Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Colors for counters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Colors for counters Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Colors for counters - 7/16/2019 4:46:21 PM   
Lobster

That's a lot of counters.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to John T_MatrixForum)
Post #: 91
RE: Colors for counters - 3/15/2020 10:43:06 AM   
cathar1244

"bump"

Cheers

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 92
RE: Colors for counters - 11/4/2020 11:39:51 PM   
Panzer War

First off Thank you,

Had been looking for a way to modify the colors for the counters. Is their somewhere that I can get the standard color codes that came with TOAW IV?

thx again,

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 93
RE: Colors for counters - 11/5/2020 7:12:27 AM   
cathar1244

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzer War

First off Thank you,

Had been looking for a way to modify the colors for the counters. Is their somewhere that I can get the standard color codes that came with TOAW IV?

thx again,

In https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4385511 , the first comment tells how to save a colors (.col) file. Start the editor in the game, load a standard scenario like the Korea 50 - 51 scenario, and press "X" to save the .col file.

Cheers

(in reply to Panzer War)
Post #: 94
RE: Colors for counters - 11/5/2020 10:25:44 AM   
Zovs

You can see some examples beginning in post 2 here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4905259

I have around 30 or so scenario's I have recolored and will be posting about 25 or so color files within a somewhat short time. I also have about 3-5 scenarios I have tweaked (setting the AD and MRPB and a few other updates) and will be also uploading them as well.

Further I have a series of 11 scenarios that I have both recolored, updated (AD & MRPB) and am updating their scenario briefings and creating updated word docs for them. These last will most likely be uploaded near the end of December.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 95
RE: Colors for counters - 11/5/2020 12:49:53 PM   
rhinobones

How will you be identifying the scenario version? Would like to see a standard convention that shows the scenario is a product of your work and revision history. Something like "Scenario Name Zv01".

Regards

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 96
RE: Colors for counters - 11/5/2020 2:56:52 PM   
Zovs

For scenarios where I only provided a color file, the zip will just be a folder of said name of scenario and you'll need to introduce it on your system to pick up the color changes.

For scenarios that I modified, I have upgraded their version numbers as follows:

If the scenario is stock or no version listed, I assume that is version 1.0, if so then I upgrade it to version 2.0 and make note of this in the scenario briefing right under the title of the scenario in question, and then at the end I have a change log section with my changes.

If the scenario is not stock or has a version listed, I increment the version to the next highest version and make note of this in the scenario briefing right under the title of the scenario in question, and then at the end I have a change log section with my changes.

Some examples:

Ardennes 1944, stock scenario, no changes, only added a color file so the zip will only contain the folder name with the color file.

St Lo 44, stock scenario, no version listed, so upgraded it and renamed it to: St Lo 1944 2.0, zip file will contain new scenario with new name and new folder with color file and the briefing shows Version 2.0 after the scenario title in the scenario briefing and a change log at the end.

AGSouth1942-1943, by Valhain (a pre-TOAW III scenario), renamed to AGS 1942-1943, set the version to 4.0 (original version was 2.0, I converted this to TOAW III as 3.0 and then to 4.0 for TOAW IV), since it was also a scenario rename, only the version number shows in the scenario briefing. This one also came with a word document file, I took the liberty to correct all the spelling and grammar errors and to reformat it in a nice way, also gave it an image and put in my conversion notes.

And so on.

That is how or what I have been doing with some of these. Currently testing the ones where I added in the AD and MRPB, but I'll release the color modifications only soon.

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 97
RE: Colors for counters - 11/5/2020 4:25:11 PM   
Zovs

Here is an example from my modified St Lo:

and the ending:

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 98
RE: Colors for counters - 11/5/2020 4:26:19 PM   
Zovs

And the end result (still testing out the AD/MRPB effects):

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 99
RE: Colors for counters - 2/3/2021 9:05:39 PM   
JTFox001

Re-Coloured the Kasserine 43 scenario to help identify the different formations. Adjusted the "Support Scope" to ensure the units interacted correctly.

Used cathar1244's AK colour for the main background and the various Allies colours. The TOAW XML Editor by 76mm to investigate the GAM file for unit colour ID's, "Support Scope" info and editing. Last but not least, Curtis Lemay's https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4385511.

Cheers

There is only one principle of war and that's this.

Hit the other fellow, as quickly as you can, as hard as you can, where it hurts him most, when he ain't lookin'.

William Slim

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Colors for counters Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI