building new ships despite havin... - 11/4/2020 12:02:19 AM   
Siddham

How many planets do you have. I suspect you need to build more space ports.

(in reply to Pashahlis)
Post #: 6
RE: Private sector not building new ships despite havin... - 11/4/2020 12:51:33 AM   
Retreat1970

Every colony should have a spaceport of some size. Why? I know this has been debated for the eons, but a colony without a spaceport will not stockpile resources.

You say the game is working fine, but state there is a problem. The game knows what it's doing. It doesn't need more. If you want to force the issue upgrade all of your mines to something bigger. You'll build some then. Swimming in resources doesn't really mean anything since there's no direct market to sell and the private sector does what it wants anyways.

(in reply to Siddham)
Post #: 7
RE: Private sector not building new ships despite havin... - 11/16/2020 8:04:18 PM   
BlindOne

Just make a minimally viable spaceport that has just 1 of every required component and nothing else added to it. It can be built for close to 1500 credits and less than 350 credits in maintenance cost in base game. I plop that thing over every planet I colonize. Don't forget to add the recreation/medical center and crucially the energy collector to ensure you save on fuel expenditure.

As long as you build these guys over your planets you can be assured of having a metric tonne of freighters being built as well to support them.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Private sector not building new ships despite having money & resources to do it! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI